#1 Edited by Keen314 (87 posts) -

Brad was trying to remember a word for the term that refers to computer programs whose design emulates the real-world object the program is replacing. It's skeuomorphic.

I learned of the term when reading Ars Technica'sMac OS X Lion review. <insert TheMoreYouKnow.jpg>

#2 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

Whenever I accidentally open the address book app I hate myself. Cruddy piece of shit.

#3 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1092 posts) -

Thanks for that, I totally blanked on that word too when I was listening earlier.

#4 Posted by Ravenlight (8057 posts) -

I approve of these types of threads. Hopefully Brad will continue to not remember difficult words and this can be a weekly feature.

#5 Posted by Dagbiker (7022 posts) -
#6 Posted by BisonHero (8564 posts) -

I need Brad's "What's That Word?" to become a weekly forum topic.

It can be either a fancy word he can't quite remember (like this week), or it can be a fancy word he uses that you're pretty sure nobody understands except for himself and possibly Vinny (and certainly not Ryan "Disco Quiche" Davis).

#7 Posted by FLStyle (5682 posts) -

Highly approve of this becoming a weekly feature. Kudos to you