• 51 results
#1 Posted by nohthink (1223 posts) -

So if you have the new iOS 6 and go to the Poscast app, you can see that Apple has organized Podcast by categories. Under the "Video Game" category, Bombcast is right there under the Rooster Teeth podcast. I know we would love to see them as the first podcast to be featured, but whatever, it is still great to see that Bombcrews are getting recognitions. I was gonna post a picture of it but I'm typing this on my phone and the forum does not support photo upload via phone(next website idea, Dave?). Anyway, just wanted to share the good news :)

#2 Posted by DharmaBum (1049 posts) -

What's a Rooster Teeth?

#3 Posted by AndrewB (7615 posts) -

I was actually surprised to hear it wasn't #1 already.

#4 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Glad we're finally above G4.

(now let's go and top the charts.)

#5 Posted by Milkman (16797 posts) -

Fuck Rooster Teeth.

#6 Posted by Cronus42 (275 posts) -

@AndrewB said:

The Rooster Teeth Podcast is from the guys who make the Red vs. Blue machinima among other things. Considering each episode of their shows gets well over a million views a week, yea bombcast is probably a distant second.

Also the RT podcast has hit #1 podcast on all of itunes once or twice now, and its always in the top 5, so there's that.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Fuck Rooster Teeth.

that's unsanitary

#8 Posted by LikeaSsur (1532 posts) -
@AndrewB

Giant Bomb doesn't really care as much as Rooster Teeth about making sure they're super popular.

Which is great, one of my pet peeves on every single podcast is near the end, I can predict a "Make sure to rate us 5 stars and leave a review!" segment. The Bombcast doesn't care about any of that, and I respect them for it.
#9 Posted by alternate (2706 posts) -

So was this why RT was talking shit at PAX?

#10 Posted by chilibean_3 (1642 posts) -

Be sure to rate them 5 stars over and over and vote for them as best podcast on random internet awards websites that are begging for traffic!

Never Forget NDX

#11 Posted by Hunter5024 (5684 posts) -

The part where Jeff was incredibly dismissive of Rooster Teeth was the second most entertaining part of the Pax Panel. Really I think the only way this can end is a street fight.

#12 Posted by DeF (4889 posts) -

@DharmaBum said:

What's a Rooster Teeth?

I was wondering that myself when that podcast was brought up during the PAX panel Q&A... Never ever heard a word about those dudes.

#13 Posted by NinjaBerd (221 posts) -

The Bombcast is now the only gaming podcast I listen to. I used to juggle three or four different podcasts a week, but GB's is just waaaay better.

#14 Posted by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

Professional shenanigans and audible sound quality goes a long way. I'm always surprised how fluctuating sound quality some other shows have.

Oh, also, the GB crew is simply the best, better than all the rest.

#15 Edited by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

Number one is the NintenDownload X-Press right?

#16 Posted by Kidavenger (3553 posts) -

I listened to rooster teeth for a few months, it used to be called drunkcast or something, it's boring and has nothing to do with video games, just a bunch of dudes talking about making their show, what flight they will be on tomorrow and how interesting their office is. They seriously never spoke one word about video games ever the entire time I listened to them, it's like the Mega 64 podcast with less video game content and zero funny.

#17 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1247 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Fuck Rooster Teeth.
#18 Posted by Bane122 (789 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

Wait, G4 was above the bombcast? Feedback slid a bit when Sessler stopped hosting it but it still wasn't a bad show with Herter in charge but wow, that's still pretty shocking.

#19 Posted by Bollard (5550 posts) -

Fuck that, Nintendownload X-Press was the most popular video games podcast when it was around.

YOU CAN'T STOP THE TRAIN, CHOO CHOO

#20 Posted by Wyld (278 posts) -

CHINA....DON'T....CARE

#21 Posted by Winsord (1226 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

I listened to rooster teeth for a few months, it used to be called drunkcast or something, it's boring and has nothing to do with video games, just a bunch of dudes talking about making their show, what flight they will be on tomorrow and how interesting their office is. They seriously never spoke one word about video games ever the entire time I listened to them, it's like the Mega 64 podcast with less video game content and zero funny.

I'm alright with the Drunktank, but yeah, it even being in the game genre is a joke. It's kind of like the intro to the Bombcast where the guys talk about random stuff, but instead of 15-20 minutes it's the entire podcast; ends up being pretty rare that they talk about any games, aside from like mentioning Halo 4 at their own convention.

I think more than anything, I mostly just surprised that a podcast that's usually three hours long is able to be so popular, but it hitting #2 is totally awesome.

#22 Posted by RazielCuts (2954 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

Fuck Rooster Teeth.

that's unsanitary

Yeah its how the whole Bird Flu thing got started.

#23 Posted by Wiseblood (645 posts) -

The Drunktank/Roosterteeth podcast was better when it was just the core RvB group. Now Geoff hasn't been on the podcast in ages and they're constantly switching in random employees of the company most of who I don't really care about.

#24 Posted by dungbootle (2457 posts) -

@alternate said:

So was this why RT was talking shit at PAX?

This happened? That sounds hilarious

#25 Posted by JeanLuc (3584 posts) -

@Kidavenger said:

You do realize the bombcast does the same thing?

#26 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11739 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

Fuck that, Nintendownload X-Press was the most popular video games podcast when it was around.

That episode with Rick "The Ricker" Peterson is probably one of the greatest podcasts ever made.

