Posted by Glix (14 posts) -

So I was not expecting much from E3, but Nintendo really let me down. I wanted to be salivating for a WiiU after the show. They showed me nothing that made me desperate for their new hardware. Still, the Mario game looks pretty sweet, and I'll give anything from Kamiya a chance. Thinking about it now, Platinum and Nintendo could be a good pairing, as Nintendo needs more edgy stuff, and Platinum needs money and freedom. I am incredibly excited that Fire Emblem was officially confirmed for a US release.

Sony and MS were more of the same, I can't believe how "meh" I was on stuff like God of War. I loved God of War 3, but I guess I feel fatigue at this point. I played through the HD releases right before three, and I'm just done with it.

Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Vs are kind of the sad last nail in the coffin of the traditional Japanese development process. FFXIV too. So sad.

I just finished listening to the GB Day one podcast. I was so glad when Jeff said "Its a shooter where you hide IN FRONT of the cover". I love some of the stuff that has come out of the indie game movement, LOVE it. But the Cards against humanity guy came off like a total hipster doofus. I'm sure that game with the dots is very pure and fun... but so is Virtua Tennis and it is also beautiful. (Disclaimer, I'm talking about the original VT). I thought Jaffe made a ton of good points. PS hipster dude - The show would be a lot more depressing without any of the big pubs there, I promise.

#1 Posted by Glix (14 posts) -

So I was not expecting much from E3, but Nintendo really let me down. I wanted to be salivating for a WiiU after the show. They showed me nothing that made me desperate for their new hardware. Still, the Mario game looks pretty sweet, and I'll give anything from Kamiya a chance. Thinking about it now, Platinum and Nintendo could be a good pairing, as Nintendo needs more edgy stuff, and Platinum needs money and freedom. I am incredibly excited that Fire Emblem was officially confirmed for a US release.

Sony and MS were more of the same, I can't believe how "meh" I was on stuff like God of War. I loved God of War 3, but I guess I feel fatigue at this point. I played through the HD releases right before three, and I'm just done with it.

Last Guardian and Final Fantasy Vs are kind of the sad last nail in the coffin of the traditional Japanese development process. FFXIV too. So sad.

I just finished listening to the GB Day one podcast. I was so glad when Jeff said "Its a shooter where you hide IN FRONT of the cover". I love some of the stuff that has come out of the indie game movement, LOVE it. But the Cards against humanity guy came off like a total hipster doofus. I'm sure that game with the dots is very pure and fun... but so is Virtua Tennis and it is also beautiful. (Disclaimer, I'm talking about the original VT). I thought Jaffe made a ton of good points. PS hipster dude - The show would be a lot more depressing without any of the big pubs there, I promise.