• 127 results
Posted by The_Nubster (2264 posts) 1 year, 3 days ago

Poll: Do you like mustard? (537 votes)

Yes, on everything that you'd normally put condiments on. 26%
Yes, but it depends on what I'm eating. 49%
Indifferent. 2%
No, I generally don't like mustard. 10%
I would rather blow my brains out. 14%

Hearing Jeff's strong opinion on mustard, I'm curious as to how other people feel about it. is it generally liked or hated? I love it, myself, but Jeff isn't the first person I've heard speak out against it.

#101 Posted by Hector (3365 posts) -

I hate the color and taste of mustard, keep it away from me! Yuck!

#102 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

I mean it's not the worst thing ever, but no, I've never really liked it.

#103 Edited by fisk0 (4291 posts) -

Depends quite a bit on the mustard, regular mustard is incredibly dull, but I'm kinda fond of honey mustard and strong Swedish mustard, and if I can only choose either ketchup or mustard, I tend to prefer mustard on stuff like sausages (though obviously combining the two is preferable).

#104 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2109 posts) -

I dunno, I have not listened to this weeks bombcast, but I would assume that Jeff's opinion on mustard is one of unavailability? I never really got into mustard until I went to a baseball game and my friend Emily was just putting it on everyones hotdogs while tailgating. I am one of those people who don't really complain in those situations and just eat it. It ended up being fairly good.

I personally eat mustard on most sandwhiches that call for it. Like I dunno about mustard on a tuna sub, but it goes great on a turkey sandwhich, a hot dog, ect. Plus it is generally healthier than other sauces you would put on (be it ketchup, mayonnaise or ranch sauce.

#105 Edited by Palmlykta (228 posts) -

Big fan of mustard here. Preferably 'real' mustard. Use it at any chance I get.

Mustard and coffee threads, the GB forums are making me hungry! :D

#106 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Mustard is most definitely on my palate. Well - most everything is. I got a preference for strong mustard. The kind that fries the brains. Also love honey mustard and dill mustard.

#107 Posted by bored_and_agitated (21 posts) -

I used to put mustard and ketchup on my hot dogs, thinking that that's how it was for a reason, that mustard and ketchup were best friends and helped each other achieve maximum yum. Then I tried mustard only on a hotdog, and i discovered the lie, ketchup was holding back mustard all along. I'm strictly mustard only on my hot dogs now, but still use ketchup for like french fries and stuff.

#108 Posted by endoworks (290 posts) -

Mustard is great, ketchup is not.

#109 Edited by Nev (556 posts) -

No. I find it disgusting as hell.

#110 Posted by John1912 (1908 posts) -

Where did the belief that Americans don't like mayo come from? Americans eat a whole lot of mayo.

Not like other countries. Most European counties its there version of ketchup. They put it on everything. They drown they fries in it.

#111 Posted by Deadmanforking (578 posts) -

Yeah Mustard is alright. I don't have it that often. The most I have it is with Macaroni and Cheese, I make the sauce using a little Dijon Mustard.

#112 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (736 posts) -

The only good mustard is the kind that works its way into your sinuses and you end up crying delicious tears.

#113 Posted by fetchfox (1291 posts) -

Love it! Strong sweet mustard on hot dogs or strong dijon type on cold meat slices... Delicious.

#114 Edited by noizy (681 posts) -
#115 Posted by HatKing (6025 posts) -

If you give me a hot dog and it only has ketchup on it, I will throw it in the fucking garbage where it belongs.

#116 Posted by GnaTSoL (836 posts) -

Just regular mustard cause I think it's like the only normal condiment that's healthy enough for regular use. Dijon and Brown mustard are from another planet. Taste like stardust.... The bad kind.

#117 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1226 posts) -

I don't like yellow mustard, needs to be brown.

#118 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

YES. LOVE.

#119 Posted by BatmanBatman (411 posts) -

When I'm making a sandwich I usually put ketchup and Mustard on a spoon and eat it , Dumb & Dumber style....

#120 Edited by Dethfish (3686 posts) -

I don't even want to smell that stuff near my food.

#121 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3196 posts) -

Mustard is essential.

#122 Posted by SomeJerk (3305 posts) -

#123 Posted by RoyaleWifCheese (558 posts) -

Ugh. Fuck no.

I do, however, love Mustard Plug.

#124 Posted by MB (12739 posts) -

@gnatsol said:

Just regular mustard cause I think it's like the only normal condiment that's healthy enough for regular use. Dijon and Brown mustard are from another planet. Taste like stardust.... The bad kind.

This is so ironic...the "regular" mustard you use is probably loaded with ten times more preservatives and sugar than a good brown or stone ground mustard. Man, I need to eat some mustard soon.

#125 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (2902 posts) -

I like all sorts of mustard, that's the key because people who say they hate mustard have only tasted one type.

- Yellow mustard = cookout burgers, hotdogs

- Dijon mustard = sandwich mustard for non-deli sandwiches

- Deli/Brown Mustard = deli food- a must for Roast Beef, Pastrami and Corned Beef unless you go Reuben or Rachel w/ slaw/kraut and Thousand Island dressing. Brown mustard is my 'go-to' table mustard as well.

- Chinese Mustard (Extra Hot) = I don't know who makes it or where it comes from but Chinese food in Boston comes with packets of crazy-stupid strong hot mustard.

Mustard is like wine or beer, there are types that go with certain foods.

#126 Posted by Jolt92 (1559 posts) -

Fucking LOVE mustard. It's one of my favorite things.

#127 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

American Yellow? Nope I rather burn myself with a car lighter then eat that, but a decent beer or honey based mustard I'll slap on just about anything that it's socially acceptable to have it on.