Do you re-listen to old Bombcasts?

• 57 results
Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Poll Do you re-listen to old Bombcasts? (253 votes)

Yup! 75%
Nope. 25%

Well this is simple. Do you enjoy going back to old bombcasts? Re-living days of E3, when news is still new and exciting. Remembering when they used to do energy drink reviews, and the shadiest places to get them. Oh!, and old favorites, like with Sess-Money, or Will Smith. Exzecutable. ~ Well?!

• 
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By toowalrus

Sometimes. If I run out of stuff to listen to one week, I think it's fun to jump back exactly a year, two years, three years etc and hear all of the hot new from the past. I also re-listened to the TGS bombcasts lately, because the Raid on Tokyo can't come soon enough.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I don't even listen to Bombcasts in the first place.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

No. I have hard time to keep up with the current stuff since bombcasts started to last 3hours.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I do now and then when I'm super bored - but it pains me to listen to old stuff when it comes to speculative stuff. Listening to anyone talk about something when you have the hindsight is incredibly annoying.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I don't really ever feel the need to listen to old Bombcasts over again, aside from searching for short snippets that I thought were particularly funny. I guess at the base level, I still mainly use the Bombcast to help me decide if I should get a game or not before I know much about it and going back a year is cool and all but I just don't ever feel the need to.

It seems like it just depends on if you're looking for game information and it's a bonus that the staff is pretty funny/entertaining, or if you're here because of the entertaining staff and it just so happens they run a site about video games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Sometimes. If I run out of stuff to listen to one week, I think it's fun to jump back exactly a year, two years, three years etc and hear all of the hot new from the past. I also re-listened to the TGS bombcasts lately, because the Raid on Tokyo can't come soon enough.

Shit, did they mention anything on the whole going to tokyo thing?

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sometimes I'll go back and listen to episodes with particularly funny moments. It's no different than watching a television rerun, I guess.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toowalrus said:

Shit, did they mention anything on the whole going to tokyo thing?

No, sadly it's just something I've been thinking about a lot lately. Hopefully, now that the PS4 is a thing, they'll make another trip to TGS or something.

Avatar image for chadmasterflash
ChadMasterFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ChadMasterFlash

I've listened to a few of them. Mostly ones that were before my time on Giant Bomb.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Yeah, I walk home for 3 hours a week and if I finished the week's Bombcast early (as in if I finish it the evening it comes out) then I listen to old ones. I really like the 2008 ones. They were pretty goofy.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only been around for like a year, So I am moving through the Bombcast library simultaneously in two directions, It's kind of fun going chronologically backwards, I'm almost into 2011, it's going to take me a year or more at this rate.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Nodima

I'm in the same position as Reisz, I started hanging around the site as recently as...I don't know, August or September or so. Problem is, when the site got flipped over the Giantbomb feed in my iPhone was wiped clean and I wasn't really keeping track of what date I was on in the backlog, nor do I know how to refresh that feed (unsubscribe and resubscribe?) so I'm kind of bummed out I might be stuck in late 2009 forever.

It was a lot of fun for me because I haven't felt like spending much money on games this generation, but I've remained really interested in the trends and games that I sort vaguely remember hearing about. Man, I should try to figure out how to get back on track...but, I added Adam Corrolla to my podcast rotation and he has one every day of the week, so my six hour work day is pretty filled from day to day just off him, Grantland pods, Tony Kornheiser's morning show, Marc Maron's WTF and Mohr Stories.

Now, would I re-listen to ones I'd already listened to? Probably not.

brownsfantb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 30

I'm actually listening to clips of old bombcasts right this very minute. Get out my brain!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Well, because of my own post here, I went back to episode 1. It used to be called 'Arrow Pointing Down,' before number 1 you know.

Dammit!, those energy drink segments, are so-o good!

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do, I have downloaded all of them just for this purpose.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

If I finish an old game I'll sometimes try and see if they talked about it on the bombcast and I'll go back and listen to what they said about it. Normally it just takes typing in the game name plus bombcast into google for something to come up so it's not that hard.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

Not often, but occasionally When I took a short trip overseas last summer, I loaded up my iPhone with GOTY podcasts stretching back several years--it made the monotonous travel quite enjoyable.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure, but that's mostly because i only got hip to their game in dec 2011.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

Nope, I have enough podcasts I already don't have time to listen to.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I've started from the very beginning and am going through them all again. I'm about up to the release of MW2. It's funny how the view of COD has changed since MW2.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last year I started listening to all the old bombcasts from the beginning. I've caught up since then, but every once in a while a go back to listen to the E3 and GOTY podcasts.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Yep. Often times I just want sound going on in the background so I'll turn on a random bombcast while I work.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#23  Edited By wwfundertaker

Ive probably listened to the first 2 years worth of podcasts at least 3 times.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Last year I listened to every single one, took about 10 months, I want to do it again but slower so I can enjoy them more but I go back and listen to my favorites, Johnny V, GotY ones, MGS4 Spoilercast, Ryan's a NARC, etc. I also go to youtube and listen to a lot of bits that were great. Dave on last week made me go back and listen to the EVE BCs where they talk about the game.....now I really want to play EVE....

