• 53 results
Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

A few of you wanted to hear my take on the Bombcast break theme. It took me a few days to figure out how I wanted to approach such a fine composition.

I changed the oom-pah tone the music had into a kind of daydream sound so that it would work for the upcoming indie film about 4 guys in Sausalito who get sent to bed without any supper and soon find themselves whisked away to a magical dreamland of fun and adventure.

Download MP3: THA - Bombcastbreak.mp3
#1 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

A few of you wanted to hear my take on the Bombcast break theme. It took me a few days to figure out how I wanted to approach such a fine composition.

I changed the oom-pah tone the music had into a kind of daydream sound so that it would work for the upcoming indie film about 4 guys in Sausalito who get sent to bed without any supper and soon find themselves whisked away to a magical dreamland of fun and adventure.

Download MP3: THA - Bombcastbreak.mp3
#2 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

Sounds cool.

#3 Posted by Bucketdeth (8003 posts) -

That was fucking awesome man, I loved the feel and atmosphere of it, reminded me of Paper Mario for some reason.

#4 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

I feel asleep.

#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

that was great. 

#6 Posted by Teptom (2047 posts) -

You've done it again. 

That was great.

#7 Posted by okuzy (137 posts) -

made me forget what this was based on, awesome atmospheric piece

#8 Posted by Creamypies (4044 posts) -

Man that was awesome! I hope Ryan sees this!

#9 Posted by CommodoreGroovy (548 posts) -

It doesn't stray too far from the original melody, however it does take risks in the way you did the arrangement. Its also very catchy, very much like the original. I especially like the build-up sequence, kind of gives it more charm.  Excellent job!    

#10 Posted by P4KO (93 posts) -

Great job dude!! 
You have skills in music

#11 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

i sometimes listen to the bombcast when im in bed so this break theme is perfect

#12 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Maybe it's just me, but i get a Sims vibe from it.  Great work though.

#13 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:
" that was great.  "
#14 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

Hey man nice work, yes I do get a Sims vibe!

Never to actually be used though, this and the version they use are FAR too long. Thing should be 5-10 seconds at the most, I don't need a passage of time to pass between breaks.

#15 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Sounds good, but not gonna lie lacks the awesomeness of the original.

#16 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Reminds me of Sims 2. Nice tune though.

#17 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

That was really good, but only one small critique if I may?

I always envisioned the end of that song with a stronger finish, I was totally expecting it with your song as was let down at the end. Not to say that the choice you made was a bad one, far from it. It was a really nice dreamy take on it. I wish I could create such art and show you what I mean, but your talent far exceeds mine. Great work.

#18 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -
Thanks, everyone! :)

@Steve_C said:

" I feel asleep. "

Uh oh! The truck have started to move!

@Valames said:

" That was really good, but only one small critique if I may?  I always envisioned the end of that song with a stronger finish, I was totally expecting it with your song as was let down at the end. Not to say that the choice you made was a bad one, far from it. It was a really nice dreamy take on it. I wish I could create such art and show you what I mean, but your talent far exceeds mine. Great work. "

I think I get what you mean by a stronger finish. Build it up more, kind of like my version of the opening theme, right? I fussed around with the ending in this for a long time. The way the original theme just ends is a bit abrupt, so I wanted to soften it a bit so it would just flow into the next segment.

Oh, I also thought about going all out indie rock on it too. There were distorted guitars and drums in the music at one point. That's also where the bass guitar came from. I might still go that route if I get the itch to make an extended version of it or something. :P
#19 Posted by Valames (726 posts) -

Yeah I would like to hear an extended version of it. It is by far my favorite segment song on the podcast.

#20 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -

Another awesome job. 

You should compose a Giant Bomb symphony 

#21 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -
@Hamst3r: Hehe, it sounded like a lullaby you'd play to a baby in it's cot, minus some of the extra instrumentation. Relaxing.
#22 Edited by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Your bombcast theme was awesome, but this break music was something else. IT'S FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!! It is the best thing in the history of the world ever. It is awesome beyond belief. I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words cannot describe how incredibly amazingly fantastically brilliantly superbly blazingly breathtakingly magnificently overwhelmingly excellently fabulously phenomenally spectacularly stupendously terrifically sensationally staggeringly exceptionally wonderfully mind-blowingly awesome that was.

#23 Posted by Arcavial (28 posts) -

Gotta say, this wasn't anything that I was expecting. Also, I agree with the majority here, pure awesomeness.

#24 Posted by CactusWolf (539 posts) -

Excellent.

#25 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Love it! Kind of a wierd start but it totally worked.

#26 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Awesome take on the original version.

#27 Posted by Nock (226 posts) -

That's bad ass, you should remix the other "music"

#28 Posted by c_rakestraw (818 posts) -

Sounds great. Nice job.

#29 Posted by PeasForFees (2408 posts) -
@Nock said:
" That's bad ass, you should remix the other "music" "
He has over 200 pieces
#30 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Another awesome mix!

#31 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -
@Nock: You mean like bombcast intro/outro theme? Like he did here?
#32 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

That was just fantastic!

#33 Posted by buzz_clik (6891 posts) -

Oooh, whimsy for the win! Nice work as usual, matey peep.

#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7025 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:

Dude you got some talent, make sure the staff see's this. Keep it up!
#35 Edited by Brendan (7663 posts) -

'm so glad  that I saw other posts that noticed how much it reminded them of the Sims 2, because that's immediately what came to my mind.  Anyways, awesome job man, I listened to it more than once. 

Edit: Actually, I would be so down for an expanded version, because I definitely want more of that.
#36 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -

Thanks everyone, glad you all like it. :)

#37 Posted by AardvarkBarber (61 posts) -

This music, especially the end, really reminds me of the movie Spirited Away.

#38 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -

Damn, that was really nice. :D

#39 Posted by Bubahula (2197 posts) -

soo sooothing
#40 Posted by wafflestomp (247 posts) -

Good job, Duder! You are doing some cool stuff with my tunes. I like the sleepytime take on it a lot.   

Cheers, 
Phil

#41 Posted by RipTheVeins (1544 posts) -

What's this? Is this happiness?!

#42 Posted by Hamst3r (4435 posts) -
@wafflestomp said:
" Good job, Duder! You are doing some cool stuff with my tunes. I like the sleepytime take on it a lot.    Cheers, Phil "

Thanks. :D

btw, are the original tracks available as mp3s in a higher quality than on the videos and podcast?
#43 Posted by brocool (701 posts) -

Cute!

#44 Posted by Laksa (240 posts) -

Good job sir. This is now my ring tone.  +1

#45 Posted by Cramsy (1163 posts) -

Yeah, thats really amazing

#46 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Nice work! Who knows the GB staff might get wind of this and use it.

#47 Posted by ch3burashka (4991 posts) -

Wow. I imagine Vinny waking up, seeing Brad next to him. He smiles and says, "Hey there Sunshine...". Then Brad wakes up and screams, "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!".

#48 Posted by Bevinsky (177 posts) -

This is so The Sims-y and wonderful, they have to start using your remixes in their videos an the bombcast. Truly excellent.

#49 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Whee I'm a lil late to the party but no harm in bumping this! Awesome remix :D Bravo!

#50 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
"@Steve_C said:

" I feel asleep. "

Uh oh! The truck have started to move!"
Holy shit.  As if the remix wasn't good enough, this joke makes you the best poster ever.