• 93 results
dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By dtat

I'm ok with the Bombcast guys disagreeing with the sentiment that the ending should be changed. It really gets under my skin that they're arguing against it when only Jeff has finished the game. I will be interested to hear their reactions once they have actually seen the ending.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

@CL60: All of those arguments are really, really bad.

"It's okay there was a Deus Ex Machina guys, it was in since the beginning!"

Yes, the beginning of the end of a trilogy. The perfect time to justify everything with space magic.

Man I thought that PA site was better than this, this isn't news. It's just a fan boy trying to justify terrible writing.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

@CL60: what does that have anything to do with... anything? That's not what he was talking about. He wasn't talking about Kuchera, he was talking about the bombcrew specifically

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By JasonR86

Hey, Guys, MASS EFFECT 3! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I can't wait till there is something else for people to overreact about.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Somebody should kill themselves and leave a note saying it was because of the ME3 ending, that would be funny.

zzzleepy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zzzleepy

@JasonR86: You and me both.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By dtat

@Animasta said:

@CL60: what does that have anything to do with... anything? That's not what he was talking about. He wasn't talking about Kuchera, he was talking about the bombcrew specifically

Thank for being the only one so far who is willing to actually have a discussion about this.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Animasta

if I had to guess, Vinny and maybe Brad might get angry about it, especially since Vinny does spend time in games reading codexes and what not, and Brad seemed super bummed about his shepard thing. Ryan won't give a shit and Patrick might like it because he's insane

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

I don't think they have to finish the game to come to the conclusion that it's a stupid idea, because it's a stupid idea to change the ending to an existing game no matter how bad it is.

NickL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NickL

They weren't talking about whether they liked the ending or not.

They were talking about how stupid and pointless it is to sign a petition to get it changed. I agree with them.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By benpack

I have not finished the game yet, but let me say this. There is literally no single way that game could end for me to want to change it. It could have all been a dream in an autistic kid's snowglobe for all I care. This is a work (of art?) that someone has put time into. You don't like the end of it? Sure! Go ahead! Don't like it! But to demand that they change it?! That's b to the s. Gamer's entitlement at it's worst. Now I'm leaving this thread because A) I don't want to be spoiled and B) I have to go talk with some Krogans.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Milkman

It doesn't matter what the ending is. That's not how things work. I've seen plenty of movies and video games and TV shows that have shitty endings. After which, I say "Wow, that ending was shitty." I DO NOT say "Wow, that ending was shitty. Now, change it so I can like it." Because that would make me an entitled prick who should fuck off.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By huser
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By apathylad

I don't have to play Mass Effect 3 to believe that the petition business is silly. Just like with any other medium, there's bound to be stupid endings to popular franchises. I liked the first two Spider-Man movies, but I'm going to start a campaign to have Sam Raimi reshoot the stuff I didn't like about the third film.

Kevin_Cogneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kevin_Cogneto

In fairness to the "change the ending" crowd, I think their sense of entitlement comes from the fact that there was five years of Mass Effect marketing that gave the impression that you would be able to have a huge influence on the outcome of the story, and I think that has gone a long way towards giving these people their sense of entitlement. But it's still no excuse, these people need to take a deep breath and move on with their lives.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By MetalBaofu

@NickL said:

They weren't talking about whether they liked the ending or not.

They were talking about how stupid and pointless it is to sign a petition to get it changed. I agree with them.

Yeah....that's pretty much what I think. I didn't really like the ending, but the idea of "changing" it is stupid and pointless.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JasonR86 said:

Agreed. 

For a game that is, for all intents and purposes, almost as good in every other category as the previous entry in the series (which itself is considered by many to be one of the paramount triumphs of the current generation of games), people are doing everything they can to stir this manic shitstorm. It's absurd.  

