#151 Posted by Tennmuerti (8245 posts) -

Loved it.

#152 Posted by Bollard (6293 posts) -

@amyggen said:

From Jeff's Tumblr:

I never especially wanted to host that podcast, it just made the most sense at the time and I knew it was something I was definitely capable of doing. In retrospect, I should have realized Brad was right for that role sooner. He’s always been the one of us who cares the most about the podcast.

Jeff is a fine host, but he has always been at his best on the Bombcast when he can just talk shit and not worry about being the host. Brad taking over the hosting duties is the best thing that could've happened to the Bombcast right now.

Super excited to hear that #TeamBrad

#153 Posted by CDUB901 (229 posts) -

It's amazing how great Brad is at hosting. He's usually been the quiet and sleepy one this whole time, but when he's hosting he's full of energy and he sets things up very well for Jeff, Dan and Drew to knock out of the park.

Perhaps he should try hosting live streams as well?

Feels great to have Jeff back in the secondary seat to hear his reactions about news and what not.

#154 Edited by Excast (1131 posts) -

Brad did a great job. I agree that he seems much more active and engaged in the lead role.

#155 Posted by ArtisanBreads (4490 posts) -

@cdub901 said:

It's amazing how great Brad is at hosting. He's usually been the quiet and sleepy one this whole time, but when he's hosting he's full of energy and he sets things up very well for Jeff, Dan and Drew to knock out of the park.

Perhaps he should try hosting live streams as well?

Feels great to have Jeff back in the secondary seat to hear his reactions about news and what not.

Couldn't agree more man. It reminded me of Jeff playing off Ryan as host. Personally I've been calling for Jeff to step back into that role (and stop hosting) and it was great to hear that work out perfectly. The podcast this week was really great.

I never expected Brad to do this well as host but he is doing a great job.

#156 Posted by RonGalaxy (3543 posts) -

The last few times brad has been host has resulted in the best bombcasts I've heard in a long time. Glad to hear it seems to be a permanent thing now

#157 Posted by SomeJerk (3592 posts) -

I kinda preferred last weeks with Samantha over this standard fare bombcast. She got to go on too long on with her initial tirade there but otherwise it was super refreshing and interesting, a talkative freaking guest, so I dig Brad hosting.

Just don't let him chose emails ever.

#158 Posted by Spankmealotus (312 posts) -

I really like Brad as the host. I think Jeff fits just being on a show more than hosting it. That might have something to do with him being the boss. Either way I really like the way things are going around here. Dan is great and I think Brad hosting the Bombcast will only be good.

#159 Posted by James_Hayward (565 posts) -

Host Brad is best Brad.

#160 Posted by WindFall259 (397 posts) -

Host Brad is the way to go.

#161 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1827 posts) -

Let me just say, if Brad's deep, gravely voice started talking to me in a bar. I wouldn't tell him to stop.

#162 Posted by GaspoweR (4090 posts) -

Okay that back and forth tirade between Jeff and Dan about Terminator made me think it was actually a lot funnier since Brad had to be the one to rein it in while Jeff had a lot more energy to rebut Dan's claim of T2 AND T3 being better movies. God, that shit was hilarious.

#163 Edited by DarknessMyOldFriend (281 posts) -

@gaspower said:

Okay that back and forth tirade between Jeff and Dan about Terminator made me think it was actually a lot funnier since Brad had to be the one to rein it in while Jeff had a lot more energy to rebut Dan's claim of T2 AND T3 being better movies. God, that shit was hilarious.

Ha, how it was an actual debate until Dan brought up T3 and everyone realized it had become time to shut it down before things got ugly.

Oh, also, Jeff is totally right. Terminator is a great movie, T2 is a theme park ride.

#164 Posted by Sherlock22 (39 posts) -

Really wish Brad wasn't so afraid of reading those gross emails, I don't think anyone who's listening to the Bombcast is above a little shitmail. I'm still a little bitter about him leaving me hanging on the "stare at each other while pooping" email. Other than that I'm really happy that hes talking so much now, even if it is mostly for DoTA.

#165 Posted by htiawe (25 posts) -

Awesome that Brad is the host now, it felt like Jeff appreciated it too. This is the first episode that im thinking about listening to again and that hasnt happened after Ryan passed away.

#166 Posted by conmulligan (1022 posts) -

I am all the way onboard with Brad as the new host. He's a natural.

#167 Edited by Sarkahn (51 posts) -

It's great! This week and last week's show with Samantha are fantastic, some of the best Bombcasts I've heard in a while.

#168 Posted by Evilsbane (5000 posts) -

Between BradCast and Vinny+Alex I have been Drowning in wonderful content, Brad being the host has made him a presence on the cast that I never felt before #teambrad

#169 Posted by TheHT (12247 posts) -

Hell yeah Brad taking the reigns.

#170 Posted by Beinhart (48 posts) -

Yes Brad is really a good Podcast Host ,freshed up the hole Thing

#171 Posted by Noitwont (81 posts) -

Host Brad > Sleepy Brad

#172 Posted by cthomer5000 (953 posts) -

Couldn't have seen this coming, but it has been an incredibly great development. Brad is killin' it right now as host. One of those swaps that basically gave everyone a +5 boost.

#173 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1311 posts) -

My only worry is that Brad's bladder is going to burst now that he can no longer quietly sneak out during the middle of a podcast to pee.

