Blizzard Story Articles

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Tylea002

This week's Bombcast had a real interesting discussion about Heart Of The Swarm and the way Blizzard's stories have been going recently. Both Brad and Patrick brought up a couple of articles which I'd really love to read (Brad's was about the similarities to Warcraft 3, Patrick's was the one analysiing a general trend of specific points about how Games can be so high budgeted and stories so similar/bad), and after a bit of googling, I'm still no closer to finding them.

I'd ask on Yahoo answers but y'know. Does anyone know the articles they were talking about?

Also, on a wider note, the phrase "There was an article in..." or some variant thereof came up hells of times in the show, as it is wont to do, and this got me thinking that there should be a place people can go and find the articles referenced within a Bombcast. The gang are too busy to cite themselves, and fact checking ruins podcasting as we all know, but I feel we should club together and make a forum thread like that, so that anyone listening along can see what they're referencing.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Snail

Bumping this thread because I'm interested in those articles as well.

I also think that what you suggest in your last paragraph is a good idea, but it would probably require an organized community effort to make it happen. Creating a weekly thread, listing all articles mentioned in the Bombcast is an activity that is most likely bound to require some research, and not something many people would do idly.

SnakeLinkSonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Sometimes I have to take the specifics of what they say with a grain of salt. Did he emphasize that it was an article and not just a comprehensive forum post?

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Zirilius
psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By psylah

I spent hours on the internet trying to research these articles and, as usual, only ended up with pictures of naked ladies.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@psylah said:

I spent hours on the internet trying to research these articles and, as usual, only ended up with pictures of naked ladies.

the acronym for heart of the swarm is HOTS, not NSFW :)