Club Promoter?

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By fisher81

About a month ago, there was a conversation at the beginning of the bombcast about club promoters. I'm not quite sure which episode this was but I'll look into it. Anyways, I was offered a job as a club promoter and instead of looking it up on Wikipedia (where's the fun in that?), I am asking you, the users of Giantbomb, to inform me of what exactly a "Club Promoter" is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9bf8423af62
deactivated-5b9bf8423af62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's almost obvious.

fisher81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By fisher81

I understand that you're "promoting a club", but how?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9bf8423af62
deactivated-5b9bf8423af62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A club promoter is an individual or company who is hired by club owners/vendors to market an event such as concerts, parties, or live events. Basically, club promoters spread the word and create a buzz for club events.

Vendors are need of club promoters as they help to increase attendance to the clubs and it saves the vendors time and money. The typical marketing method that most promoters use are fliers and posters that they hand out or post anywhere they can in town. But as technology has advanced and more people are moving to social networks, club promoters are finding ways to spread the word through MySpace, Facebook and other social sites.

hai2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hai2u

get ur friends/connections and their friends' friends to spread the word, put up/hand out flyers at popular hangouts in town, put them on cars in the local university and the ones parked in downtown near restaurants/clubs, use facebook/twitter to promote/get hype. also try to get an ad or shout out from a local radio station or hand out some free stuff/tickets to club thru the station, or better yet get the djs to broadcast one of their shows there. i dunno be creative...