#174 Posted by JRM (201 posts) -

Brad's a born host. He did an awesome job.

#175 Posted by Bulby33 (645 posts) -

Brad is a better host than Jeff so... I'd like to see them keep with it.

#176 Posted by Luca717 (181 posts) -

i enjoy when the guys switch it up all the time. Let Dan host hahaha

#177 Posted by fisk0 (5054 posts) -

Brad is a great host. His voice can make anything bearable, which is the only reason I ever listen to the Daily DOTA.

#178 Posted by ch3burashka (5490 posts) -

I haven't read the previous four pages of comments, but I'll make a bold statement: Vinny is the superior podcast host. It sucks that he moved away; it sucks the group splintered in general.

#179 Posted by laserbolts (5439 posts) -

Brad has been the best host since Ryan.

#180 Posted by Enuff (49 posts) -

Brad's a fine host! Keep it rollin'

#181 Edited by DarknessMyOldFriend (281 posts) -

3+ hours again?

Putting the radcast in Bradcast!

#182 Posted by The_Ruiner (1318 posts) -

It's still pretty much Jeff's show. Brad is being a pretty good straight man though.

#183 Posted by Jellybones (120 posts) -

While it's a shame that the Giant Vincast can't exist now, Brad is a great host and it's great to see him more active and alert in the podcast itself.

#184 Posted by Mikemcn (7400 posts) -

Brad always had the best radio voice after Ryan.

#185 Posted by conmulligan (1022 posts) -

@jellybones: I miss Vinny on the podcast as much as anyone, but honestly I think Brad's a better host. It seems like he's in his element.

#186 Posted by insane_shadowblade85 (1617 posts) -

@jellybones: I miss Vinny on the podcast as much as anyone, but honestly I think Brad's a better host. It seems like he's in his element.

I'll agree with this mainly because Brad doesn't use music to artificially lengthen the Bombcast.

@somejerk said:

I kinda preferred last weeks with Samantha over this standard fare bombcast. She got to go on too long on with her initial tirade there but otherwise it was super refreshing and interesting, a talkative freaking guest, so I dig Brad hosting.

Just don't let him chose emails ever.

This is my only issue with him being the host. He acts like it's not his fault that he chose those emails that he's reading. It's like if I keep buying food I don't like and then sit in front of you guys and eat it while saying, "Oh man, I don't know why I have to eat this. Why?!... Oh well, here we go".

#187 Posted by mbdoeden (225 posts) -

Just wanted to pop in and say Brad is a fantastic host. Keep it up yo!

#188 Posted by BradBrains (1308 posts) -

Its so much better. jeff is better when he can make comments rather than be the host.

also it keeps brad awake and focused.

really glad this happened

#189 Posted by Bribo (648 posts) -

This is my only issue with him being the host. He acts like it's not his fault that he chose those emails that he's reading. It's like if I keep buying food I don't like and then sit in front of you guys and eat it while saying, "Oh man, I don't know why I have to eat this. Why?!... Oh well, here we go".

No, it's like you buy the grossest food on the menu for yourself and three other guys - and then everybody has to describe how awful it tastes. That might be entertaining or might just cause someone to vomit spectacularly.

Either way, you should apologise in advance.

#190 Posted by shozo (77 posts) -

I'm having a blast with Brad as the host. As he keeps the crew moving at a good pace and he seems to enjoy sitting at the helm. He's attentive and in a good mood. The best I've heard from him in a while. On a related note I would not mind Dan taking charge as the UPF host. The mario party show was awesome and totally out of now where.

#191 Posted by aceofspudz (937 posts) -

I'll add my voice to #teambrad.

Brad's got the power, got the touch.

#192 Edited by Bboboo (104 posts) -

Nothing bad towards Jeff but Brad is an excellent host. The only downside may be more DOTA e-mails, but eh, I'll live.

#193 Posted by ripelivejam (5766 posts) -

i haven't been paying enough attention but i guess brad just announces "Emails!" himself now.

#194 Posted by Keen314 (86 posts) -

I'd like to thank whoever sent that email this week about the proper bombcast email address. We all gotta do our part to help Brad host properly.

#195 Posted by madman356647 (427 posts) -

@bboboo: True. Even then, Jeff said he wasn't a fan of hosting the Bombcast, and felt Brad is rockin it out.

Now if only they would do something about this Dough-Ta that all the kids be on these days.

#196 Posted by PatODay (272 posts) -

I really liked the five minutes of bonus Bombcast this week after the outro. That was easily one of the funniest stories I have heard in quite some time.

#197 Posted by shozo (77 posts) -

I think brad may have forgotten a discount code for squarespace. I love what Brad is doing, but I want to make sure he making bank.

#198 Posted by pyromagnestir (4379 posts) -

@shozo:

He left a comment on the bombcast page that there wasn't any promo code, so no worries.

#199 Edited by shozo (77 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: Excellent! Knowing that, it's a flawless podcast! #TeamBrad

#200 Edited by MillaJ (46 posts) -

I was really surprised at how great Brad is. He's energetic and contributes to the show instead of taking the back seat. And Jeff gets to be in the best place for himself, where he can just focus on delivering the commentary and fun jokes. I used to think after Ryan, and then after Vinny left, that it might not work out as well, but I was definitely wrong. It's different, and those guys can't be replaced, but it's still great. I think as long as at least one of the core people remain, along with the unique culture that has always made them fun to listen to and watch, then they will continue to rock.