• 98 results
#51 Posted by Drebin_893 (2909 posts) -

Haha, I really enjoyed that. Thanks OP.

#52 Posted by INCSlayer (37 posts) -

bat

#53 Posted by kalibr (120 posts) -

I dont know how these videos make the bombcrew even funnier but they do so keep up the great work!

#54 Posted by vikingdeath1 (953 posts) -

HiiiiiiiiiLarious! Keep em comin duder!!

#55 Posted by Zaccheus (1792 posts) -

It's incredible how much funnier this stuff gets with some visual shenanigans. Well done sir, well done.

#56 Posted by Fobwashed (1985 posts) -

My friend and I are planning on testing this out. He trains w/knives and. . . well, I've swung a bat. We're gonna test with me using a foam bat, and him using one of his practice knives prolly covered in paint so that we can determine where he sliced/stabbed me on my clothing.

Personally, I'd go with the bat unless the guy I'm up against seems to be big enough that bat swings would be ineffective. . . though at that point, I'm prolly gonna lose out regardless so my best chance would be to bum rush with my arm covering my head and stab stab stab. Otherwise, I feel like the close to 2 foot reach advantage over the blade + if I move to keep that range from closing should be enough.

If we can get it on video, we'll try. Either way, I'll report back once we try it out. Also, it may be some time before we can get together to do this because we've both got busy schedules and I gotta go buy a bat =P

#57 Posted by FunExplosions (5407 posts) -

This isn't even a question. Baseball bat. People underestimate the value of reach. Ever heard of Jon Jones?

#58 Posted by huser (1076 posts) -

I was hoping for a Golden Compass reference with the subtle knife line by Vinny, but I love these.

#59 Posted by DualFayte (128 posts) -

This is awesome. Thank you

#60 Posted by kalmia64 (74 posts) -

*claps*

#61 Posted by chrispti (214 posts) -

loved this.

#62 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Bat.

#63 Posted by Marokai (2899 posts) -

Is this the first animated excerpt to be featured on the Bombcast page that was actually made by a user and not just an intern with too much time on their hands? Congratulations, if so. I got tired of seeing the same old ones on the right of the page.

#64 Posted by BRYN (90 posts) -
@Marokai: I'm no intern, just a fan with knack for Photoshop and video editing. With the free time I have and the length of the video, it took a little less then two weeks to do in total. Also I'm not the first. The Giant Bomb Hot 97 Radio Ad video was before me, and I'm not sure if anyone was before that one...

Anyway, as for the next one:
I've been chipping at it steadily. But I don't want to be hammering these out too frequently or they'll lose their magic and I'll lose my sanity. So I'll be aiming for next weekish. I'll make up a playlist then so you guys wont have to sift through my other crappy videos.

Thanks still for the kind words guys.
#65 Posted by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Jeff's cat part is so sad and mean, but funny at the same time.

#66 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3855 posts) -

These are great. GREAT. Best use of the review cartoons in an animation so far.

#67 Posted by Alex (2036 posts) -

Good. Real good.

Staff
#68 Posted by cookblaze (5 posts) -

@BRYN: This is spectacular! Awesome stuff!

#69 Posted by Milkman (16661 posts) -

Holy shit, this is so good.

#70 Edited by mrburger (100 posts) -

You picked such a great dialog to animate. A+

#71 Posted by LordCrom (277 posts) -

Fu^king amazing! More, more, more:)

#72 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

That was great

#73 Posted by fusrodah (95 posts) -

So good. Almost made we wish I hadn't listened to that Bombcast originally so I could've enjoyed it more in video form.

#74 Posted by DrJota (700 posts) -

Let me cut straight to the point.

That was awesome.Would love to see more!

#75 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

@BRYN: Great work man! I love it. Throw in a few more like... shitty google pictures of stuff in the next video you make. Though the photoshoppness of the pictures of the Bombers is excellent. Well done.

#76 Posted by BRYN (90 posts) -
@Alex: Thank you sir! Thanks for the tweet too!

@fusrodah: With this excerpt, I was inspired to make it right after listening to it in the Bombcast. For future excerpts I'll try and go for moderately older ones.

@Kyreo: You know, I was so busy focusing on the characters I totally forgot to abuse Google for images! I'm still editing the next one so I'll see if there are any nice spots for some images. Thanks for the suggestion!
#77 Posted by MrWalker (10 posts) -

Fantastic job man!

#78 Posted by SpicyRichter (530 posts) -

What was the date for this podcast?

#79 Posted by The_Nubster (2096 posts) -

@SpicyRichter: 06-26-2012, it's in the title.

#80 Posted by razielrioux (126 posts) -

@BRYN:Duder, Fucking awesome! Well done indeed!!! I wonder if there is a soul brave enough to do an entire Bombcast in this format?

#81 Edited by Positrark (316 posts) -

Well done sir. I would love to see more of this. Just take your time though; a great video every now and then is much preferable to a mediocre one every week.

#82 Posted by DFSVegas (353 posts) -

I never get tired of Giant Bomb best of videos. Literally could watch them all day.

#83 Posted by HmmJustABox (25 posts) -

Very funny, man.

