#1 Posted by Aegon (5585 posts) -

Whilst listening to the bombcast, there are a ton of references to all kinds of obscure games. The cool thing about the bombcast is that it's hosted on giantbomb.com, the world's largest editable video game database! So a lot of times I just look up the game right here and see exactly what they're talking about. Pretty darn useful. Although I guess I use google if I feel like looking up some weird hip-hop/ rap or wrestling reference. Or whatever other obscure shit they mention.

#2 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

so are you asking if i sometimes use the internet to look stuff up.

#3 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

GiantBomb.com, what's that?

#4 Edited by Aegon (5585 posts) -

@doobie said:

so are you asking if i sometimes use the internet to look stuff up.

Well I can simplify anything like that if you want.

#5 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3346 posts) -

I do that alot. Wiki is a dangerous place, I usually fall in the wikihole every now and then. Once I was looking up information on deforestation of the amazon rainforest, five hours later I found myself looking up info on Batman's utility belt contents.

#6 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

It's a website, about video games

#7 Posted by TobbRobb (4638 posts) -

I usually get most gaming references, even obscure ones. And they tend to go into some detail on the veeeeery obscure ones, so I learn some new ones without searching. Hip-hop and 90s stuff go straight over my head, but I don't really care either.

So no, I don't search up stuff while listening.

#8 Edited by 49th (2753 posts) -

Nope, most of the time I don't get the reference. Sometimes I don't even know what game they are talking about because they only say it once.

I don't listen near a computer so I can't look up anything.

#9 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

@coakroach said:

@Breadfan said:

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@ShiftyMagician said:

@coakroach said:

@Breadfan said:

#11 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

@Breadfan said:

@ShiftyMagician said:

@coakroach said:

@Breadfan said:

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

No, I just get the references, then I get "sad" that I "wasted" my youth.

It's when they dive into weird Bay Area culture that they start sounding insane and incomprehensible to me. Especially the local rappers, what the fuck.

#13 Posted by Nightriff (5074 posts) -

Yup I do that, I just wish they mentioned the name of the game they are talking about more often because I end up missing it quite often, happens probably in every episode

#14 Posted by BillyTheKid (484 posts) -

I usually listen to the casts on my iPod so I do not really want to look the stuff up. Though I do know a lot of what they are talking about in the first place anyways. Until they mention some weird west cost thing I have not heard of, though all my family lives out there.

#15 Posted by Cramsy (1168 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

Yup I do that, I just wish they mentioned the name of the game they are talking about more often because I end up missing it quite often, happens probably in every episode

Holy christ yes. Even if it was just a "that's what I like about Halo 4 bla bla bla"

#16 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

OP - Internet searchin, yall do that?