Dev focused podcasts (Dave Lang related)

fuzzyset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really enjoyed the Dave Lang dev discussions on this weeks Bombcasts. Are there other podcasts with a specific tilt towards the technical stuff? (I really wanted him to keep going about the PS3 'widowmaker' stories).

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

The only thing close I could think of had Johnny V or Paul Barnett. I can't recall anything that is similar or as entertaining as what Dave talked about in terms of the technical side of game development. Man, I've met Dave last year and when you let him talk about the game dev side of things from his experience, he can get pretty detailed and candid about it.

Ewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

On the Tested Octoberkast Brad Muir went off on Microsoft. The old Irrational Podcasts are pretty candid and Robert Ashley's A Life Well Wasted both have some great insider stories.

Also, Dennis Dyack vs Neogaf on 1UP Yours. Holy Shit how amazing was that train wreck?

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By mracoon

Steve Gaynor of Gone Home fame does a podcast where he interviews other game devs called Tone Control.

Rave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@mracoon: I've got to second Tone Control, it has been very good. Even a lot of Patricks interview dump trucks have more of a developer lean to them.

Idle thumbs get really deep into some of the more minor aspects of what makes games interesting. Although unless you really like those guys and their discussions it might sometimes sound a bit pretentious.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By cooljammer00

On the Tested Octoberkast Brad Muir went off on Microsoft. The old Irrational Podcasts are pretty candid and Robert Ashley's A Life Well Wasted both have some great insider stories.

Also, Dennis Dyack vs Neogaf on 1UP Yours. Holy Shit how amazing was that train wreck?

I remember Brad showing up drunk but I can't picture him going off on MS. This I gotta see.

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rave said:

@mracoon: I've got to second Tone Control, it has been very good. Even a lot of Patricks interview dump trucks have more of a developer lean to them.

Idle thumbs get really deep into some of the more minor aspects of what makes games interesting. Although unless you really like those guys and their discussions it might sometimes sound a bit pretentious.

Idle Thumbs can swing wildly between absurd hilarity, interesting deep analysis of game design, and occasionally tedios navel gazing. It seems to depend greatly on what they're playing. They have been on good form lately, though.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Aegon

Both of the Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight documentaries are up on youtube right now. You learn a lot about game development and how a team works together from watching them at work and what they have to say during the interviews throughout.