• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Alyssia (331 posts) -

I created a 24 hour Bombcast Network on Mixlr! Got the idea while in Jeffs mixlr chat. http://mixlr.com/bombcast-rewind/ Come listen to bombcasts old and new on a 24 hour loop! Or don't :( Would like to know if people like this or not. If they do i'll keep it running.

Not dead please don't post things on my behalf. Working on cloud solutions.

#2 Posted by dudeglove (7900 posts) -

Actually pretty cool

#3 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5018 posts) -

That's a pretty awesome idea.

#4 Posted by FinalDasa (1792 posts) -

Nice!

Are these in order or random?

#5 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

I LIKE THIS.

#6 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

This is an incredibly, incredibly clever idea. I see myself using this a lot in the future. Fantastic job, OP.

#7 Posted by Novis (115 posts) -

Dude, what?! 24 hour podcasts! BANANAS!

But seriously, this is cool. Thanks, duder!

#8 Edited by 71Ranchero (2775 posts) -

neato

#9 Posted by crithon (3307 posts) -

I needed this!!!! Thank you.

#10 Edited by MB (12479 posts) -

@jennibelle: This is amazing, what a great idea!

@marino @zombiepie can you guys sort us out please? Home page / spotlight / smoke signals, the usual.

#11 Posted by Alyssia (331 posts) -

Thank you!

#12 Posted by MB (12479 posts) -

@jennibelle: Do you realize what you have gotten yourself into? You're going to have to maintain this for years. YEARS.

#13 Posted by Alyssia (331 posts) -

5 years of content to work with.. :o

#14 Posted by iceberg497 (30 posts) -

This is amazing!

#15 Edited by Humanity (9375 posts) -

@jennibelle: Man I woke up in the morning an early hour by accident so after getting dressed I naturally decided to take a nap. I'm lying there, get a notification that Jennibelle is broadcasting, I don't even remember following such a user so I pop it on - two guys talking about games. These guys aren't bad I think to myself through a sleepy morning haze. Then I realize wait a second, thats Jeff talking about just starting to play Dark Sector.. and thats.. Ryan??

It was such a surreal moment that I left for work in some weird twilight zone not knowing if I'm still asleep or not.

#16 Edited by ShaggE (6472 posts) -

It's always Tuesday now. This is the collapse of civilization people have been talking about lately.

#17 Posted by Slag (4450 posts) -
#18 Posted by hans_maulwurf (124 posts) -

That's great. Please keep it up.

#19 Posted by RazielCuts (2958 posts) -

Whoa weird, find this, turn it on and it's an Adam Sessler episode. A day after he announces he's leaving Rev3. Serendipity.

Sessler coming to GiantBomb confirmed.

#20 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

Whoa weird, find this, turn it on and it's an Adam Sessler episode. A day after he announces he's leaving Rev3. Serendipity.

Follow the money.

#21 Posted by Fattony12000 (7453 posts) -

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#22 Posted by Alyssia (331 posts) -

@humanity: You followed me during Jeff's E3 mixlr. I think you were my only follower until now :D

#23 Posted by Marino (4715 posts) -

@mb said:

@jennibelle: This is amazing, what a great idea!

@marino @zombiepie can you guys sort us out please? Home page / spotlight / smoke signals, the usual.

It is now on the front page of this here web site.

Staff
#24 Edited by helvetica (101 posts) -

This is awesome!

#25 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1799 posts) -

Yeah... I'm going to be using this fairly often...

#26 Edited by Maajin (1068 posts) -

That's awesome!

If you don't mind me asking, how are you doing this? Is your computer up all the time streaming? Did you upload the files somewhere?

#27 Posted by Jesus_Phish (870 posts) -

This is pretty cool! I'm new enough to the site and the bombcasts so I've been going back over the old ones. This'll certainly help by removing my need to click buttons!

#28 Posted by forteexe21 (384 posts) -

Only started listening to bombcasts at least 2 years ago so this is a good way to listen to the ones i havent heard of. Itll be interesting to randomly go into it and guess wtf they are talking about.

