#1 Posted by Nightriff (4857 posts) -

So this was one of the first Bombcasts I listened to (4th or 5th one) and I had no idea what the sound bite was. This was the Bombcast where emails could happen at random with the push of a button. Now that I'm listening to all of them and have reached this one I might as well ask WHAT was this sound bite? Who was it? What are they saying? Jeff certainly seems displeased with it so I'm assuming it is him but why is he disgusted with it? Is it from a video on the site that I could watch (guessing a Happy Hour)? Any information would be great.

#2 Posted by Gaff (1637 posts) -

I distinctly remember there being a certain button the guys pressed in some of the podcasts. Not sure if that was the soundbite that made them read emails though.

#3 Posted by Nightriff (4857 posts) -

@Gaff: Yup that's the sound bite but any history behind it that you are aware of?

#4 Posted by Gaff (1637 posts) -
@Nightriff I might be misremembering, but I think it was a TNT, StarCraft 2?

GG being a common farewell message in StarCraft and all.

Then again, this my brain trying to make sense of why I can remember this, instead of the years of edu
#5 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2472 posts) -

That button was definitely in either a TNT or a Happy Hour for one or two weeks, possibly both?

I forget which episode (episodes?) that it was in, though.

#6 Posted by RedRoach (1174 posts) -

GEEEEE GEEEEE

It has something to do with Starcraft and Brad.

#7 Edited by WEB_War4 (111 posts) -

http://www.ggbutton.com/ There's where you can buy it. It's the Starcraft end match farewell. I believe Rorie used it a lot. GG= Good Game

#8 Edited by AlwaysBeClothing (1443 posts) -

Brad was heavy into Starcraft (more than now if you can believe it) and Good Game is a common phrase to end games. They had acquired the button for some Happy Hour exhibition matches or possibly the Norm vs Brad match. If I recall that bombcast specifically, it was that Brad was not putting any effort into E-MAILS so Ryan wanted to make it so that e-mails could happen at any time. Whenever the button was pushed they answered an e-mail.

Jeff just hated the GG button because it was a one button soundboard gimmick. Also a parody of the Staples easy button campaign.

#9 Posted by ajamafalous (11793 posts) -

IIRC it was Will that was way into it.

#10 Posted by cooljammer00 (1490 posts) -

My GG button is actually broken. It just goes "GUH GUH" or something.

Kinda feel like I wasted my money.

#11 Posted by crazyleaves (635 posts) -
@AlwaysBeClothing

Brad was heavy into Starcraft (more than now if you can believe it) and Good Game is a common phrase to end games. They had acquired the button for some Happy Hour exhibition matches or possibly the Norm vs Brad match. If I recall that bombcast specifically, it was that Brad was not putting any effort into E-MAILS so Ryan wanted to make it so that e-mails could happen at any time. Whenever the button was pushed they answered an e-mail.

Jeff just hated the GG button because it was a one button soundboard gimmick. Also a parody of the Staples easy button campaign.

Goddamn, you writing a book or what?
#12 Posted by AlwaysBeClothing (1443 posts) -

@crazyleaves: The sad part is I probably could write a few chapters in a biography of Giant Bomb.

#13 Posted by Nightriff (4857 posts) -

@crazyleaves said:

@AlwaysBeClothing

Goddamn, you writing a book or what?

A book of GB would be great for people to catch up and understand a lot about the site. Took me a year to really figure out things around here.