E3 09 Day 2 Podcast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By EpicSteve

It was both one of the better, and worst bombcasts ever, but not the fault of Jeff, Ryan and Brad. The lady from Gamasutra (forgot her name, sorry) brought up a lot of interesting topics, but Goddamn off topic too much and went on too long.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EpicSteve

Does she ever leave? I thought she said she had to go...but she's still there!

DBZ_Fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DBZ_Fanatic
Leigh Alexander and yes I can't believe she is a journalist. If I wanted to hear a girl whine and complain about what she wants I'd call my ex girlfriend
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Vinchenzo
dr_katz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By dr_katz

Listening to that I just realized, Ryan's passive aggressiveness is fucking comedy gold.

musdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By musdy

Once again another bad epsidoe with guests.

Godlovesugly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Godlovesugly

I really liked it, I thought Leigh Alexander brought up some really good points..maybe she was a little drunk and went off on some points but basically everyone else there just wanted to shoot the shit with the guys and  that would've been boring. She was really passionate about the games she liked, the same as with the Giant Bomb guys if you think about it Jeff: second life people are bad people (Which I agree with haha).
I saw in the other thread  a mod had to close the thread because people were being pathetic and bad mouthing Leigh which is a shame because I'd like to see more of her on the bombcasts.

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By samcotts
@Vinchenzo said:
" Not sure why you made a new thread. Since she already has a thread, and I believe you posted in it. "
This one was created first I believe.
KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By KindGalaxy

She was good I felt, really enjoyable and fun podcast. They were all kind of under the influence, but she was clearly enjoying her AlcoPops more than others; which nothing is wrong with. It was a great podcast, and she was great, and everyone was great, offtopic is fine; I read the articles already and just love the jokes in the podcast more than anything. Fucking great E3 podcasts, 1, 2 and 3. Plus she needed to piss at the end of Day 2 or 'excrete petals from her navel' which sounded hot.

Edit: and Wow... people called her a "Loudmouth Cunt" on her blog after this podcast... Christ. Internet never fails at the hate.
EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EpicSteve
@Vinchenzo said:
" Not sure why you made a new thread. Since she already has a thread, and I believe you posted in it. "
We both posted at he same time. When I refreshed the forum topics, I saw that guy posting.
batVomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batVomit

My god, listening to her voice and incessant off-topic yammering made me want to stab myself in the ears with a ice pick.  Day 3 was a a million times better w/out her...  Regardless, someone should have reigned in the off topic discussions and taken the Spark out of her hand.  If i was at E3 with energy drinks and alcohol, i probably would have been hopped up like little girl at a Jonas Bros concert too.  I actually signed up at the GB just to make sure that this was noticed, but i see that it's gone way farther than that.

zzkidzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By zzkidzz

overall it was a good show, with the exception of that girl. she needs to STFU. she kept talking over everyone. it's the first time i've fast forwarded a bombcast, hoping she would be gone

PacManFevaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By PacManFevaa

I would like to have her on the Bombcast again, just sober next time.

Listening to the Bombcast I felt like she thought she was better than everyone there because she was a girl. She said that she was one of a kind being a girl who likes video games and anime. Her apology and reading some of her responses to the comments on her blog makes me think she understands a lot of the complaints about what happened. I believe that if she was on again, with a smaller group of people and less alcohol, she would have good points to make and could be interesting to listen to. I did get confused, though, when she talked about how she can't get into any romances in video games because it's always through the perspective of nerds and therefore it's an unrealistic portrayal of romance, but then went onto say how Resident Evil needs more romance.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By keyhunter

She was right about everything she did say, spot on really, however her delivery of what it is she said was less than savory.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought she was a great guest. I agreed with her on everything she talked about.
I dont really understand all this "hate" about this particular podcast. It was very enjoyable.

Bawabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bawabus

She was frustrating. There were some interesting things she was saying, but she would not let anyone else talk. There may have been even more insightful conversation had anyone else been able to get more than a sentence in. She went for way too long about the brilliance of Kojima, the Virtual World Stuff, and Resident Evil when what she said could've been summed up in much fewer words.

If she was in some sort of altered state, okay; I understand that maybe she couldn't really think clearly, but that doesn't give her an excuse.

I won't say I didn't enjoy parts of it, but she took up entirely too much of the time.

I really wanted Ryan to carry on an argument with her; he was the person that seemed willing to give counterpoints to all the crap she was saying.

P.S. The MGS4 narrative being a metaphor for Kojima's experiences developing the game was cool, not brilliant. It was heavy handed even -- just like everything else that man does.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bawabus said:
" She was frustrating. There were some interesting things she was saying, but she would not let anyone else talk. There may have been even more insightful conversation had anyone else been able to get more than a sentence in. She went for way too long about the brilliance of Kojima, the Virtual World Stuff, and Resident Evil when what she said could've been summed up in much fewer words.If she was in some sort of altered state, okay; I understand that maybe she couldn't really think clearly, but that doesn't give her an excuse.I won't say I didn't enjoy parts of it, but she took up entirely too much of the time.I really wanted Ryan to carry on an argument with her; he was the person that seemed willing to give counterpoints to all the crap she was saying.P.S. The MGS4 narrative being a metaphor for Kojima's experiences developing the game was cool, not brilliant. It was heavy handed even -- just like everything else that man does. "
I didn't have a problem with here talking a lot. It was quite interesting what she had to say about Home and all the virtual stuff happening.
But whatever
Bawabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bawabus

I'm not arguing that point. I thought some of it was interesting, indeed.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Milkman
"note to people with opinions on our day 2 podcast: we get it. you loved/hated it. moving on!" - Ryan

Can we please listen to him and stop making these threads?...
bartholomew999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By bartholomew999

Somebody lock this stuff.  It's becoming stoopid.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TwoOneFive
I think people were being total assholes and bashing her so much. 

Even though she rambled on drunk wayy too much, she brought up some great points about Sony and Microsofts motion controls. Which pissed off a lot of 360 fanboys. And the resident evil point was great! The mgs stuff was insightful---Sure all of this was totally off-topic. Her thoughts on Home were great. 
Yeah, she was annoying when she would shut up and let someone else speak but she wasn't that bad. 
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Hamz

Had plenty of this stuff by now.

Locked.