#101 Posted by TehBuLL (614 posts) -

Brad nailed it! This was great to listen too. Conversation flowed seamlessly from information to bathroom humor and back again. I like the idea of different hosts all the time, but I feel like they wouldn't be the same if Jeff is in the room with them just because of the influence/pure persona he would put on them. Then again, Jeff has earned another day off a week for a couple months so maybe this could happen. I like Jeff and his input on the bombcast of course, but I think switching it up host wise would be great. Nothing against Jeff, and it isn't fair to him, but I have to judge all bombcast hosts against the original and Jeff doesn't have that. Keep trying until you find it. You won't, but it will at least be a fun ride.

#102 Posted by ShotgunLincoln (321 posts) -

I haven't listened to the bombcast yet and thought this was a "What would you guys think if" thread but now I am excited to listen to it. I could listen to a whole podcast of sleep Brad.

#103 Posted by AllThatBacon (570 posts) -

Not Brad's biggest fan, but I like the man and I will say he did a great job hosting.

Hater's gonna hate.

#104 Posted by Skillsne (18 posts) -

Just finished the podcast. I agree with the general sentiment in this thread and think Brad did a great job. I'd like to see him host one with a full crew.

#105 Posted by Geralt (334 posts) -

Maybe it's time for Jeff to retire and live peacefully now. Giantbomb is in good hands.

#106 Posted by ripelivejam (4857 posts) -

Danny was the MVP of this podcast. As soon as he dropped the "Four goals, twelve balls. Go" line, I was sold on him being a regular on this show.

he basically described Calvinball

#107 Posted by Kr7stof (74 posts) -

+1 for hosting Brad. He did a fine job and i liked the podcast very much.

As long as there are good conversations i am fine with whatever actually :)

#108 Edited by jakob187 (21759 posts) -

Now we just need Drew to host to complete the circle.

I think Drew would be Robin Tunney

#109 Posted by HyperPaul (45 posts) -
#110 Posted by Kingpk (211 posts) -

Yeah, Brad's hosting gives a different vibe that's a nice change of pace.

Just keep him away from the emails please. Make that one of Dan's new doodies....er...duties.

#111 Posted by Ford_Dent (349 posts) -

BRADCAST FOREVER.

#112 Edited by FLStyle (4920 posts) -

Fucked up by not having Jason on to talk about the big happenings at EVO in a 5-person bombcast. The one bombcast that would've made sense to have Jason make a rare appearance where his speciality knowledge would've come in handy instead of relying on Samantha's limited knowledge of what happened at EVO. She knew more about what went on and she was at GaymerX2 all weekend!

Other than that, Brad did a great job hosting again and Samantha was a good guest!

#113 Posted by GiantLizardKing (560 posts) -

Brad is doing a great job filling in as host. Bravo.

Just please keep that fucking degenerate as far from the email inbox as possible..

#114 Posted by artofwar420 (6311 posts) -

He's awesome, keep the long pork talk coming and I'll be happy.

#115 Posted by ripelivejam (4857 posts) -

i actually like that brad goes there with the emails. he does a stand up job at keeping the podcasts laser-focused. probably out of necessity but i also like that he's willing to have guests/non-regulars on more.

seems like it'll be a more regular thing than vinny's were but i'm OK with that!

#116 Posted by Mister_V (1434 posts) -

Another great Brad hosting job ( A great episode all round)

Keep up the good work @brad

#117 Edited by Atwa (638 posts) -

I can't believe Jason wasn't invited in the week after the biggest fighting game event of the year and him being a huge fighting game fan.

Other than that, good one. I'll still always miss Jeff when hes not around.

#118 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

I really like Brad as the host because then he's engaged the whole time. If Jeffs hosting or something then brad seems to sorta fade out until someone is like "BRAD!" and he's like "huh what?!" So having him as a part of it the entire time is pretty great.

#119 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (257 posts) -

All Hail our new Brad-Host overlord!

