• 75 results
#1 Edited by Rustafur (95 posts) -

http://mixlr.com/bombcast-rewind-revengeance--2/

I'd like to invite everyone to tune-in to Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance, a new mixlr station dedicated to broadcasting episodes of the Giant Bombcast 24/7. Episodes will be played randomly out of the entire catalog of Bombcast episodes (yes, including Arrow Pointing Down).

Follow us on Twitter

Follow @BRRevengeance to get tweets containing track title information. Handy because there's no way to do display track information in Mixlr.

Want to contribute?

If you would like to contribute to this little project, I would love to get some good looking original artwork up for the album art, and also the avatar for the stream.

Community Credits

@th3irdeye - Stream name

@jennibelle - Original idea of having a 24/7 Bombcast stream

#2 Posted by 1momosauky (212 posts) -

So do these keep going down?

#3 Posted by Rustafur (95 posts) -

Unfortunately, it seems that the original stream has suffered from stability issues. This one won't. Currently, I have a dedicated box setup for streaming, and if the popularity of this maintains I plan on upgrading to a VPS to help ensure stability and up-time.

#4 Posted by 1momosauky (212 posts) -

awesome dude

#5 Posted by Th3irdEye (261 posts) -

I made the second stream that started a couple of days ago. @rustafur offered a more stable hosting environment so I agreed to relinquish streaming duties to him. Unfortunatly the original stream has remained down so we good citizens will carry it on. My stream is currently still up. After a brief period of advertisement for the new stream I'll be taking it down. After this point everything should be relatively stable. Sorry for all the bouncing around on this project everyone!

#6 Posted by Itwongo (1235 posts) -

Looks like someone beat you to it with Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance.

http://mixlr.com/bombcast-rewind-revengeance/

On the plus side, I can play both at the use time and have DUELING BOMBCASTS

#7 Posted by csl316 (9263 posts) -

They're talking about an island full of men with bad intentions.

Bombcast used to be different, man.

#8 Posted by brokemonkey (14 posts) -

I like the "Shuffle" part, so how about "Super Bomb Shuffle?"

#10 Edited by Th3irdEye (261 posts) -

@itwongo: That's my stream. I'll be taking it down in favor of this one soon. We already discussed the situation and have agreed that @rustafur offers a more stable hosting environment.

#11 Posted by Pr1mus (3959 posts) -

Hey whichever can stay up and running is fine by me but the title should totally stay bombcast revengeance!

#12 Posted by Buneroid (428 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

Hey whichever can stay up and running is fine by me but the title should totally stay bombcast revengeance!

Agreed Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance is a real keeper.

#14 Posted by Th3irdEye (261 posts) -

I can change the name on my mixlr profile and @rustafur will be able to pick it up if everyone wants that.

#15 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (534 posts) -
@buneroid said:

@pr1mus said:

Agreed Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance is a real keeper.

My vote lies here as well!

#16 Posted by Itwongo (1235 posts) -
#17 Posted by Rustafur (95 posts) -

Bombcast Rewind: Revengeance is going to be hard to be, for sure. But, since I won't be able to get my hands on my streaming box for another 12hrs or to make the changes anyway, I'm open to any other good ideas until then. We'll get this all sorted out by the weekend so all the duders can gather 'round to a single stream.

#18 Posted by Oni (2109 posts) -

But will this one have really fucking shitty musical interludes?

If not, NO SALE SIR.

#19 Posted by Rustafur (95 posts) -

Sorry @oni no musical interludes of that sort on this stream. It will pretty much be pure bombcast.

#20 Posted by Rustafur (95 posts) -

I'm aware that the stream is down, sorry for the inconvenience everyone. I'm guessing this is due to a security patch-related reboot of the box I'm hosting this on. I will get the stream back up and going as soon as I get home from work, which should be around 5pm CST.

#21 Edited by MB (12935 posts) -

Needs more anime music interludes.

not really, this is perfect

#22 Edited by Sackmanjones (4785 posts) -

This is such a cool thing.

#23 Posted by DorkyMohr (184 posts) -

Listened to a bunch so far. Glad this concept is still being improved on.

#24 Posted by MikeLemmer (584 posts) -

It seems to be the way these things go: someone comes up with the initial idea, does it for a bit, then drops it for someone else to pick up the ball and run with it. Same thing happened with VGCW.

#25 Posted by RuthLoose (829 posts) -

I landed on the infamous Flower debate between Vinny and Brad. Today is a good day.

#26 Posted by FLStyle (4842 posts) -

I'm going to give this a go several times next week and see where I land.

#27 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Add Jeff's NDX episodes to the playlist if they are not already. :D

#28 Posted by Buckydude (29 posts) -

This is incredible. I've been looking to get a little more bombcast in my life. I clicked because I just played Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and had been thinking about listening to the podcast discussion of it again. This thread and idea are such a nice surprise, thanks for producing it!

#33 Posted by Sinusoidal (1743 posts) -

What game are they talking about?!?!? ARRGGGH!!!

#34 Posted by MachoFantastico (4863 posts) -

Awesome, thanks duder.

#35 Edited by Rem (12 posts) -

Had this playing most of the weekend. It's been great.

#36 Posted by smokeyd123 (332 posts) -

@mb: The other one had anime music? I only ever heard strange alt rock.

#37 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3511 posts) -

Awesome. Kings of Kings you duders are.

#38 Posted by Walreese55 (508 posts) -

This is fantastic my dude

#39 Edited by Rustafur (95 posts) -

Thanks for tuning in, everyone! I'm really glad that so many people are enjoying it. So long as I've got an internet connection, and someone's listening, we'll keep this train-a-rollin'!

#40 Posted by MB (12935 posts) -

@csl316 said:

They're talking about an island full of men with bad intentions.

Great Britain?

#41 Posted by MB (12935 posts) -

@edgework This is that thing we were talking about earlier

#43 Posted by headshot2391 (53 posts) -

this is a great idea, now I wish I had an iphone, the android app is still on the way

#44 Edited by Snail (8648 posts) -
@rustafur said:

Unfortunately, it seems that the original stream has suffered from stability issues. This one won't. Currently, I have a dedicated box setup for streaming, and if the popularity of this maintains I plan on upgrading to a VPS to help ensure stability and up-time.

You get a mighty thumbs-up duder. And an assertive nod of approval. And an amicable wink of the eye, complete with pursing of the lips. The whole shebangabang.

#45 Posted by ThunderSlash (1909 posts) -

Nice! And it also seems like the original is still going. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO LISTEN TO BOTH OF THESE AT ONCE?! I actually did that today, shit's weird.

#46 Posted by Liquid_Flood (30 posts) -

Awesome... thanks for this.

Any way to know what date the bombcast is if you jump in on the middle?

#47 Posted by tpundsack (12 posts) -

This is very wonderful!

#48 Posted by mjbrune (91 posts) -

I love being able to just tune to a bombcast. I was going to make a better variation of mixlr as their interface kind of sucks. Let me know if you need a serious web dev. I'm wanting a side project. Also I'm a game developer as well do if anyone has a game project they need a C#/C++ dev let me know.

#49 Posted by Rustafur (95 posts) -

Thanks for the interest @mjbrune PM sent!

#50 Edited by DeadpanCakes (1042 posts) -

I think my favorite part about listening to these is jumping in on a whim and seeing how long it takes for me to guess the year and what game they're talking about...

..Of course, it seems like they're only ever talking about video games half of the time I pop in. The other half has mostly been food talk.

Also, the other day, I popped in and they were talking about P4 around the time the Endurance Run ended. It nearly brought a tear to my eye hearing them all humming their renditions of A Corner of Memories.