• 159 results
#1 Edited by Vrikk (886 posts) -

I do. It's an interesting dynamic with him and the veterans. He's still learning the ropes, and there's definitely be a few weird comments that Jeff could only say, "Huh. Yeah." to, but I enjoy his type of nerdiness and hope he stays around for good.

#2 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -

I think he's less of a nerd than most of the bombcast. He's a very ambitious, out-going person.

#3 Posted by jiggajoe14 (649 posts) -

I enjoy Drew's everything everywhere. The man is a modern day Chuck Norris but more awesome.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Yes, he is better than I would've thought. I enjoyed it more when he would be on randomly from time to time but as a full timer, he is good to great most of the time.

#5 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

I don't find him awkward in the least.

I would actually go so far as to say his lack of awkwardness in his early appearances only served to strengthen my opinion of him as a guy you want leading your zombie apocalypse survivor group.

#6 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

I'm a big fan of his stealth jokes that are super obvious and yet seem to fly over everyone else's head. Drew's a dark one, and I enjoy that.

#7 Posted by spraynardtatum (2607 posts) -

I think his non sequitur are hilarious.

#8 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1539 posts) -

I don't think he's hawkward. Honestly, he's pretty reserved about his life, and with his energy. When you hear things like "going to North Korea" it makes it seem all the more awesome. I can't imagine the crazy shit he's done.

#9 Edited by Vrikk (886 posts) -

I don't know if "awkward" was the right word, but when he's trying to explain something sometimes he either doesn't know how to articulate it, or it sounds like he's nervous to speak up. Maybe he just doesn't have the knowledge that the rest of the crew does but he still wants to join into the conversation how he can. I'm perfectly fine with him though. Cool dude.

#10 Posted by ericdrum (404 posts) -

I don't find Drew to be awkward at all and I love having him on the Bombcast. He is different than the other guys and provides another unique angle.

#11 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2926 posts) -

I don't find Drew awkward at all. Not sure that's the right word for it but I kind of know what you mean.

Only on the GOTY podcast did any of the power dynamics and experience differences rear their heads in my opinion.

Drew's energy is more mature & measured compared to the rest of the Bombcrew and it's sweet. He clearly doesn't talk as much as the others but that makes some sense. Definitely as he continues on the bombcast and shows up in more videos and quick looks he'll get more and more comfortable.

Lots of people are good on camera/podcast but very few of them can just uncork the bottle and go ballistic like Jeff does without losing sleep at night. He's been on video for ages so I think he's super comfortable being himself in front of other people, Drew's got a ways to go still.

#12 Posted by Yusar (13 posts) -

I love that he's on the bombcast, but not because I think he's awkward.

He adds just the right amount of Drew.

#13 Posted by dudeglove (7688 posts) -

Drew is reserved, not awkward. He also comes out with some of the funniest fucking jokes that tend to fly over the heads of everyone in the room. #TEAMDREW

#14 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

He isn't awkward if anything he has gotten better on the mic and in front of the camera since this last summer. Him and Vinny were made for each other. If drew ever moved on before GB dissolves Id be extremely disappointed.

#15 Posted by SSully (4125 posts) -

@dudeglove: agreed! I was dying when he was making the various Predator jokes on last weeks podcast.

#16 Posted by GaspoweR (2807 posts) -

WHAT AWKWARDNESS? SEXINESS IS PROBABLY WHAT YOU MEANT TO SAY!

#17 Edited by Encephalon (1240 posts) -

Drew's great. I think he only comes off as awkward because he's the only one in the room, except sometimes Brad, who thinks about what he's saying before he says it.

#18 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4286 posts) -

I don't think Drew is awkward at all. Maybe on his very very very first appearance on the podcast, but I can't think of a single thing in recent memory that came off as "awkward."

I'm a big fan of his stealth jokes that are super obvious and yet seem to fly over everyone else's head. Drew's a dark one, and I enjoy that.

Also this. He's pretty freakin hilarious

#19 Edited by crithon (3081 posts) -

the man is standing for over 3 hours, I do enjoy how he kinda peeks in his voice like "excuse me, I'm not familiar with this" tone.

#20 Posted by Castiel (2528 posts) -

Drew is not awkward. Drew is awesome!

Also he says some of the funniest shit from time to time.

#21 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

@gaspower said:

INDEED.

#22 Posted by ajamafalous (11850 posts) -

I don't think he's awkward at all.

Also he is goddamn hilarious.

#23 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

Drew is the greatest.

