• 70 results
Jugglerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jugglerman

I remember seeing a video of Alex joining the new office, but aside from news stories and a review here and there, Alex doesn't appear to have a big presence on GiantBomb since the move to CBSi. I can't say that I watch every single video recently, most of the big live streams (TNT, BLLSL, Wii U Launch) occur when I am at work. Lately he has done reviews for Hitman Absolution & Hotline: Miami and most recently Walking Dead, but none of the Quick Looks included him explaining his perspective on those games. I would love to hear his perspective on those games and banter with the rest of the office. The latest video that comes to my mind is Day 3 of E3 2012. What is stopping him from appearing on the Bombcast?

I know the Bombcast can be a bit crowded with 5 (Brad, Vinny, Jeff, Ryan, Patrick), but is it too hard to switch out a person every once in a while?

Edit: Some ideas from the community.

@pyromagnestir said:

It would be great if they could figure out a way in which Alex could appear occasionally on video's or podcasts. I agree. I wish they would do a "Checking in with Alex" type feature once a week or so where they talk to him on skype about stuff. And I really hope they put some effort into getting him on the GOTY podcasts.

@Master_Funk said:

I think he has to be on for the GOTY stuff since hes reviewed more games than anyone else this year.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jazzycola

He's in New York and the CBSi offices(where GB is located) is in California.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By yoshimitz707

Alex lives in New York he's not in the offices.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dungbootle

He's on the other side of the country, but I guess they could do a skype thing if they really wanted to. Doesn't seem their style though

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Aetheldod

But dues theres tech (AKA Skype) that can make it possible for him to drop a few lines form time to time

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By breadfan

inb4 the Alex hate train rolls on in.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

Aside from the fact that he lives too far away, I'm in agreement with this. More Alex.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jazzycola

@Aetheldod: If they were to do that they would have to record each one on both ends then Alex would have to send his version to Ryan. In which case Ryan would have to sync it to his audio and that would cause Ryan to be more irritable than usual. They did this with the Screened podcast and it usually ended up desyncing. If they didn't do that then the podcast would sound like crap.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Animasta

I think he needs to be in the GOTY podcasts... he reviews too many games not to be involved.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Milkman

I do think that it would be awesome if Giant Bomb flew him to San Francisco for the GOTY podcasts.

Avatar image for gold_skulltulla
Gold_Skulltulla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#11  Edited By Gold_Skulltulla

I'd love to hear from Alex, but 6 dudes talking for 3 hours is too many dudes!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Animasta

@Milkman said:

I do think that it would be awesome if Giant Bomb flew him to San Francisco for the GOTY podcasts.

well he is going to do a top 10 GOTY list so... I would assume he was going there anyway.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#13  Edited By pyromagnestir

It would be great if they could figure out a way in which Alex could appear occasionally on video's or podcasts. I agree. I wish they would do a "Checking in with Alex" type feature once a week or so where they talk to him on skype about stuff. And I really hope they put some effort into getting him on the GOTY podcasts.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By cornbredx

I pulled this colorful picture of a map carpet or whatever and drew on it crudely for representation of why this is unfeasible: 

No Caption Provided
Although I do miss Alex, but at least we still see him occasionally (on special occasions) and get to read his awesome writing still, so all is not lost.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Animasta

@pyromagnestir said:

@fuzzybunny566 said:

what if they just create an Alex twitter soundboard and play an out of context response to any question directed at him?

example: "So Alex, what'cha been playing?" "Cats apparently killed a cockroach while we were out of town. I am very proud of their accomplishment."

let's combine both of these, surely nothing can go wrong

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Animasta said:

I think he needs to be in the GOTY podcasts... he reviews too many games not to be involved.

@Milkman said:

I too would like to see him on the podcasts. I don't think six would be too many people.

Zelnox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Zelnox

Jeff read Patrick’s Bombcast notes last week. Maybe Alex can send in notes too.

DerekDanahy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By DerekDanahy

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

well he is going to do a top 10 GOTY list so... I would assume he was going there anyway.

Why would you assume that? He writes articles all the time without being in the GB studio.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Animasta

@DerekDanahy said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

Why would you assume that? He writes articles all the time without being in the GB studio.

I meant a video, he did one last year even though he was in NY at that point

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah he should at least come out for the GOTY podcast, that would be pretty cool

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By nightriff

@Animasta said:

@DerekDanahy said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

They just spliced clips of him together for his GotY video. He was a ghost in their costume theme.

produceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By produceman

They could Skype him in, but I feel like the podcast would be to crowded. I would still love to hear from him for the GOTY stuff

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Animasta

@Nightriff said:

@Animasta said:

@DerekDanahy said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

They just spliced clips of him together for his GotY video. He was a ghost in their costume theme.

