Dont you just hate other podcast's absolute opinions...

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Plasma

Won't name names, but many podcasts just state facts like opinions, mimicing the fanboys they'll constantly laugh at.

Example, they say adding face button controls to Fight Night is what it should have had when it was released, and everyone was missing it, completely ignoring the skill based element that makes the online better...

Anyone else enjoy the different opinons on the bombcast, like the contrast between Jeff's strong opinions, with the others offering different ones?
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Fallen189

But they DO have absolute opinions.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cspiffo

If you can't stand their OPINIONS then don't listen to them.  There's no sense getting mad about it though.  I find that I learn more from people that have the opposite opinions of my own.  What do you learn from someone who always agrees with you?

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bretthancock

I still enjoy the podcast you are referencing but without "man god" it has really gone downhill.  I started listening about a month before they went under and he brought almost a bombcast quality to the show.  Now they just kind of sit around and argue for the sake of arguing.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dany

When I was listening to that, it was bothering me that they were stating that OPPINION as fact when it is not. They do that to many times on that podcast where I just fast forward til they stop talking about that subject only to go on another subject where the same thing happens.

sarahsdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By sarahsdad

I may have fast-forwarded through that part, since I don't have Fight night, and don't know that I'll ever be interested in spending the money on it, regardless of the controls.
But.
Wouldn't someone have to be a bit slow to not realize that these are the opinions of the people doing the show?
For example, when Jeff says Cobra is the best movie ever made, does that give you the same feeling of wrongness because he's stating his opinion as fact? Or do you brush it off because he says it in sort of a joking way, where maybe he doesn't really mean it? (I've never seen Cobra, I wouldn't know)

AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AURON570

well... everyone is entitled to their own opinion. when listening to podcasts, reading news articles or listening to the news it's up to the listener/reader to seperate fact from opinion.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Milkman

I hate when people say "stop stating your opinion as fact". I don't know what people expect. Do you expect that everyone has to say "IMO" before everything they say? No, if someone says something they are going to say it because that's what they think. Just because you can't deal with other people opinions doesn't mean that they have to baby you and make sure they don't upset you by stating their opinion.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dany

I don't mind them stating their opinion but its just when they state it as fact, as if the entire community and everyone listening to their podcast agree's with them. That is the mistake of those podcasters to not be able to differentiate those two is what bothers me and believing they are correct and anyone who disagrees is wrong.