#1 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (931 posts) -

Earlier in the day Jeff mentioned that they might or might not use the idea of a video Bombcast. Then I remembered that the CNET podcast studio is a shared room. So does this mean that the 2-3 hour Bombcast might get cut down to 1 - 1.5 hours because other podcasters use that same room?

I could be totally wrong and they will get their own room but from the way Jeff said it in the stream this morning, it sounds like they will be using the CNET podcast studio.

#2 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Well whenever they get to the 3 hour mark it seems like theyre always restless...

#3 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (931 posts) -

@the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG: Seems like Jeff just said on the stream that they are looking into it. So I guess it's not going to change.

#4 Posted by Doctorchimp (4063 posts) -

@IrrelevantJohn said:

Earlier in the day Jeff mentioned that they might or might not use the idea of a video Bombcast. Then I remembered that the CNET podcast studio is a shared room. So does this mean that the 2-3 hour Bombcast might get cut down to 1 - 1.5 hours because other podcasters use that same room?

I could be totally wrong and they will get their own room but from the way Jeff said it in the stream this morning, it sounds like they will be using the CNET podcast studio.

They just delivered a fucking 3 and a half hour podcast without an office from a kitchen table....

What do you think?

They are aware the fanbase is going to be a bit uneasy for the merge, so I'm sure they'll make sure the bombcast stays the same way it has been for 4 years.

#5 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

It won't.

#6 Posted by therealnelsk (267 posts) -

Jeff has actually specifically said more than once that they simply need to deliver longer podcasts, it's part of the GIant Bomb identity, and that that the team absolutely will do so.

#7 Posted by Buman (32 posts) -

@Milkman said:

It won't.

#8 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

I'm very much sure that the bombcast will be the normal length. Or it better be, at least.

#9 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (931 posts) -

@Doctorchimp: Well doing a 3 hour podcast in someones house doesn't exactly say much but Jeff did say they are looking for a place for a 3 hour podcast so that's good news.

#10 Posted by Gaff (1493 posts) -

Gamespot might be a bigger site, but I don't think they use the podcast room all day, the entire week? Also: there's a thing called a schedule.

#11 Posted by AjayRaz (12390 posts) -

no

#12 Posted by BrockNRolla (1702 posts) -

They better not.

But I see no reason why they would.

#13 Posted by zombie2011 (4941 posts) -

no

#14 Posted by mm665 (407 posts) -

No.

#15 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (925 posts) -

@IrrelevantJohn said:

How many sites share that space? I mean there are 40 hours in a work week, Giant Bomb using up less than 10% of that time seems perfectly manageable.

#16 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (931 posts) -

@Gaff: That's true but there's also the CNET tech site as well but as long as they stay true to the original site then I'm happy and I hope most people will be too. Hopefully it won't be like the good old GS days where they get kicked out for over staying in the studio lol.

#17 Posted by Nux (2211 posts) -

No it will stay the same, Jeff said as much in todays pancake video.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (22720 posts) -

Nope.

#19 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

The bombcast will stay the way we know it.

#20 Posted by Mcfart (1426 posts) -

I remember recently on the hotspot they mentioned that the podcast would be shorter because another team needed the room afterwords.

It really depends. I think it'll be like this: If they're scheduled for 2 hours, then they'll rarely go above that, since others will likely need the room afterwords. That means that we'll get the normal length, but no surprise 3 hour podcasts anymore.

#21 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

99.99% sure it won't change.

#22 Posted by Ares42 (2445 posts) -

Ehm, haven't Giantbomb shared a podcast room with tested and screened for the last year or so ?

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5686 posts) -

They're going to rename it the GiantSpot. So yes it'll change and only have people from Gamespot on it.

#24 Posted by ShadowConqueror (2994 posts) -

No?

#25 Posted by Shun_Akiyama (490 posts) -

Jeff just said on the stream to the gamespot guy "Look we have to do 5 hour long podcast and get devs drunk. end of story"

#26 Posted by biscuitsandtim (22 posts) -

I think that comment was about PAX if I heard right. But I think they'll be able to accomidate the awesomely lengthy bombcast. Well, I hope so.

#27 Posted by cutyoface (525 posts) -

Probably not.

#28 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1175 posts) -

He said that he demanded that they be able to record super long podcasts.

