• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Superkenon (1394 posts) -

You already know.

#52 Edited by skelington_ (292 posts) -

Yeah, like, I find it frustrating when, like, somebody says that, like, as often as he does, like. Verbal tics are, like, the worst thing, like, ever, and worthy of complaining about like it's affecting your quality of, like, life, like.

#53 Posted by Levius (1077 posts) -

If we're picking on verbal tics, Vinny saying foe-ward instead of forward makes a part of me wince every time.

#54 Edited by Pr1mus (3812 posts) -

You know...

I'm all for criticising the staff for stuff like bad coverage when that happens. You know, like, uh, professional stuff and such.

This however is just a waste of space on the forum.

#55 Edited by spraynardtatum (2607 posts) -

Brad is the worst.

Sometimes he sends me private messages filled with threats and insults. He never leaves me alone. It's like he does it just to annoy me and freak me out. I'm seriously scared.

He's always talking about finding my address and beating me up. He gets his jollies off by knowing that I'm somewhere squirming. I bet he's playing the same kind of sick mind games with you. Watch out. The PM's are coming!

#56 Edited by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -

and no one gets annoyed by Jeff says "Dems the rules" a billion times

#57 Posted by GIyn (202 posts) -
#58 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

Hey guys, I heard Brad was leaving.

I heard Kessler is taking his place.

#59 Edited by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

Just remember, it could be worse.

#60 Posted by Budwyzer (544 posts) -

@planetary said:

I heard Adam Sessler is taking his place.

Fixed that for you. =D

#61 Edited by hidden81 (50 posts) -

Patrick keeps saying "Woah buddy" when he is scared. It annoys me slightly.

#62 Posted by Zauzazu (71 posts) -

@hidden81: I love Patrick's use of buddy. In fact, I enjoy the verbal tics and tendencies of the whole crew, it's part of the texture of who they are.

#63 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Brad is a great guy.

#64 Posted by PhilipDuck (530 posts) -

I hate his Brad charm

#65 Posted by Evilsbane (4539 posts) -

guys we all know what this is REALLY about.....

none of us can name 10 games better than Brothers and we're frustrated.

The Real issue presents itself!

#66 Posted by Evilsbane (4539 posts) -

@budwyzer said:

@infamousbig said:

@planetary said:

I heard Adam Sessler is taking his place.

Fixed that for you. =D

While I wouldn't want him to Replace Brad, having Sessler would be..kinda awesome.

#67 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Brad, you know?

#68 Edited by Guesty_01 (339 posts) -

The fucking internet crusaders are here again. I'm sure Brad speaks much better the you keyboard warriors.

#69 Posted by Slaegar (688 posts) -

Brad's way of speaking is my least concern with him. He seems to be politically correct to a fault. Like he has something to hide.

I quickly fell in love with the way Patrick is willing to go out of his comfort zone and try games like Monster Hunter for more than three minutes before dismissing it as loljapan. I think Brad needs to spend a week with a genre he hates.

#70 Posted by CrazyBagMan (836 posts) -

Several dozen... sure.

#71 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Every time he does it they should play the start of Road Dogg's theme music.

#72 Posted by michaelferrari (23 posts) -

Having done podcasting of my own over the years, it is insanely hard to speak perfectly. I was able to prevent myself from saying"um" often, but I was the king of "you know what I mean?"

#73 Posted by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

This kind of thread is right up there with the "omfg why don't the guys love this game like I do" and "which option from this dumb list of games is your favourite" threads as being the dumbest things going around here.

1) why do you care about this?

2) why do you think anyone else will care about this?

This shit is just petty.

#74 Edited by Boom_goes_the_dynamite (692 posts) -

It's essentially a verbal habit, everyone has them (as far as I know) and it is something you have to work super hard to get rid of. For example, I still have a verbal habit problem when I am teaching a group of students. When I want the attention of the group I'll say something like "Alright, guys!" I was told when student teaching, about a year ago, not to call the class that (probably because it is not a gender neutral word), and yet I still do it because it's a habit. So basically habits are hard to break, like meth. It's hard to get off meth.

