• 51 results
#1 Edited by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

Does anyone else zone-out while listening to the Bombcast? 

I have a habit of zoning out during the Bombcast and I have to back track to catch things I've missed. 

#2 Posted by TurboMan (7605 posts) -

I listen to bombcast while going to sleep... I fall asleep halfway through, then listen the next day and remember everything they said throughout the entire show... it's weirdly relaxing.

#3 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5841 posts) -

I don't listen to the bombcast, but I have similar experiences when listening to other stuff.

#4 Posted by audiosnag (1604 posts) -

I listen at work and my actual job is brainless enough that i can focus on the cast.
Works out pretty well.

#5 Posted by ajn19103@smartneighborhood.net (9 posts) -

This happens to me every time, similar to turboman, i listen to them before i go to sleep, except i can only get threw about 20 minuets before loosing track. so after 20 minuets i just turn it off and go to sleep. Its a good way to spread it out threw out the week, makes it last longer.

#6 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

Now and then. I'll miss a joke sometimes and rewind, but never really a zone out. I save that for Talkradar.

#7 Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef (55 posts) -

Yeah... but I usually drink 8 pints a night, and I live in the UK which means the Bombcast doesn't pop up till 2-3am.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@Romination said:
" Now and then. I'll miss a joke sometimes and rewind, but never really a zone out. I save that for Talkradar. "
Yeah, I miss a lot of jokes and there are times where I forget what game they're talking about.
#9 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @Romination said:
" Now and then. I'll miss a joke sometimes and rewind, but never really a zone out. I save that for Talkradar. "
Yeah, I miss a lot of jokes and there are times where I forget what game they're talking about. "
One of them I remember was them talking about something in sports games. They called it 'the new sweat' and then Ryan says "You know what else is the new sweat. Hitler" and everyone loses it. I never really understand.
#10 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

I will listen to the podcast 3 or 4 times so yeah I zone out....

#11 Posted by Tophar01 (143 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @Romination said:
Yeah, I miss a lot of jokes and there are times where I forget what game they're talking about. "
Yea, there are days at work where I end up having to pause it a lot and will lose track of what they are talking about
#12 Posted by Bakumatsu (362 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" Does anyone else zone-out while listening to the Bombcast?  I have a habit of zoning out during the Bombcast and I have to back track to catch things I've missed.  "
Same thing here.
#13 Posted by Finstern (643 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" I listen to bombcast while going to sleep... I fall asleep halfway through, then listen the next day and remember everything they said throughout the entire show... it's weirdly relaxing. "
Ditto cept I usually fall asleep during Wiiware release, which is the loudest part :\
#14 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

I generally don't.  I do do other things while I listen (like homework, or grading), but I always pay attention.

#15 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -
@TurboMan said:
" I listen to bombcast while going to sleep... I fall asleep halfway through, then listen the next day and remember everything they said throughout the entire show... it's weirdly relaxing. "
this 
#16 Posted by InfamousBIG (3212 posts) -
@Axxol: I fap to the Bombcast.
#17 Posted by PerryVandell (2106 posts) -

Yep, I was listening to the bombcast last night while playing Persona 3, and was thinking how to defeat this enemy and realized I wasn't listening to the bombcast. It gets annoying having to replay it but it isn't a big deal.

#18 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

Sort of. I generally browse the web, iron my shirts (it's a long process) or play some light games like Spider Solitaire or Spelunky when I'm listening to it but since my mind can't be at two places at once I tend to miss most of the conversations. I jump back though so it's no real problem.

#19 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

I don't rewind but I definitely miss some of the stuff they talk about. Usually when they discuss a game I have no interest in/know nothing about.

#20 Posted by MKHavoc (1307 posts) -

Sometimes, but never for more than a few seconds.

#21 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

Definitley. I usually end up going back a bit when I hear charmingly garrulous laughter.

#22 Posted by GradiusCat (23 posts) -

I find that is im reading something, say longer than a paragraph, i notice for like a second that my hearing sorta shuts off for a minute while im reading, then either ill remember that im listening to something or some one on the bombcast with shout something then i'll snap back.

#23 Posted by mcwingstar (76 posts) -

Occasional bliss-outs at brad's voice are not uncommon.