#29 Posted by bombastius (48 posts) -

I Really hope that they will not be cutting any content on the bombcast. I Love the long talks on that show and would actually wish for less editing out of the topics, they are the best when they rant on. That said, when they are part of a larget business that business will eventually start looking on where they can shave of costs and increase profits as a whole and it might be the bombcast getting cut down to make work hours more efficient, It would be easy to spin that as a value add also if you'd add the video content and all that. That said , the calculations might turn out that the bombcast is really profitable and something else needs to be shaved instead and so on , you never know but i think there's a possibility and i can see the spin of it.

#30 Posted by ThePantheon (676 posts) -

Does this mean we're getting "Gamespot special guests" now on the Bombcast or quick looks, etc?

Please god no?

#31 Posted by Marokai (2637 posts) -

Changing the length and format of the Bombcast is one of the dumbest first steps they could make after these announcements.

So it's possible.

#32 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (931 posts) -

Well whatever makes them happy and comfortable I'll support it. I have supported Jeff and the crew since the early days and I can see that they are prepared to give us the best content possible. Good luck to them and their future.

#33 Posted by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -

They shared a poddcast room with 3 other sites ill thok they will manage

#34 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

No, Jeff said it wouldn't

#35 Posted by LordAndrew (13990 posts) -
Giant Bomb isn't the only Whiskey Media site with a podcast. They've managed to cope thus far, and I'm sure they'll continue to do so.
#36 Posted by Fallen189 (4921 posts) -

I wish it was shorter

#37 Edited by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

I hope they change it at least a little. Their pacing is kind of weird. They talk for two hours about "watcha been playin" and then they try and cram everything else into twenty minutes. The "new releases" segment is totally pointless, and I wish they would spend more time reading emails because I think some their best stuff comes from that section.

#38 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

Like a few others have been saying, they've been sharing a podcasting room with Tested, Screened and Comic Vine for how every many years. I should think (hope) that nothing about the format will change.

#39 Posted by NTM (7034 posts) -

Even if it does, I don't think it'll hurt.

#40 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2101 posts) -

@ThePantheon said:

Does this mean we're getting "Gamespot special guests" now on the Bombcast or quick looks, etc?

Please god no?

This, basically I think the only person I would ever allow over is Giancarlo, but thats because he was cool back in the day, and just recently went back. Everyone else, stay away... for the love of god.

#41 Posted by TentPole (1858 posts) -

@ThePantheon said:

Please god no?

Jeff said that only Tom McShea would be appearing on the bombcast.

#42 Edited by Grimace (374 posts) -

@TentPole: I really hope that's a joke.

#43 Posted by Little_Socrates (5650 posts) -

@Nux said:

No it will stay the same, Jeff said as much in todays pancake video.

Yeah, he specifically stated that when the negotiations began that they would need to be able to do three hour podcasts.

#44 Posted by Cloudenvy (5890 posts) -

@Grimace said:

@TentPole: I really hope that's joke.

I think we all do.

#45 Posted by ShaggE (5987 posts) -

They'll just outsource it to GameBomb.ru. No biggie.

Aside: ... Why does GameBomb.ru not have a podcast?

#46 Posted by kishinfoulux (2078 posts) -

@Soapy86 said:

I hope they change it at least a little. Their pacing is kind of weird. They talk for two hours about "watcha been playin" and then they try and cram everything else into twenty minutes. The "new releases" segment is totally pointless, and I wish they would spend more time reading emails because I think some their best stuff comes from that section.

This. I hate new releases. I'm glad they got rid of the Nintendo download stuff (even though it was kinda funny), but the new releases really needs to go so we can get more emails.

Also I think everyone is being too negative about having guest Gamespot guys on Quick Looks and the podcast. Nothing wrong with mixing it up. Give them a chance.

#47 Posted by LordAndrew (13990 posts) -
People fear change. But Giant Bomb is more likely to have an impact on GameSpot than the other way around. "Guys? We need to use the podcast room to record the HotSpot." "Too damn bad. We're busy recording a twelve-hour Bombcast."
#48 Posted by oobs (327 posts) -

well as they said in the video they can do podcasts from anywhere. Even dave's kitchen.

#49 Posted by DazzHardy (629 posts) -

I'll go out on a limb here, and say, since they recorded a Bombcast in Dave's kitchen, that they've got the gear to do a Podcast whenever they feel like it, so, I'm gonna say no.

#50 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

Daily 3 hour podcasts, or I'm out.

Also, more easy chili recipes.