• 69 results
#1 Posted by Treadstone (13 posts) -

Brad's DOTA 2 obsession is starting to worry me.

It seems like he can rant and rave about it for 10-15 minutes every Bombcast, even though the other guys groan and sigh every time it's brought up. No one cares except for him. And yet, once he gets started, it takes a forceful segue from Ryan to rescue us from the madness.

The man has gone off the rails! What's going to happen next week!?

#2 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4486 posts) -

I'm looking forward to the eventual subscriber only livestream of Brad's Dota 2 intervention.

#3 Edited by mosespippy (4435 posts) -

You're right. He is slowly killing himself. We should start filming immediately.

#4 Posted by Sumbog (505 posts) -

They had that game of the year segment with Jeff being a game addict... But it turns out that Brad will actually need an intervention.

#5 Posted by donfonzie (206 posts) -

R.I.P Brad.

#6 Edited by VoshiNova (1752 posts) -

I'd actually like to see more Dota 2 content. That TNT was fun, and I assume they could get the crew back together.

More Dota~!

#7 Posted by BBAlpert (1581 posts) -

Correction: Brad is rapidly killing himself with Dota 2.

Get clean soon, Brad. We miss you!

#8 Posted by SomeJerk (3389 posts) -

I hope he at least gets up and shakes a leg every few hours to prevent DVT..

#9 Posted by Slag (4846 posts) -

I'd argue until now Brad has never been truly alive.

#10 Posted by RazielCuts (2986 posts) -

'YOU'RE MY NIGHTMARE!'

#11 Posted by GalacticPunt (1105 posts) -

Actually, when it comes to killing himself and video games, Brad does it quickly and frequently.

#12 Edited by EXTomar (4940 posts) -

People act like it is weird that a person on a video game podcast is playing a lot of video games.

#13 Posted by Milkman (17310 posts) -

I think "slowly" is debatable.

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

And I'm right there with him.

#15 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

Give Brad a choice: "Would you rather have us set you up an account to feed you keys and characters. Or we set up your computer so you can play DOTA 2 for half an hour every 2 days?"

#16 Posted by EXTomar (4940 posts) -

We should start sending him extra items. Or did we want him to stop?

#17 Edited by rebgav (1429 posts) -

I haven't heard his ranting on the subject but in my opinion Dota and Brad were made for each other. He seems like that guy.

#18 Edited by Jams (2966 posts) -

#19 Edited by Fearbeard (834 posts) -

I'm just happy to hear someone talk on the bombcast who actually seems to enjoy games these days.

#20 Edited by Blackout62 (1404 posts) -
So is the Kickstarter going to be for Brad's intervention or to drive him deeper down the path to DOTA doom?

#21 Posted by TruthTellah (9470 posts) -

Dota 2 is Brad's Skylanders.

#22 Posted by ajamafalous (12147 posts) -

@slag said:

I'd argue until now Brad has never been truly alive.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (15132 posts) -

Guys, Brad is leaving....this world.

#24 Posted by Roboculus92 (531 posts) -

When's the last time he even touched Starcraft 2?

#25 Edited by Dave_442 (52 posts) -

I don't care what anyone says, its not right to get up in the morning and play games all day.

Your supposed to play all night and then sleep until lunchtime.

#26 Edited by NegativeCero (3039 posts) -

I would love to have seen the moment he was forcibly removed from the computer as he mentioned on the Bombcast.

#27 Posted by Veektarius (5012 posts) -

At least it's a good time for him to do this. I can't imagine what a review from him would look like written in this state.

"Company of Heroes 2: 2/5 A review by Bradley Shoemaker:

Company of Heroes 2 presents a brutal depiction of the horrors of the Eastern Front, but suffers from several key flaws in its gameplay design. While elements such as firing from cover and directional damage to vehicles separate it from other games in the RTS genre, it fails to incorporate advances in gameplay since the first installment, such as denying, jungling, and item shops. Also, while the unstructured city streets of Stalingrad may seem to be a compelling recreation, the absence of clear lanes is an archaic mechanic that introduces a frustrating element of chaos...."

