#1 Posted by SleepState (14 posts) -

On the Bombcast 07-24-2012, Brad mentioned he would make a video detailing how he hooks up his computer to the TV in the living room. He says it around the 02:29:30 mark in the podcast.

I'm curious if this video has already been posted, and I've missed it, or it just never got made? It seems like he's serious about it even though the others joke it's gonna be a Brad sex tape ;-)

#2 Posted by RVonE (4683 posts) -

@SleepState: It hasn't been posted yet. I don't know if said video was actually made.

#3 Posted by Hunkulese (2835 posts) -

Why does that need to be a video?

Here's a long HDMI cable I bought for 73 cents on amazon.
Watch as I plug it into my tv.
Thanks for watching.

#4 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Hunkulese said:
Why does that need to be a video? Here's a long HDMI cable I bought for 73 cents on amazon. Watch as I plug it into my tv. Thanks for watching.
#5 Posted by SleepState (14 posts) -

I guess I would be curious to see his setup in general, how he handles audio, what TV he uses, what games are and aren't suited for living room gaming etc. etc. Maybe I'm just longing for a GiantBomb Cribs segment (about damn time) ;-)

#6 Posted by ModernAlkemie (368 posts) -

@SleepState said:

I guess I would be curious to see his setup in general, how he handles audio, what TV he uses, what games are and aren't suited for living room gaming etc. etc. Maybe I'm just longing for a GiantBomb Cribs segment (about damn time) ;-)

Except I think this segment should take the form of the crew randomly showing up to the homes of John Drake, Brad Muir, etc. and barging in without being invited.

#7 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@SleepState said:

i play all my games on my HDTV from starcraft 2 too saint row 3.

i have a wireless mouse and keyboard, a nice sturdy tray that sits on my lap so if a game needs M&K i use that and a 360 controller for game that suit a controller.

its fucking great

#8 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Yeah you're right. There are definitely a few things to keep in mind when you do it, especially if you still have your PC hooked up in its original location and you're plugging it into your TV as an additional monitor in another room or something. It's times like this that I miss the old offices and having Tested at arm's length.

#9 Posted by SleepState (14 posts) -

@ModernAlkemie said:

Except I think this segment should take the form of the crew randomly showing up to the homes of John Drake, Brad Muir, etc. and barging in without being invited.

Ha, you're absolutely right! GB crew, are you listening?! ;-)

@Bell_End said:

i play all my games on my HDTV from starcraft 2 too saint row 3.

i have a wireless mouse and keyboard, a nice sturdy tray that sits on my lap so if a game needs M&K i use that and a 360 controller for game that suit a controller.

its fucking great

Sounds fucking great :-) My only problem right now is that my Panasonic plasma TV is too low-res to be used effectively. So I'm contemplating getting a new one, maybe LED.

@MrKlorox said:

Yeah you're right. There are definitely a few things to keep in mind when you do it, especially if you still have your PC hooked up in its original location and you're plugging it into your TV as an additional monitor in another room or something. It's times like this that I miss the old offices and having Tested at arm's length.

Yeah exactly, stuff like that. Oh, and you're right about the old offices...

#10 Edited by LikeaSsur (1580 posts) -

Yes, we definitely need more videos of Brad telling us how to do things.

#11 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

@LikeaSsur said:

Yes, we definitely need more videos of Brad telling us how to do things.

There haven't been these sort of videos in a lonnggg time :(

#12 Posted by LikeaSsur (1580 posts) -

@supamon: Don't remind me. :'(