#301 Posted by sungahymn (1018 posts) -

Patrick is a great guy and all, but I prefer the original team.

#302 Posted by SgtGrumbles (1024 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
He can replace Brad. He's too mopey and doesn't seem to give a shit half the time.
Leave Bradney alone.
#303 Posted by Esten (143 posts) -

I think it's great when he fills in the empty space when one of the regular four is absent. 
Like a lot of you have said, we do not want to spoil the great chemestry that already is. 

However, I was sceptical when Brad and VInny joined as well, and I couldn't possibly have been more wrong!  

Partick is a great guy.

#304 Posted by Intro (1207 posts) -

I wouldn't mind if he did I suppose.

#305 Posted by benpicko (2010 posts) -

Yes he's great.

#306 Posted by Jiggah (308 posts) -
@Esten said:
I think it's great when he fills in the empty space when one of the regular four is absent. Like a lot of you have said, we do not want to spoil the great chemestry that already is.  However, I was sceptical when Brad and VInny joined as well, and I couldn't possibly have been more wrong!   Partick is a great guy.
Why would you even be skeptical about Brad and Vinny?  All four of them have been do this stuff together way before Giantbomb.  It's also why I'm confused people getting all uptight about Alex doing stuff for the Giantbomb site, he is also part of the original crew.

Patrick fits in well and is extremely knowledgeable.  If not for the entire ~2 hours, the very least he could do is jump in for the news section.
#307 Posted by Esten (143 posts) -

@Jiggah: Thing is, before Giant Bomb, I didn't listen to The Hotspot. In fact, I didn't listen to any podcast. I only watched the liveshows (On The Spot).... yeah, stupid, I know.

For some reason I didn't know who Vinny was, and Brad I only knew from the shows. The main reason I went to Gamespot was because I enjoyed Jeff's reviews. I really started to get into Gamespot around E3, the summer before most of the crew left. So basically I followed them here, and I've loved every bit of it.

I guess I'm just scared of everything new (was for Patrick at the start as well), but for every member that has joined the WhiskeyMedia crew since Jeff and Ryan the experience has only gotten better! Really liking Patrick now aswell. :)

#308 Posted by VoshiNova (1694 posts) -

@omghisam said:

@rflx said:

" Maybe? "

How about he walks in after the "Hey Vinny..." segment, spits the news, drops the mic and walks out?

I may have just pee'd

#309 Posted by Pomegranate (17 posts) -

I think he is awesome, his HAIR!

#310 Posted by awe_stuck (800 posts) -

I dont know who Pat is...

#311 Edited by localshop (11 posts) -

Don't mind him jumping on the podcast occasionally, but would still prefer Alex (not much chance now) or Dave to be a stand in if one of the regulars is out. 

Ps Brad puts the rad in Brad.

#312 Posted by zameer (606 posts) -

I'd personally love it if he was part of a rotating stable of semi-regulars, along with Alex, Dave, Drew, Coonce etc. The original four have a nice dynamic that works well so it wouldn't make sense to remove one of them

#313 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Patrick is great, but they definitely shouldn't be messing with the original team.

#314 Posted by Kadayi (185 posts) -

I thought he was more a benefit  than a hazard on the podcasts he's been on so far, so I'm good with him becoming full-time. I'd rather have 5 voices dropping down to 4 occasionally when someone's out on assignment rather than 4 to 3 mind.

#315 Posted by Wodkaredbubu (30 posts) -

Nope. Never change a winning team. Feels odd already when listening to Podcasts where one of the four regulars is missing. If they would have to fill a seat once in a while get Dave, Alex or maybe Norm or Will. Would be more entertaining in my humble opinion.

#316 Posted by lawlerballer (204 posts) -

follow your heart

#317 Edited by Loose (419 posts) -
@omghisam said:

How about he walks in after the "Hey Vinny..." segment, spits the news, drops the mic and walks out?

I'd actually like something like this. Klepek is much better at running down the news than anyone else on the 'cast, but he doesn't necessarily have to be around for the full duration every week.
#318 Posted by kishinfoulux (2361 posts) -

I like when Alex swings by though that won't really be happening anymore. As for Patrick I like him in the substitute teacher role, filling in for any of the regulars who may be absent.

#319 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

I don't need to hear Patrick but I don't have any problem with him being there.

Keep inviting him on when there's news-related stuff to discuss.

#320 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

OFF TOPIC: Why did Alex move to the East coast? 

And yes I would like Patrick on, he is far more insightful then Brad and he doesn't just quote other peoples opinions from other websites and forums, instead he has his own well thought-out opinions.

#321 Edited by Sander (414 posts) -

Imagine it's late November and all the AAA titles are upon us and there's just so much to talk about... adding another voice in the bombcast will make it way overcrowded, busy and diluted. 
If it's a slow time, like this week, he would be good. 
He definitely has the news chops so bring him in at the end.

As for Brad the Bombcast needs him because he balances it out by being mellow and not attempting wisecracks and jokes every moment. Not that wisecracks/jokes are a bad thing, it's just that the cast has plenty of that. 

#322 Posted by kishinfoulux (2361 posts) -
@nail1080 said:
OFF TOPIC: Why did Alex move to the East coast?  And yes I would like Patrick on, he is far more insightful then Brad and he doesn't just quote other peoples opinions from other websites and forums, instead he has his own well thought-out opinions.
I could be wrong but wasn't it so they could have a Giant Bomb guy over there to cover events for them?
#323 Edited by Peanut (954 posts) -

No. I didn't like Patrick  when he'd show up to sound like an uninformed kid on an episode of 1up Yours and I don't like him now, despite him getting his shit together. Every time I press play on a QL and hear his voice I immediately turn it off.