#1 Edited by psylah (2162 posts) -

Right now, the Australia Beef continues to fester, but in the near future, will someone please string them together into a supercut?

I lack the skill, software and know-how to do this, but I have friends in Australia (who are not into podcasts) that I would love to have hear this discourse and give me input.

#2 Posted by GreggD (4482 posts) -

Australian Beef Hotline, your source for all the hot, nasty Australian beef you can handle...

#3 Posted by Thompson820 (410 posts) -

Melbourne was at one time named Batman, has a district called Batman and several streets named Batman. If that doesn't decide which city is better nothing will.

Seriously though, not a bad idea, as a Melburnian I really enjoy the Bombsquad partaking in our Melbourne-Sydney feud.

Fuck Canberra, not even Canberrans like Canberra.

#4 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

Oh it would be great if we could get the one session where they talk about Australians complaining about how much games cost and Jeff says "Your minimum wage is 16 dollars. So shut up."

#5 Posted by JordoST (2 posts) -

Man all the cities these people come from suck anyway.

Rural australia 4 lyfe.

#6 Edited by ShaggE (6348 posts) -

Australian beef? Nah, son. This here is a didgeri-duel.

#7 Posted by phampire (282 posts) -

Being an Aussie I find these parts especially entertaining. Especially when I hear how weird our cities sound in an American accent. For the record nobody likes Canberra.

#8 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

I prefer Mongolian Beef. Seriously though, the Australia stuff has gone on for a bit long. I don't really care about how the people in one Australian city feel about the people in another Australian city, much less about their choice of footwear.

#9 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

Is it the heat? The isolation? The lack of multiplayer servers? Attics full of koalas? Why are Aussies so pissed off?

#10 Posted by kagato (899 posts) -

My Dad moved to Warnambool a few years ago and my sister shortly after, seems they have both now become alcoholics since getting there (or thats the impression i get from their facebook feeds every week) so going by that maybe they are so angry all the time because they are always hungover? Or it could be a similar feud some scottish folk have with England or Australia and New Zealand....

#11 Edited by MarkR (41 posts) -

I've been putting this together over the past few weeks. Don't think I forgot any emails, if I did feel free to point it out. Will reupload it if more emails come in.

#12 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4932 posts) -
#13 Posted by AdequatelyPrepared (329 posts) -

My own desperate hope is that all this will talk will mean that the crew may possibly perhaps consider coming down for PAX Aus. A man can dream.

@thompson820 Agreed, fuck Canberra. There is nothing there, not even deadly spiders. Melbourne 4 lyf.

#14 Posted by Cramsy (1164 posts) -

My own desperate hope is that all this will talk will mean that the crew may possibly perhaps consider coming down for PAX Aus. A man can dream.

@thompson820 Agreed, fuck Canberra. There is nothing there, not even deadly spiders. Melbourne 4 lyf.

They were last time. Then obviously things changed and it wasn't possible. I'd be pissed if they did now because I don't live in Australia right now :(

#15 Posted by Thompson820 (410 posts) -

@markr: Oh man, I'd forgotten how delightful it is to hear Sydney described as a "dumb hole". Honestly I don't hate Sydney that much, I just know that Melbourne is better but MAN, "dumb hole" is just fantastic.

#16 Posted by HatKing (5844 posts) -

Some of the people who wrote those emails, I could see myself being friends with. Which is crazy, because apparently all Australians are violent and aggressive.

#17 Edited by MarkR (41 posts) -
#18 Edited by Rowr (5487 posts) -

west coast = best coast.

#19 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

This stuff is the best. Thanks.

#20 Posted by jszyarto (1 posts) -

all i can say is I love this topic its been making me laugh so hard

#21 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3062 posts) -

I honestly thought there'd be some pictures of some good old prime Aussie beef. Heavily disappointed and hungry.

#22 Posted by Pr1mus (3824 posts) -

This is the best ongoing email storyline in like ever. This needs to end in some sort of Australian battle royale.

#23 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10570 posts) -

Australian Beef is my new favorite segment of the Bombcast.

#24 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

MELBIN

#25 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

Man, the horror continues!

Gonna have to change the Bombcast's name to the SLAUGHTERHOUSE because there's so much BEEF GETTIN SERVED UP.

#26 Edited by goatmilk (181 posts) -

Oh man, I had been running behind on bombcasts but just caught up on this Australia beef thanks to this thread. Sent in an email setting shit straight about where the best place to live is. (It's out in the country)

#27 Edited by Waderman (6 posts) -

@rowr: west coast = best left alone coast

As soon as your mines are empty I can't see a reason why anyone would want to go there. Seriously, you're like a world away from the important part of Australia. At least over here we're only an hour away from each other.

