KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Hey guys,

I've been listening to some VERY old HotSpots with Rich as host and I realized how much magic was in those shows.  I know it might be a long shot, but is there any way possible the old HotSpot crew could meet with Giant Bomb for a special show about NEWS ONLY?  No BS on what everyone is up to, just randomly start talking about the news so the listeners are like "uh...YES".

Brian always talking about sports, Greg talking about awesome shooters and RTS, and Carrie being a voice of reason.  It was hands down the funniest podcast in the history of gaming.  I LOVED how Rich refused to allow swearing and how gracefully he pulled it off.

Man, I still remember the show when you guys talked about going to this pre-360 even and Jeff brought a copy of Halo 2 to try to make it work.  It was so funny. 

The HotSpot and Bombcast are the only ones I listen to, and both of them are FANTASTIC.  Just listening to old shows today made me sad...so much magic in that group.  I'd pay for a season pass for hearing you guys talk about games again.

Just maybe, think about it...please?  E3 is coming up, so maybe do a hard news story without drinking and cursing...let Rich randomly start the show and host it with the old crew.  I wanna hear that magic again.  :)

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By MetalGearSunny

....no.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Drebin_893

Well, I doubt it. As someone who often listens to old Hotspots I agree that it would be great, however. 

Brian - He's at Gamespot, that could not, and will not happen.

Greg - He seems to be working hard at EALA, and I doubt he'd be allowed on the bombcast for any other reason but to promote his own product.

Carrie - Working at Mythic Entertainment (I think?) and probably would not come on a gaming podcast just to "talk about news", I doubt she'd be allowed to either.

Rich - This could happen, but he's over in Boston and is working hard on the MMO. Considering how careful his studio has been to avoid crunch, I'd be amazed if they're allowed these random holidays.

Once again though, it would be awesome.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

There is probably not the slightest chance that this will ever happen in the history of time, so don't count on it. They have before though got together with Rich and Alex Navarro to host a special Bombcast. I'm sure that will happen again, just not with anyone from the Hotspot podcast for some joint show.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By KaosAngel
pause422 said:
"There is probably not the slightest chance that this will ever happen in the history of time, so don't count on it. They have before though got together with Rich and Alex Navarro to host a special Bombcast. I'm sure that will happen again, just not with anyone from the Hotspot podcast for some joint show."
The last time Rich came, everyone was drunk except for Rich and he wasn't happy everyone was swearing.  It wasn't news related...and it wasn't what I was hoping for.  :(
PremierOctopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PremierOctopus

good times

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well the PAX podcast was basically a reunion type thing. They talked a fair bit about what they were doing now, but got onto PAX related news eventually.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

There's exactaly 0% chance of an old HotSpot just like it was in this day.
The good thing is there still dozens of episodes of the HotSpot before it went crap so you can still listen to an '06 or '07 podcast and still find it funny.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
Scooper said:
"There's exactaly 0% chance of an old HotSpot just like it was in this day.The good thing is there still dozens of episodes of the HotSpot before it went crap so you can still listen to an '06 or '07 podcast and still find it funny."
So many bad predictions...lol.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper
KaosAngel said:
"Scooper said:
"There's exactaly 0% chance of an old HotSpot just like it was in this day.The good thing is there still dozens of episodes of the HotSpot before it went crap so you can still listen to an '06 or '07 podcast and still find it funny."
So many bad predictions...lol."
Yeah. Whoever's a hardcore HotSpot fan will be able to instantly tell me who said this in one early '07 HotSpot:

"Rockstar makes their dates".
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By toowalrus

Doubt it, and hope not.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Shadow

I don't think the giantbomb staff would mind, but Gamespot has a semi-strict no plugging other sites policy.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By CL60
Shadow said:
"I don't think the giantbomb staff would mind, but Gamespot has a semi-strict no plugging other sites policy."
What he said.
SuperZamrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SuperZamrod
@Scooper: 

lmao i remember that.  That was Jeff when they were talking about the possibility of a GTAIV delay.  He said there was no chance. 