Internet. 
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Animasta

@Milkman said:

It doesn't matter what the ending is. That's not how things work. I've seen plenty of movies and video games and TV shows that have shitty endings. After which, I say "Wow, that ending was shitty." I DO NOT say "Wow, that ending was shitty. Now, change it so I can like it." Because that would make me an entitled prick who should fuck off.

maybe it was their fault for not having enough time and too much expectations, but by the time ME3 rolls around you probably want a valid ending to that story that you could have spent 180 dollars (or more if you are a crazy person who gets collectors editions) and ME3's ending does kind of ruin a lot of the earlier stuff and makes it not, essentially, matter. Like, there are endings that really ruin the buildup of the movie/book/game or whatever. Since this is also a series that spans 3 games, ME3's ending can totally put a bad taste in your mouth for all the previous games.

I think if you don't think that they were gonna put out a revamped ending anyway than you are a little naive, but as consumers, if you bought something you have the right to complain, or whatever. The petition is a dumb way to go about it but it's not like petitions really matter anyways.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

maybe it was their fault for not having enough time and too much expectations, but by the time ME3 rolls around you probably want a valid ending to that story that you could have spent 180 dollars (or more if you are a crazy person who gets collectors editions) and ME3's ending does kind of ruin a lot of the earlier stuff and makes it not, essentially, matter. Like, there are endings that really ruin the buildup of the movie/book/game or whatever. Since this is also a series that spans 3 games, ME3's ending can totally put a bad taste in your mouth for all the previous games.

I think if you don't think that they were gonna put out a revamped ending anyway than you are a little naive, but as consumers, if you bought something you have the right to complain, or whatever. The petition is a dumb way to go about it but it's not like petitions really matter anyways.

See. I disagree with this.  

As a consumer, you are paying for the right to experience the vision they've put in front of you. You don't pay for a stock of creative license with which to alter the game on a fundamental level.  

I could go further, with, like, examples and stuff, but I won't. I have a feeling it wouldn't convince you anyway.
nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By nohthink

@Dtat: I don't think they're disagreeing with "ending needs to be different" notion. They're saying they disagree with the people who are going crazy over the ending and signing the petition and what not. Jeff is the only one who said "I'm don't like the ending but this is crazy."

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lukeweizer

@JasonR86 said:

Completely agree. I'm so sick of hearing about this game, it makes me not even want to play it. I haven't played the game, but I agree that it shouldn't be changed. Just because that's how they made it, so they should stick with it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Milkman

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

You're absolutely right. You have the right to complain all you want. Complain until you can't complain anymore. You paid money to experience this series of games and if you hate how it ended, please let BioWare know.

However, like I said, you paid money to EXPERIENCE this series. You did not pay money to make this series. You are the consumer with the freedom of bitching. But being a consumer means you may "consume" the product but you do not decide the contents of what you "consume." That's not how this works.

Also, for the record, I haven't played Mass Effect 3 yet so no spoilers please.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By nightriff

@HistoryInRust said:

@JasonR86 said:

Agreed.

For a game that is, for all intents and purposes, almost as good in every other category as the previous entry in the series (which itself is considered by many to be one of the paramount triumphs of the current generation of games), people are doing everything they can to stir this manic shitstorm. It's absurd. Internet.

I completely disagree, I'm not going to petition for the game to be changed in anyway because that is just dumb. But it is not on the level of 1 or 2 and for them to say that a new player can jump in now is ridiculous. I devoured the first 2 games and I had no idea what was going on for the first couple hours. I told my brother before 3 came out to play all the games and upload your shep because the game will be more meaningful that way... I might just tell him to stop at 2 now because Shep from 3 was not the character I made in the previous 2 installments.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Milkman said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

You're absolutely right. You have the right to complain all you want. Complain until you can't complain anymore. You paid money to experience this series of games and if you hate how it ended, please let BioWare know.

However, like I said, you paid money to EXPERIENCE this series. You did not pay money to make this series. You are the consumer with the freedom of bitching. But being a consumer means you may "consume" the product but you do not decide the contents of what you "consume." That's not how this works.

Master Chief dies.
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Milkman

@HistoryInRust: FUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Milkman: Oops, I meant to put that in a spoiler tag.  