Really glad it has worked out this way. Jeff's niche was always to be a sort of anti-establishment outsider coming in a adding some chaos to the mix, he was pushed out of that trying to be the guy keeping everything in order. Seemed like he wasn't having as much fun that way.

#120 Posted by Entreri10 (243 posts) -

All Hail our new Brad-Host overlord!

Really glad it has worked out this way. Jeff's niche was always to be a sort of anti-establishment outsider coming in a adding some chaos to the mix, he was pushed out of that trying to be the guy keeping everything in order. Seemed like he wasn't having as much fun that way.

Agreed, I definitely prefer Jeff as the wild card as opposed to the host, but I'd be happy if they just alternated hosting duties like every other week or something.

#121 Posted by Reisz (1527 posts) -

I have listened to precisely 13 minutes and 11 seconds of yesterday's podcast so I feel fully qualified to say Brad is a wonderful host with an exemplary vocal timbre and cadence. I look forward to many months of DOTATWO conversation.

#122 Posted by spraynardtatum (3686 posts) -

Brad is a killer. Also, it gets extra points for being 3 and a half hours long. I'll be able to listen to it till the weekend.

#123 Posted by chiablo (999 posts) -

I for one welcome our new BraDotA overlord.

#124 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3504 posts) -

Bradhost is awesome, best decision for the podcast I think. Crazy what a difference being in the driver's seat does to a person. I like to imagine it is the Spirit of Ryan, imbuing all hosts with his Bomcast Magic.

#125 Edited by seemah (50 posts) -

I look forward to the new mixup and the possibility of some truly disturbing emails!

#126 Posted by onarum (2295 posts) -

Agreed, I definitely prefer Jeff as the wild card as opposed to the host, but I'd be happy if they just alternated hosting duties like every other week or something.

That sounds like a cool idea actually.

#127 Edited by Brodehouse (10129 posts) -

Jeff in a spot where he can react to things rather than present them lets him be way funnier.

Dan Ryckert is a Goddamn revelation.

No comment on Brad until he goes to rehab and gets off the Dota. Friends don't let friends do Dota.

#128 Posted by development (2626 posts) -

Yeah, the problem with Jeff as the host is that he kinda has to set up his own jokes. Being able to react to situations is where he shines.

#129 Posted by Slag (4864 posts) -

#TEAMBRAD

Seriously, this is a brilliant move. It improves the team in two key ways.

Moving Brad to Support keeps him engaged throughout the cast as it forces him to keep his focus on the conversational mini-map, while simultaneously giving Jeff more free farm and ganking opportunities he needs to hard carry the cast.

#130 Posted by iceman228433 (617 posts) -

I like the move because I feel like it keeps Brad tuned in and not falling asleep which is a good thing.

#131 Edited by Hassun (1832 posts) -

When Brad was doing the hosting while Jeff was away I personally sent him a message asking him to consider remaining the host when Jeff came back. I was very glad to see him take the reins this week.

It's just a position which fits him. And not to forget, Jeff is also better when not hosting. He was just forced into the role after Ryan passed away.

#132 Edited by Roboculus92 (534 posts) -

Brad is doing a great job as host. I get the feeling that they wanted to try him out a couple times to see how it worked before confirming things. If Vinny wasn't gonna end up moving away then I'm sure he would have been considered as well but Brad is doing a pretty good job so it all works out. #TeamBrad

#133 Posted by Mcfart (1728 posts) -

Brad's a good host. I've no problem with Brad being the main host, with occasional shuffles to mix things up.

#134 Posted by Xanadu (424 posts) -

I'm all for it. Tbh Jeff and brad are equally interchangeable as host to me but in a post Vinny bombcast world, Brad makes the most sense.

#135 Edited by shozo (60 posts) -

Brad is doing a great job, he's tuned in and focused. It's been a treat to learn more about Dan Ryckert…meat raffle…really? And the epic length is awesome.