#28 Posted by Nephrahim (1156 posts) -

Personally, I've been addicted to games, then I've moved on from them. I suspect Brad will get bored with it eventually.

#29 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11381 posts) -

I disagree. I think he's killing himself pretty quickly.

#30 Posted by laserbot (12 posts) -

Who does killing yourself with Dota constitute as feeding?

#31 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

Teach him a fighting game now.

#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I support Brad's terrible lifestyle decisions. #teambrad

#33 Posted by MEATBALL (3468 posts) -

It's been really fun listening to Brad recount his DOTA 2 adventures with the others having a little fun with it, I think you're projecting your own disinterest in the subject onto the crew.

Personally, I've found watching Brad/the others play DOTA 2 rather boring, but I've really enjoyed Brad's talk about the subject on the bombcast, particularly this week.

#34 Posted by ShaggE (6698 posts) -

Looks like Breaking Brad wasn't necessary. He's breaking himself on his own time.

#35 Edited by goldenmnk (186 posts) -

That is a bit extreme.... hes fiiiiineee.

#36 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

I like hearing Brad talk about the game. He is clearly passionate about it, I don't think he is actually harming himself. It is a slow period for games, instead of playing game for the site he has the time to invest in a ton of DOTA2.

#37 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

It's the first time in a very long time that I have seen Bread actually talk with any kind of enthusiasm about anything. If it actually started to affect his life where he stopped doing work or stopped taking care of himself physically I'm sure his girlfriend or one of his friends would actually take him aside and talk to him before it became serious.

#38 Posted by GreggD (4515 posts) -

Guys, Brad is leaving....this world.

Brad is dying.

#39 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

This is like when Jeff was really into Skylanders. Don't worry about it....much.

Anyone who got into Dota will understand this is a phase Brad has to under take. IT IS HIS RITUAL ASCENSION TO BRADDOM.

#40 Posted by Jrad (624 posts) -

Dota's the only game I've played that I can really see myself dumping thousands of hours into. It's really incredible once you start to go down the rabbit hole. I'd love to see some more Dota coverage on the site, honestly; be it a TNT or a new feature entirely.

#41 Edited by TheManiacsGnome (279 posts) -

Hearing Brad talk about Dota 2 and how he's getting better at the game is probably one of the more interesting things on the Bombcast lately, it's a great game and I don't think it's all that surprising that Brad has played it to this extreme.

Patrick groaned about the prospect of Dice making a Battlefront game, it doesn't take much for him to audibly groan about something.

#42 Edited by Marz (5671 posts) -

can't blame him, there's nothing much else new to play the past 2 months :P

#43 Posted by Mezmero (2058 posts) -

That DOTA 2 is here to stay lady.

#44 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

I dont think playing a game all weekend is any cause for concern. Like at all. Clearly they were exaggerating it for comedy sake. I mean whats the difference of brad playing DOTA2 all weekend and Jeff saying he played 30+ hours of FO:NV in in like 2 and a half days? Which he says so in the quicklook of it.

#45 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

After listening to Brad talk about Starcraft for like an entire fucking year I'm glad that this time it's at least something I hold some interest in.

#46 Posted by Pr1mus (3946 posts) -

This will end with a 240h livestream of Brad playing himself to death. The ultimate Breaking Brad.

#47 Edited by Aetheldod (3709 posts) -

Its the highlight of the bombcast ... altho it kind of worries me D: Brad!!!! Dont do it!!!!

#48 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3798 posts) -

Heard Brad is leaving?

#49 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3776 posts) -

Brad should see how many Big W's he could get in a 168 hour period.

#50 Edited by tourgen (4542 posts) -

so, no more Devil May Cry streams for a while then? bah :/