Did I miss a part of the best character decision?

alexpiercey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By alexpiercey

I'm fine with Lamar getting the win, but Jeff kind of just stopped the show. They were still discussing the options when Jeff just said "Lamar wins!". I'm not going to do the math for it, but it seemed like there were more people leaning towards the Luteces.

I don't know, I might've just read the conversation wrong but given the complete silence by everyone else at the end, it seemed like they definitely weren't in agreement.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NTM

I guess I'd have to watch it, but Lamar won? Who was in the nominations? Lamar's a funny, somewhat likable character, but against the Luteces? Come on now.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I definitely came out of that discussion pretty bewildered as to what just happened. I feel like a lot of things were said and then somehow one character won and at no point did i have any idea what was going on. it was actually a pretty entertaining 30 or so minutes of nonsense

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Lamar was the correct choice there no doubt.

Hosstile17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Lamar wins.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You mean the part where they gave to somebody other than Joel? I don't know what that was about.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#JusticeForDrippy

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I was pulling for drippy a whole hell of a lot but man.... Jeff was the roadblock that kept that from happening. Although it was sort of Brad's fault also.... he was the one who mentioned Lamar at all.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Sounded to me like Drippy had the most passionate support other than the love for Lamar but Brad conceded simply because he was too tired to dig in his heels on what is ultimately a kind of trivial category. No one was pulling THAT hard for the Luteces.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

@kraznor said:

Sounded to me like Drippy had the most passionate support other than the love for Lamar but Brad conceded simply because he was too tired to dig in his heels on what is ultimately a kind of trivial category. No one was pulling THAT hard for the Luteces.

I'm hoping this means Brad is saving his fighting spirit for another category. It would be great if we got a Minerva's Den repeat.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm still pissed about Mr. Drippy making it over Ellie or Joel. That was some horse shit.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brad was sleepy. I liked it when Alex wanted Trevor in too replace Lamar and Jeff said ''So we replace Mr Drippy with Trevor that is what i am hearing?''

What a classic !

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Ellie/Joel is ridiculous but Lamar as the best is a fine pick, it's that apache blood that makes him shine. 15 minute truck drive with Trevor and Lamar? Yes, please.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

I think he just wanted to get out of the conversation before a Drippy contingent took over the proceedings.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

I think Brad and Alex could have made it a win for Drippy if they wanted to push the issue a bit longer. Sleepy Brad just gave up too easy. Although if they had gone on longer then maybe Joel or Ellie would have re-entered the picture.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lamar was a pretty good character. Probably the best in that game. So I'm not terribly disappointed about how it worked out. Having said that, he'd certainly not be my personal pick for the year.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff, vinny, and Patrick voted for Lamar. Drew for the twins , and Alex and Brad for Drippy.

That seems like a majority to me.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Nah, by that time it was clear that Brad and Alex weren't going to put up any more fight other than to say, "ehhh", over and over again.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RonGalaxy

I think their thought process on best character is that they have to actually like the character. Joel is, arguably, a very unlikable person (I think he's a disturbed sociopath). Though I think Ellie should have at least received a nomination; one of the best female video game characters of all time, IMO.

Edit: Honestly, I think another thing they go by is giving props to as many games as possible. Since they are, obviously going to give TLoU GOTY and they have already given it best story and graphics, they give other games the lesser awards to spread the love. If they didn't do that then the last of us would win every award.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Luteces were the good thing about Bioshock Infinite but Mr. Drippy runs circles around them as far as characters go. Welsh accents are better than British ones. Even fake British ones from Jennifer Hale

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought Luteces were the consensus, so like you I was a little surprised when he said that.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Yeah, I thought it'd be the Lutece's, too.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23 BisonHero  Online

@mosespippy: Ohh, Sleepy Brad. Shouldn't have had that sandwich. What a rascal.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how everyone keep saying things like "Alex and Brad were fighting." "Brad was too sleep to fight." when I fail to hear.

Alex,Brad,Vinny,Patrick,Drew, were fighting or If brad wasnt sleepy he could have bolstered Alex,Vinny,Patrick and Drew's fight against Jeff.

So considering you know maths. Lamar won cos the majority took it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I think I missed the part where they decided to drop all of the good characters and mess with us.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By wjb

I'd rather it have been Joel, Mr. Drippy, and the Luteces, with Joel winning.

I'm not even a huge fan of The Last of Us, but Joel was such a unique character; someone we don't see in games very often. Lamar is fine, but he's such a minor part of the entire story and only funny half the time. Good comic relief for the first few hours and doesn't appear again until the latter half of the story, and by that point he was just obnoxious.

I'm bored with the idea of constantly giving the award to "comic relief" or "characters with personality disorders."

Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I dunno, personally I think the whole "Joel and Ellie aren't interesting characters without each other" thing is complete horseshit. Those characters are both incredible in their own right, and putting them together just enhances their complexity tremendously.

Just because they're more interesting taken as a pair doesn't mean that individually they were weak characters. Bleh.

Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Mighty

@jayeh said:

Jeff, vinny, and Patrick voted for Lamar. Drew for the twins , and Alex and Brad for Drippy.

That seems like a majority to me.

Exactly. Maybe I'm odd or I need to re-listen to the pod but it sounded to me like Lamar (which I agree with) was going to win that one. Drippy, while awesome, wasn't going to take it because I just don't think those guys played enough of Ni No Kuni to offer perspective on it.