What forms do I need to fill out to join #TeamBrad

#136 Edited by KaneRobot (1828 posts) -

Not a fan of the change, but if it means we Jeff bringing back any form of NDX whatsoever, then Patrick's hair can host the damn thing for all I care. Get your shit together Nintendo and start feeding this man terrible promotional copy for terrible downloadable games.

#137 Posted by csl316 (9442 posts) -

Brad continues to be great at this. But that first minute was shocking. SHOCKING! Just a complete seizure of power out of nowhere.

For a long ass show, it flowed pretty well. And I still got some left over for tomorrow's commute, wow.

#138 Posted by Korwin (3029 posts) -

I'm quite pleased with the change, Brad presents the topics well and it put's the boss man back into reactionary mode. This was the first podcast in a while where Jeff has flown completely off the handle about something, it's just not something he could do in the host chair.

#139 Posted by Doomed (207 posts) -

Brad was a mix of good and bad as the host. Listeners can fast-forward through "boring" conversations, but people who are interested can't magically hear a conversation that never happened or was cut short. If the people in the room want to talk, and there's one person out there who wants to listen, why cut them off?

#140 Posted by Andorski (5365 posts) -

I will pay double the cost of premium membership if the Bombcast continues to be Brad talking about DOTA and Dan being completely perplexed about it.

#141 Posted by mjk0104 (213 posts) -

@andorski: Now I just want Brad to try and actually teach Dan how to play, that'd be amazing.

Brad did an excellent job, and they could let random Skype callers host if it means we get some hot NDX action back in this joint.

#142 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

If Brad hosting means 3.5hour Bombcasts on the regular, I say yea!

#143 Posted by NoelVeiga (1115 posts) -

@doomed said:

Brad was a mix of good and bad as the host. Listeners can fast-forward through "boring" conversations, but people who are interested can't magically hear a conversation that never happened or was cut short. If the people in the room want to talk, and there's one person out there who wants to listen, why cut them off?

Dude, it was a three hour and a half 'cast. I do want them to survive the ordeal so they can do it again the following week.

I think the reason you feel this way is that Brad is a bit indecisive about making those calls. Jeff, and before Ryan, were also making a bunch of decisions about what they mention or when to move on, they just never went "I'm not gonna read this part" or "we shouldn't talk about that". They just conversationally moved on and kept the pace.

#144 Posted by kishinfoulux (2511 posts) -

If Brad hosting means 3.5hour Bombcasts on the regular, I say yea!

This so much. When was the last time we had a 3 hour podcast? That was the norm for a good long while, and then it started hitting the 2 hour area more regularly.

#145 Posted by Gatehouse (709 posts) -

I can only echo the thoughts of other people here. Having Brad as host really pepped up the show, as Jeff works at his best when not burdened with the task of keeping the show running. Would be totally cool if this was the norm from now on.

#146 Posted by warpig87 (73 posts) -

This is probably the first bombcast in about 12 months that had me consistently laughing for three hours. Brad keeping the conversation flowing and Dan and Jeff riffing has completely turned this podcast around. I'm pretty relieved

#147 Posted by Choi (549 posts) -

Way to go Brad!

#148 Posted by AMyggen (3636 posts) -

From Jeff's Tumblr:

I never especially wanted to host that podcast, it just made the most sense at the time and I knew it was something I was definitely capable of doing. In retrospect, I should have realized Brad was right for that role sooner. He’s always been the one of us who cares the most about the podcast.

Jeff is a fine host, but he has always been at his best on the Bombcast when he can just talk shit and not worry about being the host. Brad taking over the hosting duties is the best thing that could've happened to the Bombcast right now.

#149 Posted by kagato (960 posts) -

I wouldnt have thought it would be Brad's thing, but im really glad he gave it a go as not only is he a great host but he now seems more engaged in whats happening and keeping up in the conversation. I like Jeff as a host but im totally fine with Brad too, maybe i like Brad hosting better?

#150 Posted by Rmack (1078 posts) -

This is perfect.