Just . . . you know . . . imagine there was a spoiler tag there.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Animasta

@HistoryInRust said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

See. I disagree with this.

As a consumer, you are paying for the right to experience the vision they've put in front of you. You don't pay for a stock of creative license with which to alter the game on a fundamental level. I could go further, with, like, examples and stuff, but I won't. I have a feeling it wouldn't convince you anyway.

well you wouldn't know unless you try. Don't be a lazy debater! I don't know the exact WORDING of the petition, and I'm not even really talking about the petition because online petititions are worthless. None the less, even if they're demanding a new ending, they can't fucking make it happen. They are essentially requesting a new ending, because that's all they can do. And why can't you ask them to change it? if you dislike it enough to make it ruin the entire ME fiction for you, something you could have spent a 100 hours in, why wouldn't you ask?

An example of this sort of... divisive ending, let's say, is FO3, and they changed the ending to make the DLC work. Now, I can't remember if broken steel was the first they added or what, but they changed their ending for DLC purposes. Why is that any more valid than doing it because a large amount of your fanbase hates it?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@HistoryInRust said:

@Milkman said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

Master Chief dies.
Err no. You must not have gotten the "True" Ending. He goes into Cryo sleep. When he wakes he removes his helm and we see he is really Slippy from star fox. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Laughing_Man said:
@HistoryInRust said:

@Milkman said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

Master Chief dies.
Err no. You must not have gotten the "True" Ending. He goes into Cryo sleep. When he wakes he removes his helm and we see he is really Slippy from star fox. 
I can't beat Veteran. I got stuck on Mile High Club.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Animasta

@HistoryInRust: bathroom guy is the final boss in mass effect 3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Animasta: Hey, easy. I put a lot of effort into being a lazy debater.
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@Animasta said:

if I had to guess, Vinny and maybe Brad might get angry about it, especially since Vinny does spend time in games reading codexes and what not, and Brad seemed super bummed about his shepard thing. Ryan won't give a shit and Patrick might like it because he's insane

I think this is exactly whats going to happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Animasta said:

Alright, seriously. Spoiler tags, people. This is getting out of control. 
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Animasta

@HistoryInRust said:

@Animasta said:

tango down to reaper one alpha

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By FengShuiGod

I found Mass Effect incredibly mediocre, and the ending was terrible, but I wouldn't want them to change it. Let it stand. Everyone asking for a change sounds like a kid on a playground yelling "BUH BUH BUH I WANT A DO-OVER!!!"

All you can do is tell everyone to avoid ME3 and say "Oh well." You can't just ask for something to be changed because it doesn't cater to your sensibilities. Besides, if you are going to demand change, I think there are things more in need of a redo. Like Grown-Ups. That sucked. When are they going to change that? They could hire Paul Thomas Anderson, Charlie Kaufman, and Steven Spielberg to rework the material and replace that Joe Dirt guy, Chris Rock, Kevin James, and Rob Schneider with Philip Seymour Hoffman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Morgan Freeman, and Clint Eastwood. That would be cool.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JasonR86

@Nightriff said:

@HistoryInRust said:

@JasonR86 said:

Agreed.

For a game that is, for all intents and purposes, almost as good in every other category as the previous entry in the series (which itself is considered by many to be one of the paramount triumphs of the current generation of games), people are doing everything they can to stir this manic shitstorm. It's absurd. Internet.

I completely disagree, I'm not going to petition for the game to be changed in anyway because that is just dumb. But it is not on the level of 1 or 2 and for them to say that a new player can jump in now is ridiculous. I devoured the first 2 games and I had no idea what was going on for the first couple hours. I told my brother before 3 came out to play all the games and upload your shep because the game will be more meaningful that way... I might just tell him to stop at 2 now because Shep from 3 was not the character I made in the previous 2 installments.