#28 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@Bane122 said:

@Little_Socrates said:

Wait, G4 was above the bombcast? Feedback slid a bit when Sessler stopped hosting it but it still wasn't a bad show with Herter in charge but wow, that's still pretty shocking.

I actually haven't checked since Adam left, so maybe that did it in, but Sessler's version of the show was still above our boys IIRC.

#29 Posted by Demoskinos (14835 posts) -
@DharmaBum

What's a Rooster Teeth?

#30 Posted by evanbower (1211 posts) -

@NinjaBerd said:

The Bombcast is now the only gaming podcast I listen to. I used to juggle three or four different podcasts a week, but GB's is just waaaay better.

Same here. Oddly enough, the Bombcast was the last one I discovered, but it slowly knocked off every other gaming podcast from my iTunes list, as in comparison they became unlistenable. Sorry Retronauts, Rebel FM, and every IGN podcast.

#31 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

@LikeaSsur said:

one of my pet peeves on every single podcast is near the end, I can predict a "Make sure to rate us 5 stars and leave a review!" segment. The Bombcast doesn't care about any of that, and I respect them for it.

Me too, I fucking hate that shit. I'm already listening, fuck you if that isn't enough.

Also this is the first I'm hearing of Rooster Teeth, but then again I don't even use iTunes, I just download the podcast off the website. Fuck Apple.

#32 Posted by RE_Player1 (7560 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

FUCK YEAH DUDE!!! The Bombcast is just riding on the coattails of the NintenDownload X-Press by snatching up the host and signing him to an exclusive podcast agreement.

#33 Posted by Epidehl (292 posts) -

@Wiseblood said:

The Drunktank/Roosterteeth podcast was better when it was just the core RvB group. Now Geoff hasn't been on the podcast in ages and they're constantly switching in random employees of the company most of who I don't really care about.

This is pretty much how I feel too. All the Achievement Hunter people they have on (like Mike and Jack) are kind of awful. Also the ads at the beginning and middle annoy me way more than I thought they would.

Thankfully, I've got about 4 years of Bombcasts I've never listened to to replace it. That's been an... adventure so far.

#34 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -
@JeanLuc said:

@Kidavenger said:

You do realize the bombcast does the same thing?

I can only speak for myself, obviously, but to me it's a difference of the Bombcast crew are funny and entertaining and I actually want to hear about them and their personal lives, whereas the RT crew is pretty much the exact opposite.
#35 Posted by Bollard (5550 posts) -

@msavo said:

@Chavtheworld said:

FUCK YEAH DUDE!!! The Bombcast is just riding on the coattails of the NintenDownload X-Press by snatching up the host and signing him to an exclusive podcast agreement.

Fuck those guys.

@ArbitraryWater said:

@Chavtheworld said:

That episode with Rick "The Ricker" Peterson is probably one of the greatest podcasts ever made.

I did get some kind of perverse enjoyment of just listening to Jeff talk to himself and get increasingly depressed. He was so lonely.

#36 Posted by berniesbc (44 posts) -

You'll all be pleased to know that the Nintendownload Xpress is still holding strong in the 192 spot.

#37 Posted by Tofford (532 posts) -

I love roosterteeth and giantbomb but as far as I am concerned only one of those podcasts is gaming related. That's the only thing that really bothers me, I don't really care who gets the most listens.

#38 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

The RT podcast and what they do is awesome so I'm not surprised that they're at the top. The only problem is that they don't really talk about games that often and their gaming talk mostly just revolves around Microsoft(they made Red vs Blue which is a halo machinima that is very popular). I hope that they switch the category that they're in and be in the comedy category since that's what I listen to it for. People should give it a try.

#39 Posted by Akyho (1647 posts) -

So apparently Yogscast isnt on itunes then.

You learn something everyday...and Rooster Teeth is relevant today outside of Red vs Blue.

#40 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

@Chavtheworld said:

This ^

#41 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1370 posts) -

Rooster Teeth can eat a dick. Their podcast is all-right, but it's mostly shouting and insulting each other. It can be a pain to listen to grown men act like children and when they actually talk about games it's usually Halo.

As Jeff said during PAX, Giantbomb isn't about rallying the userbase to vote for a popularity contest, it's about original, worthwhile content. Rooster Teeth should stick to selling shit merchandise to Halo fans and advertising silly 'gamer' supplements on their podcast.

#42 Posted by Jolt92 (1551 posts) -

Popular stuff sxkz

#43 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

They still make that? CHRIST

#44 Posted by EuanDewar (4925 posts) -

The early Rooster Teeth stuff holds a place in my heart but man is it a clusterfuck of awful over there nowadays. It's like all the fuckin terrible memes on the internet gathered in one place. Also, everyone is a fuckin dick to each other which can be entertaining but not when it happens ALL THE TIME

#45 Posted by rachelepithet (1391 posts) -

We'd probably be #1 if more people properly subscribed via iTunes versus just playing on the webpage or right click save target as-ing.

#46 Posted by SeanFoster (868 posts) -

I had no idea Rooster Teeth was so big. Between the Bombcast and Weekend Confirmed I'm usually too video game'd out to listen to anything else.

#47 Posted by DukesT3 (1917 posts) -

Yay!

#48 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Actually surprised about all the hate toward Rooster Teeth. What difference does it make to any of us where the Bombcast is in the ratings. I thought you were better than this, guys.

#49 Posted by LKPOWER (156 posts) -

@Milkman said:

Fuck Rooster Teeth.

"You mean youtube.com/machinima"-JG

#50 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1439 posts) -

Well duh.