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I listen to them on constant rotation when I am playing games. I've probably listen to every bombcast between 2009 to now at least 3 or 4 times. I also listen to new bombcasts at least twice as I'm not really concentrating on them and miss a few things. It's become a problem where I get easily bored in games when I am not listening to the bombcast.

NoMoreMutants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NoMoreMutants

I think its fine to go back and listen to the GOTY ones, Saints Row The Third Vs. Skyrim never gets old to me! I've also gone back and listened to old stuff when I'm thinking about buying something from that time period. For example, I've been thinking about getting a 3DS lately so I've been listening to podcasts around the launch of the console.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matthew: Gatorade Tiger?! Hahaha. ~ I was just listening about, when they first tried TV's for the old offices. They wanted 3 TV's and Costco's like, wha??

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

If I finish an old game I'll sometimes try and see if they talked about it on the bombcast and I'll go back and listen to what they said about it. Normally it just takes typing in the game name plus bombcast into google for something to come up so it's not that hard.

I do this too but they aren't always so easy to find. I recently finished Persona 4 Arena and I remember Vinny commenting about Labrys' accent. I can't find the episode. I've listened to the episode where Jeff talks about the game (and him smashing his finger in a door making the review difficult to write) and I've listened to the 4 episodes after that and it seems Vinny hasn't talked about it yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No. Life's pretty short and time is precious.

I rarely listen to the bombcast's as it is (and even when I do they're background noise), so there's absolutely no chance I'd go back to older ones.

Ain't nobody got time...etc.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Yeah I mean its the same as rewatching a favorite movie or something.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nope. I used to then i started to lose track of what was said in what episode. I'll listen to the newest episode a few times if I'm doing something on my pc and need some background noise, but that's about it.

bchampnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was working on a pretty boring project a few weeks ago and took that opportunity to jump into the Bombcast time machine to help the day go faster. I downloaded some of the game of the year podcasts because I figured that those would give me a sense of what was going on with the crew back then (I only started visiting the site and listening to the Bombcast frequently in 2011). Project ended though so I'm back to only listening to the current ones.

If the Bombcasts were formatted and archived in such a way that you could jump to the point in the episode where they're discussing a particular game or topic I would be more likely to revisit old episodes.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By louiedog

Yep. They go great with work around the house that prevents me from paying enough attention to keep up with a new podcast, but where I still need to occupy my brain with something else.

Chibithor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_ said:

I do now and then when I'm super bored - but it pains me to listen to old stuff when it comes to speculative stuff. Listening to anyone talk about something when you have the hindsight is incredibly annoying.

Yeah, even recently I was listening to a podcast late and because it was recorded before the PS4 reveal it was weirdly annoying to listen to it.

HarlechQuinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope, although I've all episodes archived. If I want to listen to older Bombcast stuff I'll use the awesome "This Year Collection" retrospectives.

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm currently on October 29th's podcast from last year. Almost time to roll back over to the Arrow Pointing Downcasts (again). Haha xD

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Absolutely, yes!

I even created itunes playlists for the bombcast so I can shuffle them and get random bombcasts to listen to.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't say I listen to entire episodes of past podcasts but I peruse around on youtube frequently for choice gems people have uploaded, huge shout out for 'thepunishert' on youtube for that, they seem to have a great roundup, one of my favs -

Loading Video...

Also the animations people put together are great -

Loading Video...

And of course what Steve 'Lemon' did with the Bombinations (can't find his account on GB to @ him, did he close his account? :S)

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i do. but i always put it onto 1.5X on my iphone so it speeds it up a bit.

makes it sound like they have been on helium or something.

Max_Cherry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah.

dooscent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do, listening to people who share my tastes (well... compared to the mostly women in their 50-60s I have to work with), makes working easier. I'm not even paying attention to it that much, but hearing someone (Ryan) sometimes yell out "VIDEO GAMES!" is a lot more enjoyable than listening to Linda and Carole talk about what their mid-30s daughter is talking about on Facebook. Or Survivor. God the Survivor conversations. God, the Survivor conversations... HOW CAN A SHOW BE SO ENTHRALLING WHEN IT WAS PERPETUALLY BETTER THE YEAR BEFORE, BUT YOU NEVER REALLY LIKED THE FIRST TWO SEASONS. HOW. TELL ME. PLEASE.

But yeah. After I listen to it the first time, I use it as a background noise to shield myself from my world environment. Less so with the E3/PAX stuff -- there's something about the sound quality (in that I can always hear someone breathing) that makes my eyes twitch.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer old NDXes. Can't get enough of The Ricker.

Mrsignerman44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mrsignerman44

No, and that's the problem with video game podcasts in my opinion. It just seems weird for me to hear all of this speculation on an old game especially if it turned into a stinker. Some people enjoy that though,so to each their own. I do enjoy watching old quick looks however.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah, I like the old ones, with just Ryan and Jeff.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only time I listened to an old episode of the bombcast was when the new site launched and the itunes rss feed was all fucked up.

nerdsbeware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've on occasion gone back to the start and listened all the way up to the current podcasts. There is something awesome listening to them talk about games prior to their release back then, and knowing what happens post release. All the GTA IV stuff when the podcast first launched was great, and slowly hearing everything come together with Alex, Brad and Vinny popping on and off, is pretty fun to listen to.