There was also that part after that where he was talking about the games he chose and making body motions that specifically mirrored his vocal intonations

(he was there)

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By nightriff

@Animasta said:

@Nightriff said:

There was also that part after that where he was talking about the games he chose and making body motions that specifically mirrored his vocal intonations

(he was there)

......I don't remember that, I'll have to check that out

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Animasta said:

@Nightriff said:

@Animasta said:

@DerekDanahy said:

@Animasta said:

@Milkman said:

(he was there)

They filmed his talking bits before they'd settled on the, uh, style of the videos, thus they hastily added the ghost bits. At least I believe that's what was said, by someone. At some point in time.

edit: Before he left for New York, I mean... At least I think it was.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animasta

@pyromagnestir: he left for new york in the middle of the year or something.

edit; they specifically mentioned on the shadows of the damned QL that they lived in a post alex world and that was in july

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By colourful_hippie

Yeah fucking seriously. They have the setup to make it work and I wouldn't expect him to be on it every week because of time zone differences but it would be nice to see him make an appearance. I'm going to be pissed if he isn't in on the 2012 GoTY deliberations.

moffattron9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By moffattron9000

@Jazzycola said:

He's in New York and the CBSi offices(where GB is located) is in California.

Just fly him back and forward every week. Gotta use that NCIS money somehow.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#30  Edited By csl316

He used to do the Screened podcast via the internet, which worked.  But the cast crew is large enough as it is.   

I like Alex, but I don't mind seeing him stick to writing since he's probably the strongest writer on the roster (or has the most enjoyable style, anyway).

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By colourful_hippie

@Animasta said:

@pyromagnestir: he left for new york in the middle of the year or something.

And he came back. I'm not sure for what reason because I doubt it was just for the GoTY stuff but they recorded his stuff earlier than the other guys while he was visiting.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Animasta: Ah. Right. Well then he flew out at some point, during which time he filmed the talking bits, and that was before they'd decided on the true nature of the GOTY videos, so it was pretty early in the process. That part I'm sure of.

pandorasbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pandorasbox

I'm not a huge Alex fan, but I do miss him. Hopefully they do fly him out for the goty stuff. Alex is great in small doses.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Winternet

Whenever I can, I jump on the "More Alex" train. So here is my two cents.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Carryboy

They keep going on about getting more staff, if they could get another staff member in New York then they and Alex could do quick looks and shit.

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By daiphyer

@Zelnox said:

Jeff read Patrick’s Bombcast notes last week. Maybe Alex can send in notes too.

I would love to hear Jeff's Alex impressions.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Kyreo

No thanks. I'm no fan of Alex Navarro's voice. He is a fantastic writer... and I'll just leave it at that.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By matt_f606

Just no!

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By joshthebear

Man, I love me some good Alex snarkiness. As far as I'm concerned, the more the better.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By bushpusherr

His snark and constant need to try and be funny works much better in his writing where he actually has time to develop ideas.

When recording audio/video, though, he doesn't have this luxury of time and frequently causes very awkward and uncomfortable moments. It just feels like he is constantly trying to one-up, or hang in there with the funnier guys in the group, constantly trying to make jokes that fall flat much more often than they hit.

I'd much prefer if he just stuck to writing...or just didn't try so hard.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Alex Navarro may not be on the Bomcast, but he'll always be in our hearts.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Slay3r1583

I've said it before and I'll say it again needs to do a "Jars: They're a thing" video series.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AssInAss
@Slay3r1583

I've said it before and I'll say it again needs to do a "Jars: They're a thing" video series.

Why isn't this already a thing?!
StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#44  Edited By StarvingGamer

Nooooooooooooo thanks

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 4

@CornBREDX said:

I pulled this colorful picture of a map carpet or whatever and drew on it crudely for representation of why this is unfeasible:
No Caption Provided
Although I do miss Alex, but at least we still see him occasionally (on special occasions) and get to read his awesome writing still, so all is not lost.

They could just yell really loud.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Maajin

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@CornBREDX said:

No Caption Provided

They could just yell really loud.

Hey! That map is incomplete, there's no Boston or Frontier (which is way bigger than Boston or New York).

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

No thank you. I like his writing, but as someone already pointed out he doesn't do well with the same kind of snark in a live environment. Half of the time I just do not like him when I hear him despite having listened to the Screened podcast regularly, but I can read his stuff just fine. Don't think he's a godsend like some other people, but he works fantastically as the written voice rather than the spoken.

Plus, that'd be a six-man 'cast which is great for something like E3 podcasting, but not for a "serious" discussion.

valiantgrizzly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By valiantgrizzly
@Slay3r1583 "Alex Navarro presents: Jars, they're a thing, I guess, if you want them to be, like, because of course they are."

I do like me some Alex, hope he's on the GOTY podcasts.
impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49  Edited By impartialgecko

I really like Alex, I think it's important that he weigh in on the GOTY bombcast given that he contributes more than half of the site's editorial content.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Gold_Skulltulla said:

I'd love to hear from Alex, but 6 dudes talking for 3 hours is too many dudes!

3 hours, that's short for considering previous GOTY episodes, Alex needs to be flowing down for it. The big GOTY discussion is one of my favourite things about GB.