• 60 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Meliv (79 posts) -

It's been a while since the guys did an energy drink review I believe. Let's try and get some suggestions up! Personally, I'd like it if the guys reviewed some obscure energy drinks from Europe/UK. All I can ever find is Red Bull and its countless knockoff products

I'm going to suggest this:

caption












Kind of a Red Bull knockoff but in a bigger can and a bit more of a citrus taste

Hope this thread gets some results :)
#2 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

I can't remember what it was called, but I tried this range of Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla flavour energy drinks, they were terrible.

#3 Posted by MissileWarriorz (264 posts) -

maybe monster but the different flavors 

#4 Posted by Manks (836 posts) -

All the flavors of Monster.

#5 Posted by jtickner1 (116 posts) -

Red Eye. Best energy drink ever. It tastes so nice, tis the nectar of the Gods.

#6 Posted by BoG (5185 posts) -

Apple juice!
I've actually read that simply eating an apple provides you with more energy then a cup of coffee. You ought to try it out, it doesn't rot your teeth as much as an energy drink will.

#7 Posted by jtickner1 (116 posts) -
BoG said:
"Apple juice!
I've actually read that simply eating an apple provides you with more energy then a cup of coffee. You ought to try it out, it doesn't rot your teeth as much as an energy drink will.
"
I've heard that also, eating an apple is better at waking you up in the morning than a cup of coffee. Great to know I'm not going insane and imagining things.
#8 Posted by Dakota (248 posts) -

I would suggest trying Beaver Buzz (Many flavors). Good luck finding some unless your from Canada though!

#9 Posted by nubsway (45 posts) -

1. Monster coffie flavors
2. Noz. new flavors
3. every flavor of Amp.
    They are the better energy drinks to me.

#10 Posted by ToRo (209 posts) -
HazBazz said:
"I can't remember what it was called, but I tried this range of Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla flavour energy drinks, they were terrible.
"
Chocolate? That must taste weird.
#11 Posted by XDSniper (4 posts) -

tc, me and a friend tried that drink, tasted quite similar to red bull but damn i couldnt drink all of it!!

#12 Posted by FengShuiGod (1478 posts) -

Steven Seagall has an energy drink called Lightning Bolt. Every time I see it in my local grocery store I chuckle a little.

#13 Posted by Meliv (79 posts) -

I noticed that it contains a lot more liquid than you first think :P Good value for money though. It's cheaper than a large can of Red Bull and it has more liquid inside it, plus it works better than Red Bull

#14 Posted by DJ_Lae (629 posts) -
Dakota said:
"I would suggest trying Beaver Buzz (Many flavors). Good luck finding some unless your from Canada though!
"
This! I even offered to ship them some down back when the bombcast first started, but I never received a response. Maybe they were too afraid of the inevitable jokes that would ensue upon opening the cans.
#15 Posted by logson (521 posts) -

NoDoz + alcohol

#16 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

Monster, and NOS isn't to bad either.

#17 Posted by Dalai (7002 posts) -
#18 Posted by JonDavis (611 posts) -
BoG said:
"Apple juice!
I've actually read that simply eating an apple provides you with more energy then a cup of coffee. You ought to try it out, it doesn't rot your teeth as much as an energy drink will.
"
What a buzz-kill. ;)
#19 Posted by albedos_shadow (1485 posts) -

I'm trying to send in some of these that I found in an FYE, sitting neglected.

caption
#20 Edited by Link2312 (19 posts) -

i'm thinking Mother and i think its just called Superman or something or it might be superman energy... but because i live in Australia they could be hard to find in the US mother is hard to find in the US... Jeff, Ryan, Brad and Vinny... I challenge you... i DARE you to get a mother and taste test it on the podcast its a really different taste to the likes of red bull and V (do you guys have V in the US lol)

EDIT:
I'm serious about this guys lol heres some pics

The Can Variety of Mother
The Bottle Variety
#21 Posted by Dj (913 posts) -

Either Monster ( My personal favorite ) or Bawls.

#22 Posted by jtickner1 (116 posts) -
FengShuiGod said:
"Steven Seagall has an energy drink called Lightning Bolt. Every time I see it in my local grocery store I chuckle a little.
"

I want that drink so much! I haven't seen it anywhere though, doubt you can get it in Australia :'(
#23 Posted by RebelLoyalist (208 posts) -

Red Bull it gives you wings lol

#24 Posted by Masc0t (69 posts) -

Venom Energy Drink

caption

#25 Posted by wizzardjeff (172 posts) -

monsters ftw

#26 Posted by Masc0t (69 posts) -

NOS Energy Drink

caption

#27 Posted by Vigorousjammer (2483 posts) -

Vitamin Energy, from the makers of vitamin water...

#28 Posted by killerjt (137 posts) -
When I went to boy scout camp, we would walk to a small store that sold peach floats.  They took Peach Nehi soda and put it over ice cream; much like a root bear float.  A 12oz can has over 50g's of sugar.  That is more than a Mouton Dew!   This has to be one of the greatest things to hit my mouth. This store also sells Blue Nehi. 

 http://www.

Hear is a list of other Nehi sodas.  You can contact the store and they may be able to get you some of them.

  • Dr Nehi
  • Nehi Chocolate
  • Nehi Root Beer
  • Nehi Berks County Root Beer
  • Nehi Lemonade
  • Nehi Wild Red
  • Nehi Grape
  • Nehi Orange
  • Nehi Peach
  • Nehi Strawberry
  • Nehi Blue Cream
  • Nehi Ginger Ale
  • Nehi Fruit Punch
  • Nehi Pink Lemonade
  • Blueberry Nehi
P.S. You should start revering sodas on the website. Make a database of sodas and have likes to where you can perches the sodas.  The listeners at home want to try this stuff.I love the show.  Keep up the good work.