It's not so much whether the game is great, good, ok, not good, or shitty. Really it's the insane vitriol that seems to follow Bioware since...well, ME 2 for some people but mostly after Dragon Age 2. They are held to such incredible standards that every game that is not a masterpiece is an utter failure. And even when games are arguably a masterpiece (i.e. ME 2) some people will still complain. It's crazy making. What's worse of all is that, if I worked at Bioware I might become really cynical regarding my fans and not take their judgments and complaints seriously because, hey, they complain about everything anyway so we're damned if we do damned if we don't. The extreme ME 3 and overall Bioware hate is trying, obnoxious, and frankly not particularly deserved.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Slaker117

I don't like the ending of ME3. I would like it if the ending of ME3 was not what it was. I think signing a petition demanding Bioware change the ending is silly.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Animasta

@JasonR86: by this point, you either have extreme bioware sycophancy or you have extreme bioware hate. I think they're overrated but not terrible, but as trying as the extreme "bioware are the worst company" people are, the "bioware is amazing and I won't hear anything to the contrary <3 <3 <3" can often be just as trying.

overall bioware shouldn't listen to fans anyway, this is how DA2 gets created

(they certainly have the right to complain though!)

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JasonR86

@Slaker117 said:

I don't like the ending of ME3. I would like it if the ending of ME3 was not what it was. I think signing a petition demanding Bioware change the ending is silly.

I think the petition is the worst possible ending to ME 3.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By BrittonPeele

@GlenTennis said:

I have not finished the game yet, but let me say this. There is literally no single way that game could end for me to want to change it. It could have all been a dream in an autistic kid's snowglobe for all I care. This is a work (of art?) that someone has put time into. You don't like the end of it? Sure! Go ahead! Don't like it! But to demand that they change it?! That's b to the s. Gamer's entitlement at it's worst. Now I'm leaving this thread because A) I don't want to be spoiled and B) I have to go talk with some Krogans.

Yep. This.

I'm not going to demand the end of To Kill a Mockingbird is rewritten so things end happier, like I'd want them to. I'm not going to demand a new ending Se7en. I'm not going to demand a new ending to The Sopranos. I'm not going to demand a new ending to Mass Effect 3.

We're talking about a creative work, a narrative, that other people have created. They have let you have many choices within that narrative, because that was their choice, but it is not YOUR story. You do not deserve special treatment because you don't like the ending. You are 100% free to dislike it, absolutely. But you are not free to change it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JasonR86

@Animasta said:

@JasonR86: by this point, you either have extreme bioware sycophancy or you have extreme bioware hate. I think they're overrated but not terrible, but as trying as the extreme "bioware are the worst company" people are, the "bioware is amazing and I won't hear anything to the contrary <3 <3 <3" can often be just as trying.

overall bioware shouldn't listen to fans anyway, this is how DA2 gets created

(they certainly have the right to complain though!)

That's true, there certainly are the Bioware defenders. But, I guess because I only go on this forum and in my day to day life outside of the internet conversations like this are usually not had the 'defenders' seem to be either really quiet or few in number. But I know full well I'm in a vac um and their are clearly enough people who like Bioware due to their continued success.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Animasta

@Sargus: they're "demands" mean nothing though. Sure, using demand instead of request certainly gives them an air of entitlement, but they're "demands" are nothing more than requests, because that's all they can realistically do.

would using request instead of demand suddenly make it ok?

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BrittonPeele

@Animasta said:

@Sargus: they're "demands" mean nothing though. Sure, using demand instead of request certainly gives them an air of entitlement, but they're "demands" are nothing more than requests, because that's all they can realistically do.

No, it would just be a slightly more polite way of making a completely ridiculous wish. I'm not going to "request" the ending of To Kill a Mockingbird be changed. It's an idiotic notion. I completely understand the disappointment in the ending and the speaking out against it... But there are no do-overs.

