Posted by JohnnySega (2 posts) -

So not only have I never blogged before, but I've also never gotten out of my gaming box that much. When it comes to video games, I mainly stick to my open world RPGs, and survival horror. Give me some Resident Evil and Dead Space with a side of Elder Scrolls and Fallout, and I am a happy camper. But recently, I've really been wanting to try some new things when it comes to gaming, and GiantBomb has helped me to do that. Currently I've been jumping around playing a few different games. It keeps thing fresh, exciting, and prevents me from getting too pissed off at one certain game. Never owning a SNES, as my username might indicate, I didn't get to play great games like Zelda: A Link to the Past. Now I am on the verge of completing it for the first time. Many may have experienced some frustration with this in the past, and switching around to other types of games has really helped. This may not be new to many of you, but coming from someone who usually focuses on one thing at a time, this is a huge deal.

If any of you are skeptical about free to play games, you can stop right now. One game in particular I have gotten sucked into is Neverwinter. This may not even be one of the better MMOs out there, but it has caught my eye. If you are looking to try out good online fantasy RPG, and you are not a fan of the combat style that comes with games such as WOW, then this may be a game for you. It's free, so what do you have to lose? Along with this, I've been fiddling around with Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. If you want to play something that has some serious consequences, but at the same time easily drink a beer while playing, this is the game for you. Another game that may be old news to many is Borderlands 2. If you haven't played it, or haven't played it on co-op, you have to pick it up. Playing side by side with a friend is some of the most fun I've had in awhile. When my buddy who I play it with is around, you bet we are kicking some ass.

Basically, if you were like me, then there is hope. You don't have to play the same types of games all the time, and you don't have to focus on one at a time. Branch out, try something new, and don't let a potentially awesome game frustrate you too much. You may start to discover bigger and better ways to play.