AND THEN IT GOT DELAYED!!
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#15  Edited By LordAndrew
Shadow said:
"I don't think the giantbomb staff would mind, but Gamespot has a semi-strict no plugging other sites policy."
I'm not even sure what that has to do with this topic. Everything up to this post involved people who don't even work for GameSpot any more. It's about old HotSpot guys, ones who left long ago to pursue other things. Which has occurred, but it's just not the same as the old days.

But there was actually an interesting discussion in the GameSpot Live Union just today about the HotSpot vs. the Bombcast, if that's what you really want. I think it went rather well.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By EpicSteve

They've had bombcasts with old favorites, but it's only something that happens on special occasions.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would love to see Rich and Alex guest.

Deathawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Deathawk

The PAX 08 was probably the closest it's ever gonna get. I'd like to see Carry guest on a bombcast, but I honestly don't see it happening, at this point.

MikeydCT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By MikeydCT
Linkyshinks said:
I would love to see Rich and Alex guest.
same here. I miss Rich.
Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I wonder if 38 Games is going to be at E3.  I haven't seen anything about them.  But hopefully they are and IF they are Rich will definitely make an appearance somewhere.

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Feanor

I hope Alex Navarro is not in anymore bombcasts.  I'm getting really sick of the "LOL I WORK FOR HARMONIX, GUITAR HERO SUCKSSSSS". 

But I do like it when Gregg was on.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By keyhunter

Needs more Bob Coleco.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Trilogy

Personally, the bombcast is the closest thing to the old hotspot podcasts. It's practically the same people, which is awesome. Having Alex, Carrie, Greg,  or Rich on as guests more often would be great. The only people left at gamespot I would even care to hear again would be Ricardo Torres or Ryan McDonald.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

HotSpot 12-7-05 was their best episode far and away for my money. "Crime Life Gang Wars is the hottest game around, and you should check it out because it's the bombz!" It was excellent. And the whole thing with the Gizmondo, spread over a couple of episodes, culminating in that Swedish guy leaving on his yacht, was good as well. The HotSpot had a focused, visceral feel back then - I guess it was the Gallup who kept it on track. I stopped listening in dedicated fashion after he left.

MrPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MrPerfect

It would be awesome if this could happen but I doubt this could happen. 

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CenturionCajun

Makes me kind of sad I didn't get into the whole podcast thing until I got out of the Army early last year. I currently listen to every video game podcast that Gamespot, IGN and Giant Bomb put out and I have to agree The Hotspot is probably the worst. This isn't because of the format or anything but because of Tom McShea. Every time I hear his whiney voice I just want to jump through my Zune and punch him in the face. While I can understand the need to have someone on the opposite side of the argument he just takes things to the point where he pisses you off. Probably the only redeeming thing is listening to everyone else on the podcast get annoyed with him.

Also, on a semi-related note last fall when they layed off that Shanker guy was probably some of the only good news to come out of that huge purge they had. He was annoying on a whole nother level completely.

Sorry, I got off topic there.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By twenty0ne
@Feanor said:
" I hope Alex Navarro is not in anymore bombcasts.  I'm getting really sick of the "LOL I WORK FOR HARMONIX, GUITAR HERO SUCKSSSSS".  But I do like it when Gregg was on. "
Alex Navarro hater FTL.
Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Drebin_893
@twenty0ne said:
"
@Feanor said:
" I hope Alex Navarro is not in anymore bombcasts.  I'm getting really sick of the "LOL I WORK FOR HARMONIX, GUITAR HERO SUCKSSSSS".  But I do like it when Gregg was on. "
Alex Navarro hater FTL.
"
Hmm, I used to love him but he's biblically up himself now.
Cake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cake

Anyone else has a favorite HotSpot episode ? Never listened to them and would appreciate some suggestions

Skillface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Skillface
@Deathawk said:
" I'd like to see Carry guest on a bombcast, but I honestly don't see it happening, at this point. "

Boom! Your wish has been granted!

/disappears in a cloud of smoke
skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#31  Edited By skywing

no, it would never happen

Feanor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Feanor
@twenty0ne: can't help it, the guy annoys the hell out of me.