#29 Edited by Presant (3 posts) -

Just plain awesome, thanks for this!

#30 Posted by bemusedchunk (694 posts) -

This is perfect.

As someone who likes to "game" while listening to a podcast on the background, this is friggin AMAZING!!!

Also: the game is warcraft, :\

#31 Posted by Fear_the_Booboo (497 posts) -

Oh god, you just made my day-job way easier! Thanks internet person!

#32 Edited by DannyHibiki (161 posts) -
#33 Edited by RedCricketChase (444 posts) -

Wow, this is intensely coolballs. Thank yew.

#34 Posted by cfilipec (30 posts) -

BRAVO

#35 Posted by RetroVirus (1475 posts) -

Holy crap this is awesome.

#36 Edited by Nodima (1225 posts) -

So does this mean the station isn't broadcasting chronologically?

#37 Edited by Nightriff (5096 posts) -

Great idea but I'm pretty anal about listening to them in order and not skipping anything.

#38 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

@nodima said:

@razielcuts said:

Sessler was a guest at arrow pointing down once, if I'm not mistaken. (maybe GDC08?)

#39 Posted by noizy (669 posts) -

Thumbs up. This is what I've always wanted, a bunch of people listening to TV (or radio or podcast) and shouting at the TV at the same time. That's the power of the internet.

#40 Edited by therealtakeshi (7 posts) -

@jennibelle This is awesome, very well done! Jennibelle is credit to team.

And to all the new Mixlr peeps, I've created a Mixlr Toolkit that changes the theme and adds some features that are missing.

Find it here (Mixlr Toolkit). It's currently in active development, and I can usually be found in Jeff's mixlr chat. Talk to me for bug reports, feature requests, general bellyaching, etc.

Enjoy, duders!

#41 Posted by Nodima (1225 posts) -

yeah, he must've been because right now they're hot into brain lasers and taurine addiction with no other voices in site. Just two giant men obsessing over caffienation.

This is reminding me that I think when I was first going back to old podcasts I'd missed, I skipped ahead to whenever they brought Brad and Vinny in to tease their joining the site.

#42 Posted by RazielCuts (2958 posts) -

@nodima said:

@razielcuts said:

Sessler was a guest at arrow pointing down once, if I'm not mistaken. (maybe GDC08?)

The one I happened on Patrick was there too so must've been '11+? I think it was after Adam left G4 and we didn't know where he was going at that point, think he guested on a few different sites podcasts in that period.

#43 Posted by Nodima (1225 posts) -

@winternet said:

@nodima said:

@razielcuts said:

The one I happened on Patrick was there too so must've been '11+? I think it was after Adam left G4 and we didn't know where he was going at that point, think he guested on a few different sites podcasts in that period.

listened to it just last night given the news: http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/giant-bombcast-05-08-2012/1600-306/

#44 Edited by RazielCuts (2958 posts) -

@nodima: Ha, 'Unemployment enthusiast.'

#45 Edited by RazielCuts (2958 posts) -

@jennibelle: Also just to say, great job. I think Jeff envisioned something like this with having like a Public Access 24 hour TV channel back in the day. As someone who is constantly on YouTube replaying the bombcast 'hits' this is something I will definitely use.

#46 Posted by Common_Moniker (22 posts) -

After reading the thread the other day about a constant chat streaming old Bombcasts it was super insane to see that this is now a reality.

Awesome @jennibelle

#47 Posted by mosespippy (4204 posts) -

This needs to be done in a You Are Listening To style website. But would the bombcast replace the music part or the police scanner part?

#48 Posted by GnomeonFire (750 posts) -

My new go to when I have nothing to listen to (which is often) bookmark, this is great @jennibelle

#49 Edited by Kaiserreich (703 posts) -

This is perfect!

#50 Posted by Winternet (8021 posts) -

@winternet said:

@nodima said:

@razielcuts said:

Patrick was also on a GDC (or E3?) bombcast before being hired, but it wasn't in 08, so yeah it isn't chronological. (unless the stream has been going longer than I thought)