Please do more.

#84 Posted by mithical (307 posts) -

Great stuff! I really liked how you mixed up the character poses. I would love to watch another one.

#85 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

Best one of these I have ever seen. Great job dude.

#86 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Great job!

#87 Posted by BeanoFritz (55 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre: Oh, hey Jordan.

#88 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Was listening to that podcast without realizing it, then finally hit this part. Cannot listen without imagining your animation now. Congrats.

#89 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

Let me start off by saying these are awesome. I enjoyed both the ones you did immensely. Now I want to challenge you to do this with your own art. If you respond with "Im not that good at drawing." Then let me say this... You definitely have the creative eye it would take. It shows in the way that you place people, the size they are when they are talking, and the extra items you put into the videos. Drawing is 1% talent 99% patience. I don't know how many times I just draw a line over and over until I see one that works.

The drawings do not even need to be that great. They can be as crude as you want them to be. I just have seen a bunch of these with their review art and I believe you specifically can do a great one with original art. You clearly have the talent. Once again, these are great and keep it up. I hope you accept the challenge! Mwahahahaha! Maaaaahaaaaa!

#90 Posted by BRYN (90 posts) -
@Valames: I wouldn't say I'm bad at drawing, but I haven't really done it for a while. I know my way around Photoshop but I'm more of a manipulator then a creator...

I like doing it this way. Maybe it's because I like restriction a little bit? I don't know.
For me this is practice as well as giving back to the community. I want to do this sort of stuff as a job someday, and learning for me is easier when I'm doing.

I've already called on the help of papercut with his review styled Cartoon Patrick (he plans to do more too, which I'll utilize).
And there has already been a series of fully animated snippets from the Bombcast by Hirashin here: http://www.youtube.com/user/hirashin/videos
(you probably have already seen these, but this is more for ones who haven't).

I appreciate the comment though and hey, ANYTHING is possible! If they start to get stale for me I'll go for it. Call it an Animated Excerpt EX or whatever.
Also in the direction of ridiculous these seem to be heading, I probably have to whip up more custom work..

Thanks man!
PS: You draw good babies.
#91 Posted by mloco (26 posts) -

These are soooooooo AWSOME! I busted my gut. Now I've got gut all over my chair. How am I going to fix that? C'mon tell me mr. anim8tr man! How are you going to clean up all this gut!?!

:-)

Cheers,

marK

#92 Posted by AuthenticM (3715 posts) -

@BRYN: You should think of doing the email they got not too long ago, about a guy saying the bat was more effective. :)

#93 Posted by darkdragonmage99 (740 posts) -

a bat can easily break your spine

#94 Posted by Nation764 (117 posts) -

This question is straight forward and Jeff got it completely right. With the adrenaline pumping all you have to do is block the bat with your forearm if its aimed at your head and then start stabbing like that crazy robot cellmate of Fry's did in Futurama. Your forearm is like a steel pipe, it may break, but it will keep you conscious long enough to completely filet the other guy before he can bring the bat back to hit you again. If he aims at your knees or legs, if your close enough for him to hit you with a bat, you can get close enough to stab him even if one leg is barely functional. Once you start getting stabbed it is OVER.

#95 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

@Nation764 said:

This question is straight forward and Jeff got it completely right. With the adrenaline pumping all you have to do is block the bat with your forearm if its aimed at your head and then start stabbing like that crazy robot cellmate of Fry's did in Futurama. Your forearm is like a steel pipe, it may break, but it will keep you conscious long enough to completely filet the other guy before he can bring the bat back to hit you again. If he aims at your knees or legs, if your close enough for him to hit you with a bat, you can get close enough to stab him even if one leg is barely functional. Once you start getting stabbed it is OVER.

Adrenaline has nothing to do with it. A broken bone will fucking DROP you, because that's damage to your skeletal structure. You can (and people have) shrugged off stab wounds that aren't immediately lethal. Unless you're a psionic and can move yourself through other means, getting a knee crushed is going to floor you whether you feel it or not.

#96 Posted by Nation764 (117 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

@Nation764 said:

Adrenaline has nothing to do with it. A broken bone will fucking DROP you, because that's damage to your skeletal structure. You can (and people have) shrugged off stab wounds that aren't immediately lethal. Unless you're a psionic and can move yourself through other means, getting a knee crushed is going to floor you whether you feel it or not.

All of this is, of course, speculation and conjecture. That being said, I just spoke with a lady today who fell off her horse and completely broke her arm to where it was turned around backwards. She was still able to pick herself up, walk her and the horse back to the trailer, close it up, and then call 911. If she can do that, then I can stab you 10 or 20 times while you try to hit me again. Also, so much depends on the skill the person with the knife has. There is a big difference between your granny with a kitchen knife, and Chuck Norris with a fucking switchblade! The only way to decide this is to find two homeless guys and give one a bat and one a knife and see who wins. (JOKING!!!)

#97 Posted by pcguy2 (74 posts) -

epic ryan clip. RIP

#98 Posted by ElJosh (37 posts) -

this was my birthday bombcast, was a AMAZING way to enjoy my birthday last year, thanks for animating it...