#1 Posted by MocBucket62 (1146 posts) -

Hey don't know if anyone heard, but the Giant Bombcast just got nominated for the Podcast awards for best gaming podcast. Here's a link to the award nominations 

What do you think the chances are for GB to win the award? I noticed Rooster Teeth is up for both gaming and people's choice, so I hope Rooster Teeth's people's choice nomination doesn't eliminate GB's chances of winning the gaming award. But anyways, best of luck to the Bombcast and hope they win it! Wonder if anyone will be sent over to the award accept the award if GB wins.

#2 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4592 posts) -

so do we Brrap the Vote?

EDIT: Never mind. Thought this was some internet voting kind of award. That said, I doubt anyone from Giant Bomb would go to Vegas solely to pick up an award. Unless they got Kessler back as an intern. So yeah, Rooster Teeth probably wins both choices.

#3 Posted by SeanFoster (855 posts) -

What's a Rooster Teeth?

#4 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@SeanFoster said:

What's a Rooster Teeth?

A gaming podcast that is waaaayy more popular than the bombcast for some inexplicable reason.

#5 Posted by Superfriend (1526 posts) -

Hell yeah! Even though they are not as absolutely awesome as they sometimes used to be, this is still the best gaming podcast evarrr. They got my vote!

Ugh, I guess it´s up to some board of judges... meh.

#6 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

It''s going to be a hard fought war but we will get the them the peoples choice award they deserve, Chris with the white car will not be forgotten! GB Team assemble!

#7 Posted by OldGuy (1511 posts) -

Since Idle Thumbs is not on their list it is, by default, invalid (IMvHO)...

But, good luck to the Bombcast crew anyway...

#8 Posted by Pie (7053 posts) -

Oh man the winners get a £40 discount code for some website!

I must be badly reading that wrong

#9 Posted by NegativeCero (2975 posts) -

Don't they get nominated for the podcast every year? Feels like it, at least.

#10 Posted by jscro (35 posts) -

I've never been a fan of Rooster Teeth. I listen to quite a few gaming podcasts but I can't bring myself to put that one in my regular rotation. I'll check out a few of the others listed but of the nominees I recognize, Bombcast is my favorite. I think that and Rooster Teeth are the most popular on the list so they both have a fair shot. Indoor Kids is Nerdist Industries so they may also have a chance even though they've gotten further and further away from games during the meat of their shows.

#11 Posted by Kerned (1169 posts) -

It looks like This is Only a Test got a nomination for Best Tech Podcast. Go Will and Norm! (Not that any of this matters. What the fuck are the Podcast Awards?)

#12 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -
@OldGuy said:

How good is Idle Thumbs?
#13 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

MBMBAM and This is Only a Test are getting love too.

#14 Posted by Insectecutor (1177 posts) -

@BaneFireLord said:

@OldGuy said:

How good is Idle Thumbs?

Not as good as it was, but still good.

#15 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Two ex-Whiskey podcasts and two Max Fun podcasts? Yeah, seems about right!

For serious, though, does anyone actually use a top podcasts service? And if so, do they find new podcasts using it?

#16 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2210 posts) -

They don't need to win any awards to know that they are the best podcast for games with so much personality and humor that actually has me excited when they release a podcast over 3 hours.

#17 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (406 posts) -
#18 Posted by casper_ (901 posts) -

man i have trouble listening to the bombcast nowadays.

#19 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

The Rooster Teeth podcast use to be good. Now it's just overloaded with shitty, uninteresting and unfunny newcomers.

But anyway, internet awards? Podcast awards? Who gives a shit?

#20 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

@SeanFoster said:

What's a Rooster Teeth?

#21 Edited by MocBucket62 (1146 posts) -
@Kerned:An award show in Las Vegas that gives awards to websites that provide the best podcasts for whatever topic. Gaming, Movies, Sports, Education, Comedy, Science, you name it.  