#28 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11501 posts) -

Man, I guess we'd better put some steaks on the Barby because of how HOT this beef slinging has become. I love how it has also started encompassing areas of science and the various regions of Australia. All because of one man saying it was okay to wear "thongs" to work.

#29 Posted by Disaya (285 posts) -

@markr: Oh god this is beyond amazing, thanks for putting that together!

Did this happen over a couple bombcasts? I haven't listened in a while and I've missed so much apparently.

#30 Posted by MarkR (41 posts) -

@disaya I'd say this has been going on for at least a month.

Haven't had time to listen to this weeks bombcast but I'm gonna assume that there was some new material, so I'll probably be posting an updated version tomorrow.

#31 Posted by Rowr (5487 posts) -

@waderman said:

@rowr: west coast = best left alone coast

As soon as your mines are empty I can't see a reason why anyone would want to go there. Seriously, you're like a world away from the important part of Australia. At least over here we're only an hour away from each other.

Typical pretentious easty attitude!

#32 Posted by selbie (1848 posts) -

For Jeff's reference, Australian pronunciation always reduces anything possible to two syllables or less:

Melbourne: Mel-bun

Brisbane: Bris-bun

Canberra: Can-bra

Adelaide: Hole

#33 Posted by EXTomar (4524 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

This is the best ongoing email storyline in like ever. This needs to end in some sort of Australian battle royale.

Would it be appropriate to call it "Beyond The Thunderdome"?

#34 Posted by Nightriff (4930 posts) -

Next week on the beef cast should be interesting, we got scientists fighting and half of Oceania fighting with each other

#35 Posted by Novocaine (29 posts) -

@selbie said:

For Jeff's reference, Australian pronunciation always reduces anything possible to two syllables or less:

Melbourne: Mel-bun

Brisbane: Bris-bun

Canberra: Can-bra

Adelaide: Hole

Haha yeah, Jeff's pronunciation of Brisbane gave me a chuckle. It's pretty much par for the course though, very few non Australians get it "right".

Also who are these people that claim they wear thongs to work? I never see that in Melbourne. I also see a lot more people walking around bare foot than in thongs (I do it too sometimes depending). Not even in a scummy suburb either.

#36 Posted by MarkR (41 posts) -
#37 Posted by cooljammer00 (1571 posts) -

I like how the Youtube clips START with a reference to the previous episode. I guess it was the one where Jeff was gone and Will Smith was there, and they talked about Australia's minimum wage or something? I forgot how that led to thong talk.

#38 Edited by MaddenedMan (71 posts) -

I'm living in Canberra (previously various places in New Zealand, then the Gold Coast). Canberra's not too bad, although I wouldn't call it a city. It's a sensible place. (Don't forget, people may say that Canberrans are all politicians, but all the politicians live outside Canberra and come visit to reinstate knighthoods and such here).

I feel like I'm the only Australian who doesn't hate all the other Australian cities, but then I remember I'm a New Zealander (New Zealand is Australia's Canada.)

Also, not up to date with the bombcast, but the J in jandals stands for Japanese. As in Japanese Sandals.

#39 Posted by Thompson820 (410 posts) -

@maddenedman: Canberra is pretty much the perfect place in Australia for a New Zealander to live: It's boring, in the middle of nowhere and completely irrelevant.

I kid, I kid, New Zealand has legalized drugs.

#40 Edited by Rhonos (7 posts) -

Dammit, should've looked on here before I spent all night looking over the casts.

#41 Posted by givemesnacks (3 posts) -
#42 Posted by kristov_romanov (453 posts) -

Fuck you all, Canberra's fine.

#43 Posted by Gutterkisser (193 posts) -

Fuck you all, Canberra's fine.

Canberra is the punching bag for the unimaginative and slow of wit. It's always the same lazily conceived insults, and they do nothing but highlight the ignorance of the speaker.

(Canberra's fine).

#44 Posted by spyder335 (287 posts) -

hows townsville?

im moving there in a couple months

#45 Posted by Khann (2793 posts) -

hows townsville?

oof.

#46 Posted by OldGuy (1517 posts) -

@khann said:
@spyder335 said:

hows townsville?

oof.

Yep. I haven't been there but I work with a lot of Aussies (and a fair selection of [in descending order of population] Brits, Filipinos, USAers [yes, "America" is bigger than the USofA, I'm one of 'em], Scots, New Zealanders and a Singaporean) and I've not heard even one of them expressing desire to go back to Townsville again after having been there...

#47 Posted by Khann (2793 posts) -

It's a mining town. Lots of bogans with lots of money.