It's funny... I wonder how many people who "request" a different ending to Mass Effect are the same people who throw huge fits every time Lucas changes something in Star Wars. He gets tons and tons of crap for even the smallest changes because it's well-known that you're not supposed to go back and tinker with an existing story. It's bad form and never works out well. Yet people want Bioware to rewrite the ending to the trilogy they've been building for years. It just makes no sense.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Animasta

@Sargus said:

@Animasta said:

No, it would just be a slightly more polite way of making a completely ridiculous wish. I'm not going to "request" the ending of To Kill a Mockingbird be changed. It's an idiotic notion. I completely understand the disappointment in the ending and the speaking out against it... But there are no do-overs.

It's funny... I wonder how many people who "request" a different ending to Mass Effect are the same people who throw huge fits every time Lucas changes something in Star Wars. He gets tons and tons of crap for even the smallest changes because it's well-known that you're not supposed to go back and tinker with an existing story. It's bad form and never works out well. Yet people want Bioware to rewrite the ending to the trilogy they've been building for years. It just makes no sense.

fallout 3's ending was a "do-over" actually! You know, the OTHER big western RPG developer?

and they want to rewrite it because they think it's garbage and it can be easily put back in, where a movie cannot.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By nightriff

@HistoryInRust said:

@Animasta said:

God damn that mother fucker took forever to kill, had to try like 200 times.@Slaker117 said:

This. Exactly how I feel. the petition is crazy and dumb and makes gamers, including me, look like an idiot. The game was a disappointment to me and thats that.

BrittonPeele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BrittonPeele

@Animasta said:

@Sargus said:

@Animasta said:

fallout 3's ending was a "do-over" actually! You know, the OTHER big western RPG developer?

and they want to rewrite it because they think it's garbage and it can be easily put back in, where a movie cannot.

Fallout 3's change was nowhere near as dramatic as what would have to be changed for ME3, though. Moreover, that change was driven much more for the desire to make the game have NO ending - I.E., make it open-ended to allow for more DLC. And if you ask me, they shouldn't have even done that.

And endings in movies can be changed, you just don't see it because it's a horrible idea. Again, look at Star Wars. The changed ending isn't as drastic as making characters who died live or anything, but Lucas changed the music for the end of RotJ, then put young Anakin as a ghost (which, narratively speaking, actually makes NO sense. If someone watches the original trilogy before the prequels, now, they're going to be confused because they have no idea who Hayden Christensen is. They've never seen him before). Those changes could be seen as "minor," yet nobody in their right mind thinks making those changes was a good idea. Lucas could have gone further and tacked on some new footage that hints at the Emperor having clones or something, thus giving a "new" ending, but that would be even worse.

But even with Star Wars, that's the creator of the story making changes to HIS story. That's a stupid idea, totally, but it would be even worse for fans to dictate what changes are made. It's not their story, it's his. It doesn't matter how much fans think the prequels are garbage - they don't have a right to either request or demand the prequels be changed. They can ignore them, sure. Whatever. But they will always exist.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Grelik

I talk about the ending of the game, but there are no specific spoilers in my post just FYI.

While I think that you shouldn't change the ending now nor would I sign a meaningless petition (though there are conspiracy theories how this isn't the real ending, and they're just waiting for the full world release or something completely with special audio on the disk showing different endings etc.) You can't be a fan of Mass Effect, having played through each game over the years (or multiple times), and not have felt completely cheated and blindsided by this ending. No one complains that it's a "sad" ending and want some happy rainbow filled fairy tale ending. The ending wasn't just bad as in poorly executed, it was just so completely wrong and not Mass Effect. Hell, even Shepherd stops being Shepherd and the final choices you have to make, are little more than a colour swap for the ending cinematic, and absolutely no closure or information in general is given on how any of your choices and actions affected the galaxy after the fact.

Bioware spent five years telling us how important our decisions would be to the story, and how it ended, and then in the last 10 minutes of the game say "Nah, sorry we changed our mind". This isn't a case of gamer entitlement, this is a case of gamers being promised one thing, and given another.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By huntad

Goodness, I wish another 'high-profile' game would come out already. Even though I liked the game, I'm so sick of seeing threads about it!

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WMWA

Change the ending or move on with your life?