Bombcast Marathon?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

I am in the middle of a bombcast marathon, basically back in Janurary I downloaded every single podcast (Inlcuding APD) and I've been listning to them in order ever since. I'm in Febuary 2010 now and its getting closer to where I started listning, it's such a good acomplishment once its done, does anybody else fancy doing this? It's very interesting even though the game infomation is not relevant, but theres so many good memories! Bird nest drink? Xbox HD DVD Player drive competition, doing it in Jeffs living room, Brad and Vinny first appearing, Alex declining a place at Giant Bomb, Salt Sweedish candy and so many memes being created!  
So yeah, anybody else done this?

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Chirag4

Nahhh

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Wemibelle

Still in the process of doing it.  I've probably caught up to the point where I started listening to the podcast every week but I plan to finish out the year (2010) before I stop.  While it takes a LOT of time to do, it's a great experience.  It's pretty amazing how consistently funny the group is.
BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By BlackIrish05

I may do it at one point. Usually I only go back to see what they think of a game after I have beat it (ala I'm playing FAble 3 right now, so I'm listening to the podcasts)

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hizang

It's gotten to the point now where when I'm walking by myself or sitting at the table eating by myself I can't not be listning to the bombcast, I get in about 2 or so hours every day, and thats been for the last 6 months!

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By buft

When you hit E3 you still have around 20 hours to go

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
http://thisyearcollection.blogspot.com/ 

I personally am going through the best of The Hotspot and 1up Yours with "This Year". This guy is fantastic he has cut down 3 years of Hotspot into 3 eight hour casts that are so much fun! 

I recommend it to any Hotspot/Bombcast fan!!
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hizang

I plan to stop at the end of 2010, and then I might be so crazy and do it all again...

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Nekroskop

I listened to the Arrow pointing down-podcast and for about half a year of Giant Bombcasts after that one. Couldn't make it to 2009(the year I started listening)

Good jokes.

hellowerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hellowerd

I'm a new listener and am actually going backwards. Right now I'm in September 2009. It's interesting to hear them speculating about games that have since launched, especially because Jeff is usually correct in his predictions. The only thing that bugs me is they didn't explain why they changed the intro music. I think I like the old one better.

Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Tuggah

I've done it twice. During the summer last year I threw on a bombcast whenever I played a game.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#12  Edited By sjschmidt93

Lol, no. That sounds very time consuming. One listen is fine for me. 

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheUnsavedHero

When I lay down for bed or can't sleep, I'll select a random bombcast and close my eyes. Imagination takes over then.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Evilsbane

I did this but it was only a few months after they started so it wasn't that bad, now there are so many it would be crazy, ill stick with highlights.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By WickedCestus

I've done this, TWICE. I've also listened to every Hotspot (all the way back to 2005) three times. That was during the period in my life I like to call "not having a social life".

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By killroycantkill

This would probably be your ears after all of that bombcast.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By toowalrus

I remember doing it in Jeffs bedroom-

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By toowalrus

But seriously, I've been listening since day 1- though I did something similar to the HotSpot, and I'm glad I did.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RE_Player1

I listen to old podcasts all the time when I'm doing a receptive task at work or school. He'll yesterday I listened to the 03-03-2009 bombcast where Ryan was out and Jeff hosted.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Kyreo

@Hizang said:

I am in the middle of a bombcast marathon, basically back in Janurary I downloaded every single podcast (Inlcuding APD) and I've been listning to them in order ever since. I'm in Febuary 2010 now and its getting closer to where I started listning, it's such a good acomplishment once its done, does anybody else fancy doing this? It's very interesting even though the game infomation is not relevant, but theres so many good memories! Bird nest drink? Xbox HD DVD Player drive competition, doing it in Jeffs living room, Brad and Vinny first appearing, Alex declining a place at Giant Bomb, Salt Sweedish candy and so many memes being created!
So yeah, anybody else done this?

Not to brag... but I've done this about 3 times. My commute is a bitch. Or... was a bitch. I just listen for fun these days.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#21  Edited By Brendan

I can't imagine doing that, but only because I can't do much while listening to the Bombcast or I miss half of what they're saying. I listen to each podcast once with some Mahjong to keep my eyes and fingers occupied, but I couldn't find the time to listen to them again and actually listen.

KensterFox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#22  Edited By KensterFox

I've done this way too many times for it to not be embarrassing. And I just started another one.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

@Hizang: I started doing this about a month ago.I started from the very first bombcast (including the Arrow Pointing Down podcast) and I'm currently at 07/14/09 and having been listening to about 2-3 bombcast a day.

doomed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#24  Edited By doomed

Which bombcasts had these stories?
doing it in Jeffs living room
Alex declining a place at Giant Bomb

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#25  Edited By the8bitNacho

Each Bombcast is a marathon in and of itself. Honestly, I am always pretty fatigued of the experience by the end of each one, so I can't imagine entering into a proper marathon.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#26  Edited By matthew

@KensterFox said:

I've done this way too many times for it to not be embarrassing. And I just started another one.

This is why you're awesome.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By zero_

I think I've listened to most of them, probably not as early as APD, but I think I'll just listen to ZanzibarBreeze's Best of series on the Bombcast.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By Dany

I think it is safe to say I have listened to each bombcast twice but not in a marathon style. I ussually listen to the podcast 1-2 before next weeks and i go back to discussions of games of old games i've finally played

yorick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By yorick

I'm like 6 months behind on Bombcasts. I'm trying to catch up at the moment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hizang said:

I plan to stop at the end of 2010, and then I might be so crazy and do it all again...

For a minute I thought you had lost all sense of time and mistakenly believed that we are living in 2010. 
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deusx

I have been in Giant Bomb since the first day the website was released... I have listened to every podcast... but hey! I may do that again in a couple of months, I just need the time.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hizang
@Keenblaze said:
@Hizang said:

For a minute I thought you had lost all sense of time and mistakenly believed that we are living in 2010. 

I've been listning to so many old bombcasts as of late, I may aswell should be in 2010. I'm starting to get them mixed up aswell, they started talking about Game Room being announced and I'm like what there doing this again?
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By ThePickle

I'm listening/watching the E3 2010 Day 3 podcast.

I need help.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#34  Edited By c_rakestraw

I've thought about it, but then I realize that I haven't the time to listen to that many podcasts. I barely have enough time to keep up with current podcasts as is!

Kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By Kyle

@Hizang: I've been doing the same thing for the past year, only I started back on the Gamespot HotSpot podcast from 2005. Then once I got to December 2007 (when Jeff got fired and started work on Giant Bomb) I switched to the Bombcast. It was actually my third time listening through the HotSpot... and of course I had already heard all of the Bombcast... Yeah, I'm kind of a fan...

Currently at May 2009.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cornbredx

I did this when I first came to the site a couple years ago.

I agree, it's amazing.

On my next vacation when I have a ton of free time I may do it again- been thinking about it.