Any episodes where the guys discussed the election?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Howardian

I don't listen to the Bombcast often, I was wondering if the guys ever discussed the primaries or the election? At least as small talk before getting into game discussions?

And more importantly, does any of them have personal blogs/podcasts (where they post their thoughts for their followers to see) where they mentioned/discussed the election, especially anything Bernie-related?

I understand that they intentionally shy away from controversial political discourse, but my question still stands.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By innacces14

Their talk comes in short doses. It usually ranges from the completely neutral responses such as "it's your right to pick whoever you want" to "oh jeeeeez. What a shit storm". I don't blame them for keeping it that short. The Bombcast is a happy place to talk about more important things. With that in mind; are you a clumper, or a mummier?

alphasquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@howardian: Brad has occasionally done some tweeting about the election but other than that they all try to stay away from politics when possible.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Howardian

@howardian: Brad has occasionally done some tweeting about the election but other than that they all try to stay away from politics when possible.

They stay away from it on this website/bombcast because it's dedicated to video games yes, but do they also stay away from it on their own twitter accounts/personal blogs/etc? And do they have such blogs/personal accounts that I can check out?

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, not really. They'll post occasionally it seems that are shitting on/making fun of some of the terrible things going on in the election but they RARELY seem to do much around the election. For what it's worth I think it's mostly a Hillary house other than Jeff who seems to lean more libertarian. Maybe Vinny as well who against seems to be more moderate and maybe a touch libertarian (I remember him mentioning a minor argument he had about economic regulations with his wife way back in the day).

Personally I'm glad when they stay away from politics. IMO the area they are in tends to be incredibly vitriolically liberal, and most of the gaming press is as well. I think they are one of the more balanced crews out there and if they talked more about it it'd be in a really unpleasant context I think.

And totally useless. Look elsewhere for political analysts lol.

WheresDerrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WheresDerrick

I don't think they have really ever discussed politics, even back in 2008 and 2012 elections.

It is a really good stance to have I should add

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Yea, they try and stay out of it, but it's hard sometimes when you have an election with an ugly comb-over with legs running for office.

I'd love it if they had a separate election-cast or something, I bet Brad or Vinny or someone has cool things to say about it all. The bombcast should be kept pure.

an_ancient

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By an_ancient

There's only off-hand remarks. People on youtube are especially sensitive about that I found so please excuse me if I caution us not try to bring that to these forums.

That said, I get it, I live an ocean away and I can't look at my google feed and not see it clogged with the US election or Brexit. I swear to god that I once scrolling through it and thought I saw "Trump to release 1080TI" and had to do double take.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As interesting as it would be to hear their thoughts, they are good to stay out of it. It must actually be kinda difficult to not talk about some of the wild stuff at length so I respect them for that. For me, I like to have some things that don't meddle in the headlines so that I can escape all that bullshit if I need too.

Howardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For what it's worth I think it's mostly a Hillary house other than Jeff who seems to lean more libertarian. Maybe Vinny as well who against seems to be more moderate and maybe a touch libertarian (I remember him mentioning a minor argument he had about economic regulations with his wife way back in the day).

Has any of them ever mentioned Bernie Sanders in any way? You seem to be up to date and have a good memory!

By the way do they have non-Giant Bomb personal blogs/etc.. where they share their non-games thoughts, political or otherwise?

Look elsewhere for political analysts lol.

Heh I'm not look for analysis here, but I'm very curious about their political views, I've been watching their videos on occasion for many years and I'm simply curious if any of them ever supported Bernie.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The guys do a decent enough job keeping a well defined wall between their work life and and their home life. It is a healthy balance that serves the focus of the site, that being a personality driven one, better. Hot political takes do not serve the goal of entertaining their audience, so they shy away from it.

It leaks out on Twitter a little bit more as we get closer to Election Day; Brad and Vinny have been tweeting and re-tweeting anti-Trump sentiments here and there.

605Scorpion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@an_ancient: Yeah but what's the clock on that Trump 1080TI look like?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

If you are that curious about their political views and whether any of them ever supported some particular political candidate, you should reach out to them directly via PM, email, Twitter, Tumblr or something. I think this can be closed now since this is really only speculation related to their private lives.