#29 Posted by Masc0t (69 posts) -

I'd love a review on the Jimi Hendrix

caption

#30 Posted by John_FN_Seiler (11 posts) -

Duff Energy Drink *It s simpsons energy drink that taste like Mountain Dew Livewire*

#31 Posted by bread_or_decide (136 posts) -

There's a drink called "5 hours of energy". No crash afterwards and it comes in a small bottle. I took it for when I went to the 2am Imax showing of The Dark Knight. I was 100% awake the whole time. Not so much as a doze or anything. Worked great.

 

 

#32 Edited by svcheats1 (141 posts) -
caption
#33 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

try this stuff.
GURU
they even have a fancy site in flash!

#34 Posted by UrbanGuerilla (103 posts) -

I saw an ad on tv for a drink called Kalashnikov, I think its available in the UK. The ad made it seem awesome though!

#35 Posted by KillerKahuna (153 posts) -

How about this ?
RedBull & Cola

caption

#36 Edited by Met2609 (555 posts) -

I saw this crazy stuff at the local general store called Neuro Fuel. It promises increased sexual proficiency. That's def. worth a try.

#37 Posted by KillerKahuna (153 posts) -
Met2609 said:
"I saw this crazy stuff at the local general store called Neuro Fuel. It promises increased sexual proficiency. That's def. worth a try.
"
you mean this ?
#38 Posted by MattyFTM (14348 posts) -

Never tried this one, but my friends have, and it has to take the award for the greatest energy drink name ever:

caption


















Pussy: Natural Energy. GREATEST NAME EVER!!!!!!!

Moderator
#39 Posted by MichaelScott (193 posts) -

Hopefully they have a drink segment tonight. <.<

#40 Posted by President_Evil (185 posts) -

Bawls ftw.  Both Cherry and original flavors are a must for energy drink aficionados.

#41 Edited by President_Evil (185 posts) -
bread_or_decide said:
"

There's a drink called "5 hours of energy". No crash afterwards and it comes in a small bottle. I took it for when I went to the 2am Imax showing of The Dark Knight. I was 100% awake the whole time. Not so much as a doze or anything. Worked great.

 "


Dude, I had one of those before work the other day and it totally "got on top" of me.  It was also surprisingly viscous and bad tasting X-[
#42 Posted by SteepInKline (161 posts) -

Raw Dawg is pretty good.....

#43 Posted by Meliv (79 posts) -
MattyFTM said:
"Never tried this one, but my friends have, and it has to take the award for the greatest energy drink name ever:
caption


















Pussy: Natural Energy. GREATEST NAME EVER!!!!!!!
"
I totally want to put that to my lips
#44 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

Can people post links as to where we can get some of these drinks?  I'm intrigued :D

#45 Posted by Hughes (398 posts) -

Gay Fuel.

#46 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1405 posts) -

I like Redbull...

#47 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

RedLine Xtreme Energy Drink!
Remember the redlines they had a few casts ago? Well, the made them even more borderline illegal, by adding an X to the tile and a few more ingredients I've never heard of on the bottle.
http://www.amazon.com/Redline-Xtreme-Energy-Drink-Triple/dp/B000QCP90S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-3632449-2032143?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1217339465&sr=8-2

"No other product in the world gives you the mind and body-altering experience generated by Redline Ready to Drinks and Redline Liquid Capsules.By triggering precise brain chemicals, the all new Redline Xtreme utilizes a novel scientific approach to ignite energy and also fire up fat loss to an even greater extent than original Redline. Consequently, Redline Xtreme induces an even more intense Freeze and Burn sensation while also making your entire body quiver with innovative muscle energetic compounds. You have to try it to believe it!"

As someone who on a rough weekend night shift will go through three bottles of original strength, with the associated side affects, this scares the piss out of me.

#48 Posted by coletrain (18 posts) -

they need to find some cocaine (energy drink) and it that crazy shit up

#49 Posted by Orange (206 posts) -
Masc0t said:
"Venom Energy Drink

caption

"I've had that before, it's not bad. Tastes like Monster...

#50 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
Mrnitropb said:
"RedLine Xtreme Energy Drink!
Remember the redlines they had a few casts ago? Well, the made them even more borderline illegal, by adding an X to the tile and a few more ingredients I've never heard of on the bottle.
http://www.amazon.com/Redline-Xtreme-Energy-Drink-Triple/dp/B000QCP90S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-3632449-2032143?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1217339465&sr=8-2

"No other product in the world gives you the mind and body-altering experience generated by Redline Ready to Drinks and Redline Liquid Capsules.By triggering precise brain chemicals, the all new Redline Xtreme utilizes a novel scientific approach to ignite energy and also fire up fat loss to an even greater extent than original Redline. Consequently, Redline Xtreme induces an even more intense Freeze and Burn sensation while also making your entire body quiver with innovative muscle energetic compounds. You have to try it to believe it!"

As someone who on a rough weekend night shift will go through three bottles of original strength, with the associated side affects, this scares the piss out of me.
"
Bought a 4-pack of these at apothecary (I love that word) for freakin $13. Each bottle defiantly hits harder than the original formula, but the side effects didn't seem quite as pronounced. Did get a bit jittery though, but no chills.