#101 Posted by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

I've never heard this dude speak.

Where do I hear him speak?

#102 Posted by Slaker117 (4835 posts) -
@ProfessorEss: He was on the GDC podcasts this year.
#103 Posted by Krixok (156 posts) -

Never.

#104 Posted by shadyspace (457 posts) -
@Claude said:
" I would do him. Might be a trip. "
hahahah
#105 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -

Yeah. I really dug him on Feedback, and think the news segment would be a lot more cohesive and filled with more, you know, news if he was included. While I think five people would still work, four is probably best for a well-rounded discussion, and I'd be fine with a rotating cast. I don't think the Bombcast loses anything when one of the guys is out on assignment, so I doubt much would be lost if one decided to take a bye-week.

And frankly, Brad is asleep for most of the podcast anyway. So pop Brad in to talk about what he's played, and pop him out. The magic of editing. Problem solved.
#106 Posted by Brendan (7667 posts) -

I picked yes because I'd like to give him a chance, and a little spice to the podcast every so often would be a good thing, even if he isn't on regularly.

#107 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

watch feedback from G4, great show, he was their news person and was their when he was breaking all of the Infinity Ward stuff.

#108 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -

I can't make a call until he does it once...this poll would be better to make after he guests for a few times. Personally I'd rather see Dave (as a PC gamer) or Drew (as awesome) as regulars first; they've been there for awhile and every bombcast they're on is awesome.

#109 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@shadyspace said:
" @Claude said:
" I would do him. Might be a trip. "
hahahah "
You know...for kicks.
#110 Posted by Rek503 (123 posts) -

Really? I don't see anything wrong with Patrick joining, and don't really see the point of this thread.

#111 Posted by Diabloshadow (263 posts) -
@Marz said:
" too many voices on the podcast already.   He'd be ok to fill in for one of the main guys if they are on vacation or something. "
This. Occasionally on yes, but not regular, too many people, but maybe his own newscast? Definitely.
#112 Posted by Miningguyx360 (324 posts) -

wait, why is this coming up? I feel out of the loop for some reason.

Anyway i did like Patrick on Feedback (G4 Video Podcast) and certainly enjoyed his reviews but again is this a thing that might happen?

#113 Posted by project343 (2809 posts) -

Regular member? I'd say no, but as a frequent stand-in, certainly.

#114 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

I would love this guy to pop up in a bombcast now and then even to fill in spots when one of the big four are out on assignment.  However I personally prefer him not to replace someone permanently at this point in time.

#115 Posted by Mattalorian (594 posts) -

Nah. Patrick is a super-cool guy, but the current Bombcast repertoire is just about flawless. 5 voices is too much, and I really wouldn't want to see anyone get replaced.

#116 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

I'd like a regular 4 person bombcast. I don't mind who is involved yet. I'd love to have him on a couple times though. Perhaps he should fill gaps? Or they should surprise us with a team of 4. Basically I don't want too many voices, but I don't want Mr. Klepek left out

#117 Posted by bybeach (4703 posts) -

I do not think he is here to replace anybody per se as to rather develop the demension GB felt it should be covering in a AAA way but obviously wasn't. It's nobody's fault, or if it was, it was GB's lack that it now is trying to rectify. Brad Nicholson was doing probably exactly what he was hired to do, but the news coverage needed to revamp several orders of total change with a whole new approach. I understand this, and that is going to be Klepeks sphere of endeavor. It's I'm sure a full time job.

This has probably been a pretty intense thing to put forth, justify to whiskey Media, and make happen. I suspect I  know the level of professionalism they wish to reach, to be on par or better than the News Departments of other top notch Gaming sites,  I do hope this is the result of Klepek's hire and wish him and GB, and Whiskey Media, the best.. I also hope this goes in a positive fashion for GB staff , and seeing how whiskey Media has acted in another matter, I do not think there is rude news to be anticipated. Jeff won't find his belongings in the hallway tomorow,..again.

#118 Posted by DystopiaX (5291 posts) -
@Diabloshadow said:
" @Marz said:
" too many voices on the podcast already.   He'd be ok to fill in for one of the main guys if they are on vacation or something. "
This. Occasionally on yes, but not regular, too many people, but maybe his own newscast? Definitely. "
Would rather have a video news thing than a podcast news thing.
#119 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

Why are internet nerds so afraid of change?

#120 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Sure, why not?

#121 Edited by Skytylz (4025 posts) -

Yeah, he is awesome in podcasts.   I'd rather have him on their than Brad.... I don't know if I should say that.  I love Starcraft 2.

Heres some somewhat recent stuff of him with Sessler:

#122 Posted by Kandycane2029 (511 posts) -

Snide or die.

#123 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Maybe i have been living under a rock but i have no idea who klepek is, maybe i will vote after i hear him a few times on the bombcast

#124 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -

I liked him on this weeks, but his audio quality was bad. I don't know if they can handle 5 simultaneous podcasters. 