I first heard about this from Spill.com, which is nominated for best movie podcast and that site definitely treats the awards with more love than Giantbomb. Then I looked up the awards and saw that GB was nominated. Just thought I could let the community know about this news.
#22 Posted by Fallen189 (4939 posts) -
@BaneFireLord said:
@OldGuy said:

How good is Idle Thumbs?
It got a bit too pretentious lately for my taste. The archives still have some gold...game...gold...blum. When it was Chris, Jake and Steve, that was when it was the best.
#23 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

This year the GB podcast wasn't as good as previous years.

#24 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

This Week in Tech isn't nominated on that site at all, so I can't recognize those awards as legitimate.

(Edit: Is it because Leo Laporte is hosting? ..... anyway TWiT is the best overall podcast around, and I think one of the shows / networks that really jump started podcasting....Giant Bomb is my #2, Rooster Teeth #3, The Instance #4

#25 Posted by GaspoweR (2793 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@SeanFoster said:

What's a Rooster Teeth?

A gaming podcast that is waaaayy more popular than the bombcast for some inexplicable reason.

That was a rhetorical question.

#26 Edited by leinad44 (503 posts) -

@phrosnite: I haven't noticed any big change in quality. Bombcast has always been the bombcast.

#27 Posted by Sterling (2067 posts) -

Call me old fashioned, but I only listen to one gaming podcast. And that is the bombcast. There is no other!

#28 Edited by GaspoweR (2793 posts) -

@oulzac said:

Call me old fashioned, but I only listen to one gaming podcast. And that is the bombcast. There is no other!

You should have said:

"I don't always listen to podcasts...but when I do, I prefer EL GIGANTE BOMBA-RADIO."

#29 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Also, This Is Only A Test is up for Technology podcast!

#30 Posted by FLStyle (4567 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

Also, This Is Only A Test is up for Technology podcast!

Well deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Good luck to them both.

#31 Posted by NMC2008 (1231 posts) -

I used to listen to Weekend Confirmed but haven't for months, now I only listen to the Bombcast.

#32 Posted by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

If anyone deserves winning a podcast award it most definitely and undeniably is the GB team! :D

#33 Posted by Sterling (2067 posts) -

@GaspoweR said:

@oulzac said:

You should have said:

"I don't always listen to podcasts...but when I do, I prefer EL GIGANTE BOMBA-RADIO."

I apologies for letting you, and everyone else down.

#34 Edited by ShaggE (6325 posts) -

I miss the days when internet awards consisted of little more than this:

Also, when is Giant Bomb going to be up for a CPotD? Or even a Top 500 pick from WebNow?

EDIT: Great, now I'm down the rabbit hole of looking at mid-90s websites.

#35 Posted by vikingdeath1 (928 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

@SeanFoster said:

What's a Rooster Teeth?

#36 Posted by solidwolf52 (300 posts) -

I don't mind the RT podcast, but it should not be considered a gaming pod. They rarely mention games, and when they do it's for no more than 5 minutes at a time.

#37 Posted by vegetashonor (565 posts) -

Also Tested is up for one in technology. Hope they win too.

#38 Edited by ExiledVip3r (79 posts) -

@solidwolf52 said:

I don't mind the RT podcast, but it should not be considered a gaming pod. They rarely mention games, and when they do it's for no more than 5 minutes at a time.

Agreed. I really like RT podcast, but the fact that it always gets considered as a gaming podcast in these things annoys me. It just takes away from the actual gaming podcasts.

#39 Posted by kristov_romanov (452 posts) -

Fingers crossed for GB and Tested. The deserve those vouchers. And the GLBT category has some creative titles.

#40 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

C'mon CBB!

#41 Posted by Butler (384 posts) -

I like my little bit of internet, Giantbomb and it's community, to exist outside of the internet and away from everyone else. I know this is an impossible task but I could give two shits about some other website. The Bombers know they are already awesome because of their evident passions for video games and tomfoolery. In my mind it doesn't need to be validated by any sort of competition.

In fact mentioning Giantbomb in comparison to any other website is a insult. There is only the Giantbomb, now comply.