#1 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -
#2 Edited by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Nope!

Edit: After listening to the last 2 bombcasts I think I may have been a little harsh on Patrick. I wouldn't mind him becoming a permanent member now.

#3 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

He can replace Brad. He's too mopey and doesn't seem to give a shit half the time.

#4 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

Yep!

#5 Posted by rflx (577 posts) -

Maybe?

#6 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4976 posts) -

Sure. Hearing him on the live stream was fine. He knows his shit.

He did do a crappy "That's what she said", though. So -5 cool points.

#7 Edited by omghisam (300 posts) -
@rflx said:

" Maybe? "

How about he walks in after the "Hey Vinny..." segment, spits the news, drops the mic and walks out?
#8 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

Possibly?  I don't want him to replace anybody!

#9 Posted by BetonneTom (113 posts) -

I do not even know the guy! and the crew will probably do what ever the fuck they want, and that is how it should be. 

so sure, why not put him on there, ill even give him 3 weeks to adjust, no big deal. 

but why have a poll, when 90% of dudes has never seen, heard or read the dude? 

#10 Posted by Warihay (483 posts) -

As long as he does not replace anybody, sure!

#11 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@BetonneTom said:

"
What?
#12 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" @BetonneTom said:

"
What? "
#13 Posted by TerraDelu (501 posts) -

I'm 50/50. I like Patrick, but I wonder if 5 people on a podcast at once is too many? I certainly don't wanna replace any of the existing guys, but I wouldn't be opposed to a rotation... maybe.

#14 Posted by blackblade500 (162 posts) -
@BetonneTom:  I don't know about you but I have known who he was for a while now, back when he was with G4
#15 Posted by BetonneTom (113 posts) -
@CL60: Ha i expect i used to much dudes in my sentence! never a good idea!

the point was, is that altough he is pretty well known in the game news biz, a lot of people have no idea what to expect from patrick. 
i have no idea, so why would you ask an opinion this quickly?
#16 Posted by Sooty (8082 posts) -

Not really, I prefer having the odd guest from time to time.

On the flipside 5 could mean a longer podcast in general since an extra person has to speak about what they've been playing. But that could mean they have to cut down other segments if they have a time limit. (I don't think they do though)

#17 Posted by Mesklinite (807 posts) -
@BetonneTom said:
" I do not even know the guy! and the crew will probably do what ever the fuck they want, and that is how it should be. 
so sure, why not put him on there, ill even give him 3 weeks to adjust, no big deal. 

"
This
#18 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4638 posts) -

Yes. I've been watching him on Feedback forever and the dude knows his stuff. IMO, he's fits just as well as everyone else on the Bombcast. Of course I don't want him to replace anyone, but having a permanent or occasional 5th member wouldn't hurt anything.

#19 Posted by Marz (5658 posts) -

too many voices on the podcast already.   He'd be ok to fill in for one of the main guys if they are on vacation or something.

#20 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5146 posts) -

I haven't heard him in any podcast, so I don't know.

#21 Posted by htr10 (341 posts) -

this may not be the most popular opinion, but i think he should replace jeff, ryan, and vinny.
#22 Posted by Skald (4369 posts) -

Not if it means less textual news stuff.

#23 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

Sure, I want an extra half hour so they can discuss what they did over the week. And only one e-mail read, too, while they're at it.

#24 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -
@htr10: 
That's like women switching places with bears, it's crazy talk, unless you would rather have sex with a grizzly bear.
#25 Posted by agony (51 posts) -

Of course not, after that "omg listen to me! listen to me! I am louder than anyone else!" part on the GDC podcast. I had enough :I

#26 Posted by Sjosz (485 posts) -

I would like a sampler before answering the question.

#27 Posted by ViciousReiven (821 posts) -

Who?

#28 Posted by Droop (1910 posts) -

5 is too many.

#29 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

No.

#30 Posted by Ramone (2975 posts) -

He's pretty much guaranteed to be on if not this week's podcast then next week's so I'll judge after that. I wouldn't want him to replace anybody though.

#31 Posted by elcalavera (344 posts) -

Yes! He's cool.

#32 Posted by ptc (621 posts) -

Yep.  It would be a crime if we wasn't on the bombcast.  Not to mention an enormous waste of talent.

#33 Posted by Sin4profit (2952 posts) -

i like affirmed answers over broad speculation.

#34 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

my gut reaction is no. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

#35 Edited by MattyFTM (14417 posts) -

Five people seems like to many, and I don't want any of the current cast to drop out, so no. I would love him to become a regular guest though, with him tag teaming in once a month or something like that. Although if they can make it work with 5 people, that's cool too.

#36 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

#37 Posted by ThePickle (4186 posts) -

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The second they replace or add a new member, we're done. The fab four of the Bombcast cannot be more perfect. 

DO NOT WANT. 
#38 Posted by SpartanAmbrose (834 posts) -

I think the Bombcast could definitely use a new regular member. Give Patrick a chance!

#39 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2416 posts) -

I dreamed last night that he was going to replace Brad on the Bombcast.

Yeah, I'm a sad person.

Anyway, I don't think there should be more than 4 people on the Bombcast at any time, except at events (and even then, I don't really like it). And there's no current host I would want to replace.

He should be on at least once, but I'll have to go back and listen to the one he was on to see if I like his podcasting style.

#40 Posted by EndlessObsidian (477 posts) -

I don't think they will "add" him to the show. I have watched Patrick on the 1UP show, Area 5's shortly lived CO-OP and G4's Feedback. The man knows video games and is a very good speaker, I wouldn't mind him popping on the Bombcast every now and then.

#41 Posted by deadly_polo (471 posts) -

I think I'll listen to him on it (I would guess he'll be on this weeks) and then make my mind up, it'll probably allow them to change the people a bit more, and one guy work for 3 hours on a Monday once a month instead of doing the Bombcast.

#42 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

I say give him a shot. If he clicks with the crew's chemistry, then yeah, make him a regular. Though I've only heard him once on a Weekend Confirmed podcast, so I can't really say what it would be like.

#43 Posted by fox01313 (5081 posts) -

After seeing Patrick enough on G4's video podcast Feedback for quite some time, I think he'd do fine. Not sure if he wants to all the time but I'd at least like to see him in on the bombcast like other rare GB visitors (Dave, Drew, Alex).

#44 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -

I know nothing about the guy, so YES.

#45 Posted by TheKing (844 posts) -

Maybe an occasional guest.

#46 Posted by Icemael (6339 posts) -

No.

Now Dave, that's a guy I'd like to participate in the Bombcast more often.
#47 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

I think five is the maximum number of people that should be on a podcast at any one time. Four is great and three feels like you're missing someone. He'll probably be on this weeks Bombcast so let's see how that goes first.

#48 Posted by Jimbo (9869 posts) -

Don't know him at all.  Abstain.

#49 Edited by Marokai (3062 posts) -

Pretty firmly opposed. Five people would be pushing it, replacing someone would be ridiculous, and if they ever had guests, they'd end up with six people talking at once. I think 4 with the occasional guest is more than enough.

Patrick would fit on the bombcast only if:

1. They make the bombcast longer to accomodate an extra personality while maintaining the same time they spend for everyone else.
or 2. Patrick is just a semi-regular/ occasional guest when there's a vacant seat.

Otherwise I really don't like the idea.

#50 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

Put him on his own podcast so I can try it out, then shrug my shoulders and unsubscribe. It'll be like the old days at 1up and Level5.