#125 Edited by Stefan (519 posts) -

I wanna give him some time before I make my final decision. That said I'd prefer Dave regularly though I get that this is out of the question.

#126 Posted by shiptoncraig (149 posts) -

I don't really mind.  He wasn't obnoxious (and his prescence wasn't obtrusive) on the latest Bombcast.

#127 Posted by Pabba (308 posts) -

Yes! Why does he have to replace someone? Can't they all just be one big, happy family?
#128 Posted by bkbroiler (1604 posts) -

I really thought he added something great to the Bombcast this week, so I don't mind if they put him on permanently. Maybe 5 people is too many, though. Some parts got pretty crazy with people talking over each other.

Either way, I'm good with what GB decides.

#129 Posted by T0mF5 (928 posts) -

Absolutely!

#130 Edited by AndrewB (7450 posts) -

The only reason I'd say no is because 4 people on a podcast is treading the line between too many, and 5 is easily too many. Should be one of those swap-ins based on who's the most busy though.

I'd also miss Dave if he became the default go-to for someone on IR.
#131 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -
@TerraDelu said:
" I'm 50/50. I like Patrick, but I wonder if 5 people on a podcast at once is too many? I certainly don't wanna replace any of the existing guys, but I wouldn't be opposed to a rotation... maybe. "
Kinda this. I like the idea of him joining but it increases the chance of people talking over each other and general chaos. Ah screw it throw him in there why not.
#132 Posted by ALavaPenguin (182 posts) -

Yeah I wouldn't mind cause he doesn't over talk.  He kinda reminds me of drew, staying silent quite a bit and just adding a bit here and there.  If he over talked than no.

#133 Posted by Lelcar (597 posts) -

I think it would be awesome if Patrick became a regular on the Bombcast. It would add a fresh perspective/opinions and it already seems like he remembers the details of games and events a lot more vividly than the others. His youth is definitely a bonus as well. I also hope that he likes games that the Giantbomb crew does not like; it would add more to the podcast and the website. Specifically if he likes Final Fantasy, that would be amazing. (I know Rorie does, but it doesn't seem like he'll ever join Giantbomb.)

#134 Posted by OtakuGamer (1223 posts) -

Not as a regular.

#135 Posted by Malphye (413 posts) -

Yes, do it.

#136 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Who said no!!! Why is it like 50%!!! What is wrong with you lot he was fine!!!

#137 Posted by KarlPilkington (2678 posts) -

I thought he was good on this weeks Bombcast.

Maybe the conductor needs and assistant as well?

#138 Posted by p_p_o_d (543 posts) -
dont mind him.  

I feel like the bombcast is in need of a reformat.   (dont get me wrong love the bombcast... but a little change would be welcome)

maybe having Patrick on board will spice things up a bit but I think they have to go and come up with a new running order and new segments.

maybe that will happen in a few weeks when they redo the music and art like they do every year around this time.   
#139 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -

I thought he was really good on this week's episode.  As far as I'm concerned, they can add him as a permanent fifth chair and it will be for the better.

#140 Posted by TEAMHOLT (437 posts) -

I voted no, but after listening to the last Bombcast I would change my vote if I could. I'd be fine with him being a regular.

#141 Edited by NeoUltima (226 posts) -

He's great. But I think 5 is just too much people.
Quite a dilemma.

#142 Posted by Marokai (2790 posts) -

I don't understand the amount of people saying he was really good on the bombcast yesterday. He barely said anything until the news section. What exactly did he do to impress people? Barely talk?

#143 Posted by Subjugation (4716 posts) -

I don't care either way. If they bring him on though, they better fix his mic. He sounded like a poorly tuned radio station.

#144 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

if they have enough mics, im fine with it
he didn't detract anything from the bombcast

#145 Posted by Cornman89 (1579 posts) -

Sure. This week's 'cast was a bit hectic, but I think they can work the kinks out.

#146 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1765 posts) -

Sure. He seems like a really awesome guy and I enjoyed him on the latest Bombcast.

#147 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Definitely not.

Never been a Klepek fan and five hosts makes things so needlessly crowded.

If it ain't broke don't fix it, too many cooks, etc.

#148 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4518 posts) -

I think Patrick clicked well with the crew and he wasn't silent or afraid to jump in with a well-informed opinion (thinking of the BradN guest spot here, where he said all of five sentences in two hours). I like him, and I think this latest Bombcast was probably the funniest one in a good while.

#149 Posted by EuanDewar (4690 posts) -
@Ygg said:
" Not really, I prefer having the odd guest from time to time.On the flipside 5 could mean a longer podcast in general since an extra person has to speak about what they've been playing. But that could mean they have to cut down other segments if they have a time limit. (I don't think they do though) "
They seem have to some sort of desire to keep it from going into the 3 hour mark which could be tough with a whole new segment.
#150 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

Sure!

Naysayers are being too closed-minded, imo.