#24 Posted by GValo (196 posts) -

I think Drew is great. I wish he would speak up more sometimes but I get that he has different interests than the other guys.

Like others have said, his stealth jokes are top notch.

"I'm dressed as a speed bump!"

#25 Edited by mjk0104 (191 posts) -

He's great, he has weird, cool stories and often plays different or older games to the rest of the guys. He can tend to be a bit quiet, so you don't hear him all the time like the other guys, but I think he makes a great addition :)

#26 Posted by Flappy (2129 posts) -

Drew Kreygasm

#27 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5235 posts) -

I think misspelled "Awesomeness".

#28 Posted by Ben_H (3311 posts) -

@gvalo said:

"I'm dressed as a speed bump!"

I came here to post that. It was so funny.

His subtle jokes are always the best.

#29 Posted by joshwent (2113 posts) -

@gaspower said:

INDEED.

You got that right. I hope one day I can send my package to his south pole. (wink!)

#30 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

@vrikk:

Objection: Leading the commentor

#31 Edited by LucidDreams117 (378 posts) -

I enjoy Drew's presence.

Period. He seems to me like a quiet kind of guy. But when he does talk, it's awesome. Good guy that Drew.

PS. Can someone please post that gif of him doing that awesome dance during an Unprofessional Fridays. My posting skills are limited. And that dance is just so fantastic.

#32 Posted by Evilsbane (4538 posts) -

Lol whatever Stealth jokes are the best jokes.

He is like a Brad that has the sleepy switch turned off and the adventure switch to the max

Btw love sleepy Brad.

#33 Posted by GaspoweR (2807 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@gaspower said:

INDEED.

You got that right. I hope one day I can send my package to his south pole. (wink!)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH I THINK YOU WENT TOO FAR THERE

#34 Posted by pweidman (2298 posts) -

Not awkward at all. In fact he has some of the best pop offs in every cast. Great addition to the mix.

#35 Posted by LucidDreams117 (378 posts) -

@gaspower: oh man! I've never seen that Cunt mix. Oh wow. That's priceless. Just brilliant.

#36 Posted by MormonWarrior (2541 posts) -

Drew strikes me as the awesome everyman on the podcast. The other guys have been on the inside of reporting and podcasting too long and he kind of grounds them with the stuff he likes. Although, to be honest, his taste in games is basically anything I don't like at all. But still. Drew seems like a genuinely great guy.

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (36013 posts) -

Those first two comments are fucking confusing.

#38 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

I don't think he's awkward at all.

Also he is goddamn hilarious.

This, the guy is probably the most different out of the group, but I like the dynamic that he brings because of it.

#39 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

@joshwent said:

@pyromagnestir said:

@gaspower said:

INDEED.

You mean anal sex right? That's what we're talking about here?

#40 Edited by csl316 (8114 posts) -

I was worried that Drew going full time would be like an awesome SNL skit going feature-length. But who am I kidding, dude's the best.

And the Drew/Alexis bromance is amazing.

#41 Posted by Pr1mus (3811 posts) -

Drew is awkward?

Drew is the best.

#42 Posted by weegieanawrench (1935 posts) -

Drew is the best. He's never not the dopeness.

#43 Posted by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

I Drew.

#44 Posted by Capum15 (4813 posts) -

@csl316: That picture. Pretty sure I've seen it before, and it never gets old.

His stealth jokes are some of the greatest out there.

#45 Posted by ShaggE (6333 posts) -

As someone once said in another thread, he's secretly the funniest person in a crew of ridiculously funny people. (even Brad, usually the straight man. When he throws dark, I'm almost always falling out of my chair. Patrick's nailed some great stuff as well)

He's the perfect background player, and I think he knows it. Look at UPF, for instance: His best stuff happens when the focus is on the others, and it's all the funnier when you just happen to glance over at him and catch him in the middle of a little dance or wordless reaction to a bit.

#46 Posted by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Early Seat-filling Drew was suuuuuuper quiet. He's a natural now. I agree about references sometimes going over my head though. I can usually fake it with Jeff/Ryan's Bay-area references, but Drew's mystery is part of his charm.

#47 Posted by Genfuyung (226 posts) -

The more Drew the better.

#48 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I don't really see Drew as being awkward on the podcast. Andrew Yoon on Weekend Confirmed is awkward. Drew acts more or less like a normal person on a podcast. He's not stumbling and bumbling over his words, but he's also not trying to out-quip everyone.

#49 Posted by MocBucket62 (1154 posts) -

I don't think he's awkward, but I enjoy his presence!

#50 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1523 posts) -

All Drew is good Drew.