#75 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

"You know" is a much more intelligible phrase than the likes of uhms, ahs, likes, and other such off repeated noise the inarticulate make to fill dead air. I don't have a problem with it. What I do find annoying though is that Brad has a need to constantly interrupt when someone is speaking only for him to lose his words mid-sentence. Poor form if you ask me. When Ryan was podcast host he'd walk all over Brad like a doormat and never let him butt in and you'd witness the dying squawks of a man so eager to make his opinions known. Super awkward and make for a tense and unnerving atmosphere. I know many friends who are put into the same position as Brad and many friends who don't have the patience to deal with those types of interruptions. I can see the social ladder building itself as the wroth characters surge above the more timid. It gets me anxious, like I should be doing something about it to stop it. Gah, how can you hate Brad? Don't you have a heart?

#76 Posted by mrfluke (5092 posts) -

he more says "i dont know", more than "you know", you know?

#77 Edited by kcin (124 posts) -

How about everyone in the Giant Bomb crew turning their responses into questions?

"Not really?"

"Kind of?"

"No?"

"Sorta?"

Anyway, here I am watching QLs and listening to the Bombcast and all that, so like everyone else has said, it's just something you get over once you notice it.

#78 Posted by PandaBear (1303 posts) -

I think Brad's more common trait is spoilers. It's like he has no opportunity to talk to the guys about games outside of the podcast. Seriously, a game can be two weeks old and he'll start dropping the "Oh come on, this isn't a spoiler..." line when talking about final missions/bosses/story resolutions. He's the worst at it by far.

#79 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

Sometimes...actually, most of the times, Brad keeps his clothes on.

That really annoys some people.

#80 Edited by Duder_Me (307 posts) -

"You know, but you acting like you don't know."

#81 Posted by Patchcoat (132 posts) -
#82 Edited by kishinfoulux (2255 posts) -

I think Brad's more common trait is spoilers. It's like he has no opportunity to talk to the guys about games outside of the podcast. Seriously, a game can be two weeks old and he'll start dropping the "Oh come on, this isn't a spoiler..." line when talking about final missions/bosses/story resolutions. He's the worst at it by far.

I see some people say this and still haven't come across it. Patrick was the big spoil guy. It's always "there's this cool part later in the game that I don't want to spoil, so I wont but..." and then proceeds to spoil it anyways.

#83 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

@kcin said:

How about everyone in the Giant Bomb crew turning their responses into questions?

"Not really?"

"Kind of?"

"No?"

"Sorta?"

Anyway, here I am watching QLs and listening to the Bombcast and all that, so like everyone else has said, it's just something you get over once you notice it.

I noticed it but it didn't bother me. They at least go on to explain their question-answers afterwards so it's not like they leave you hanging there.

#84 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Ostensibly. Something something ostensibly.

Ostensibly. Also ostensibly.

#85 Posted by iShayman (90 posts) -

I do not envy the Giant Bomb folks: having your personalities raked over the coals by hyper-analytical strangers on the Internet must be really stressful. The level to which the community cares about this website is part of what, I imagine, makes working at Giant Bomb so rewarding, but the overly critical aspect of the community is really unfortunate.

#86 Posted by Humanity (8814 posts) -

@humanity said:

I also just noticed the wears plaid shirts like all the time and it pisses me off!

that does piss me off

Have you noticed they all have skin? I find that degrading.

#87 Posted by punkxblaze (2957 posts) -

I like Brad. I like Vinny. I like Jeff. I like Drew. I like Rorie. I like Scoops. I like The Wolf. Alexis is cool too. Can't we all just chill and appreciate these duders who provide us hours of entertainment every week (almost) without fail and not pick apart their every nervous habit?

#88 Posted by Nilazz (607 posts) -

Hey, I thought Brad quit?

#89 Posted by Pop (2606 posts) -

Damn it. I thought this would be a thread about Brad's junk.

#90 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2458 posts) -

This kind of thread is right up there with the "omfg why don't the guys love this game like I do" and "which option from this dumb list of games is your favourite" threads as being the dumbest things going around here.

1) why do you care about this?

2) why do you think anyone else will care about this?

This shit is just petty.

Take a close look around -- almost everyone acting "petty" lately, as you put it, is a paid suscriber. Apparently farting a few bucks in the general direction of CBSi grants one special bitching and whining privileges.

#91 Edited by Rick_Fingers (524 posts) -

@atomic_dumpling: man I doubt it's a subscriber thing. I think people just get a bit weirdly...clingy with this site, and it can lead to bizarre threads or really dumb complaints about absolute non-issues.

#92 Edited by Sweep (8818 posts) -

So, a few years ago, I started noticing just how often people make stupid unproductive threads and now I can't stop seeing them and it's starting to get kind of annoying.

If only I could do something about it!

Oh wait, I totally can.