#24 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Sometimes. I usually wake up and start replaying it when some of them starts laughing though.

#25 Posted by Vitor (2823 posts) -

Yup - Usually about half way. I use it for either my commute time or when at the Gym and my attention span isn't great at the best of times. Usually zone back in around the new releases/news section. 

Love the Bombcast enough to go back and listen to each episode a second time more often than not though - just to catch up on what I may have missed.

#26 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

I play Bad Company 2 while listening.  Does wonders for my performance.  Scored 18k last round.

#27 Posted by CitizenKane (10507 posts) -

I listen to it while surfing the forums here.

So I Giant Bomb while I Giant Bomb.

#28 Posted by Darksaw (315 posts) -

Yeah. Happens fairly often if I have something important on my mind.

#29 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -
@CitizenKane: I'm sure there's an Xzibit macro in there somewhere...

I listen whilst gaming on steam, in which case I sometimes zone out, but that's normally during my "re-listening" to the back catalogue. But normally, I listen whilst on the train/bus. It'sall I have to concentrate on, can't zone out from that.
#30 Posted by ThePickle (4186 posts) -

When I'm in bed and ready for sleep, I start to zone out. 

#31 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" ...there are times where I forget what game they're talking about. "
This happens to me ALL the time. I'll start thinking about something else and then I'll have to try to decipher what game they're currently talking about using clues from the discussion. It's not a fun game. Almost makes me wish they had something that would tell you the current topic if you looked at the screen of your iPod. If it's 2010 and that's not possible then we've failed somewhere along the way.
#32 Posted by Milkman (17035 posts) -

All the time. I have to review sometimes when I'm just like "Wait, what game are they talking about?"

#33 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -

sometimes, when I have to read something.

#34 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

Yeah, I definitely zone out. Then I usually realise I have no idea what they are talking about anymore and have to rewind or try and work it out.

#35 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

Zoning out is why I don't bother listening to Podcasts. I just can't focus and if I just sit there listening, I feel bored and unproductive.

#36 Posted by rjayb89 (7726 posts) -

I zone out to Stuff Mom Never Told You.

#37 Posted by Nunchuckles (195 posts) -

I listen to the bombcast while I'm driving, so I do tend to zone out sometimes.  But I definitely zone out whenever they talk about anything music game related.  I'm more than done with rockband and dj hero and all that other crap.

#38 Posted by Undeadpool (4960 posts) -
@Axxol: I listen to it when I'm out walking (used to when I was commuting to work...then I got wrongfully fired), so yeah, I sometimes zone out. But that just makes it better when I inevitably listen to it a second, and sometimes even third time.
#39 Posted by Aronman789 (2682 posts) -

I zone out, and then remember what they said. Except for when I fall asleep.

#40 Posted by VirtuaXav (450 posts) -

I zoned out somethin' chronic during the latest Bombcast, I'm listening to it again now. Properly this time.

#41 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

Yeah. I listen to it at school during lunch. Everyone knows that on Wednesday, I won't be available. 

#42 Posted by Robinson (173 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @Romination said:
this
#43 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Yes.

#44 Posted by natetodamax (19212 posts) -

Only when they're talking about something that doesn't interest me.

#45 Posted by excido (200 posts) -

When they talk about rockband or guitar hero I zone out.I usually listen while working or running and randomly find that I have no idea what game they are talking about.

#46 Posted by Gamer_152 (14091 posts) -

Only when I'm doing something else at the same time like playing a game or reading.

#47 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

Yup. Always happens. I can never just sit and listen to the podcast, so I put it on while playing a video game or browsing the Internet and then I forget the Bombcast is even on after a while. 

#48 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

I can just put it on and have it playing in the background. It's weirdly relaxing. Also yes, I can totally zone out. Happens to me sometimes when reading aswell.

#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

I tend to zone out during new releases for Wii Ware and DSi Ware, but only because the words are essentially fluff, and the fun is in hearing Jeff's wacky voices. I hear them, but literally never remember any of the games, or what they are about. Few exceptions though, like the saucepan man joke. 

#50 Posted by jollygreenranger (6 posts) -

I have it happen occasionally especially when im reading something on the internet, my brain just totally looses focus