#151 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Honestly I think if you have a problem with this, you need more important things in your life to worry about. The fact that they're doing them during recording and having fun with it especially makes it totally fine for me. Gotsta get paid.

#152 Posted by automatontribe (198 posts) -

I don't think the ad in itself is the problem,(and Jeff can make anything funny)it's just who decided the podcast needed to have ads. Because they most probably didn't pick it themselves.

#153 Posted by Thedrbrian (66 posts) -

What the fuck is this bullshit?

You just can't play the Wii eshop music like that , I got all excited for another nintendownload x-press.

#154 Posted by fetchfox (1364 posts) -

I listen to a lot of podcasts, and as long as the add isn't to invasive it should be just fine. Keep it at the start and/or end, but don't break the flow by putting it in the middle. It caught me of guard, but I didn't mind it. Still a good podcast.

#155 Posted by Rorie (2987 posts) -

In case no one's mentioned it, there's an ad-free version of the podcast in the Premium Podcast feed.

Staff
#156 Posted by Yesiamaduck (1237 posts) -

I thought it was funny, but this is what Adblock users have to look forward to in the future... more and more media across more sites with unavoidable ads thrown into the actual content it's self

#157 Posted by JoeyRavn (4984 posts) -

I was OK with it. It was jarring at first, but then I realized that they've been needing money for ages now. And the delivery of the ad itself was done Bombcast style, aka not seriously at all.

As long as they keep fucking around when they do the ads, the won't bother me at all. And even if they started taking them more seriously, I don't think I would be upset or anything. Thirty seconds to a minute and a half out of a two-and-a-half-hour podcast ain't too bad at all.

#158 Posted by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

I am disgusted, by such a low monthly fee. Using Bombcast9

#159 Posted by Pr1mus (3952 posts) -

The ads were worth it if only to hear Jeff make fun of their own terrible video player.

#160 Posted by yakov456 (1925 posts) -

Thought the ad actually was fun to hear. Actually added to the show.

#161 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

As long as they let Jeff continue to do them in dumb radioman voice i'm cool with it.

#162 Edited by Elwoodan (872 posts) -

Jeff's reading of the first one was so intense that it actually scared me a bit, is squarespace some kind of amateur wrestling league?

#163 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@jeff Now that there's precedent, how much does it cost to buy adspace on the Bombcast? I figure us listeners can start a Kickstarter to get you to say some stuff.

#164 Posted by MX (247 posts) -

The way the ads where delivered they were perfectly fine. And if those ads get them more money, with which they can do more (stupid) shit for our entertainment. Then I'll say yay for Ads.

#166 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

I got used to it when MBMBAM started doing them, and will be fine so long as it's just Jeff doing it off the cuff, I wouldn't like pre-recorded radio ads playing. Maybe if they are more 'valuable' then they might be able to make the bombcast longer, if that's possible, I'd enjoy that.

#167 Edited by mcmax3000 (290 posts) -

@forcen said:

As long as they are promoting things that they don't mind promoting then sure, keep it up.

I don't want to hear any endorcements from something they obviously hate/dislike. Like Jeff promoting a new Nights game or something.

I don't know... I kind of like the idea of Jeff having to shill for something he's very well known as hating. That seems like it would be very entertaining.

#168 Posted by ike7779 (358 posts) -

Kind of shocking since I think they've boasted about being one of the most popular ad-free podcasts in the past. Even more shocking they waited so long.

If they can use the money to bring us an even better-er Bombcast I'm all for it.

#169 Posted by tavistavistavis (48 posts) -

I love the add and I support the bomb crew all the way, gotta get that cash baby!

#170 Posted by Subjugation (4743 posts) -

I didn't even know there were two different podcasts. I thought everyone heard the ad. Anyway, I don't have a problem with it the way it was delivered this time. Jeff's performance was pretty entertaining. I'm fine with that kind of thing, however I'd prefer that they stay away from the thirty second legit radio ads and just continue to read the stuff off themselves.

#171 Posted by jakob187 (21763 posts) -

I'm fine with it. Why? It's the guys reading the ad. Nikki Sixx does that with his stuff on Sixx Sense, and I don't know...it just gives it that old school radio feeling from the 1920s, ya know? It feels like the way it SHOULD be done, not some droning bullshit standardized ad that companies pass out to get tacked onto stuff.

However, @jeff and crew, could I offer a suggestion? I mean, obviously, what the fuck I think doesn't mean shit, but just tossing out the seeds, seeing what grows...

Instead of cold opening with the ad, how about playing the theme song upfront, then coming in with something like "Hey everyone, you're listening to the Giant Bombcast. This episode is brought to you by (insert ad). Joining us today is..." and then listing off the guys and doing the usual thing. Just on a personal level, it's always slightly jarring and a little...I don't know, standardized...when a podcast cold opens with an ad. Then again, I don't know if there's some type of deal made on when the ad plays and such, so again, what the fuck does my opinion matter?

Either way, Bombcast is still Bombcast, so VIVA LA BOMBCAST!

#172 Posted by Superkenon (1506 posts) -

I just hope they can get away with doing the ads in that half-mocking style every time.

#173 Posted by SilentPredator (146 posts) -

Ads on the Bombcast aren't new. Anyone else remember that month-long partnership with Zojirushi like two years ago? :P

#174 Edited by AuthenticM (3805 posts) -

As long as Jeff keeps his radioman voice and the delivery funny, I will keep listening to the non-premium bombcasts.

#175 Edited by GnomeonFire (785 posts) -

@silentpredator said:

Ads on the Bombcast aren't new. Anyone else remember that month-long partnership with Zojirushi like two years ago? :P

I never figured out if that was a joke or not.

#176 Edited by Hector (3381 posts) -

I don't mind it at all, they're short ads that will help support the site.

#177 Posted by MetalBaofu (1442 posts) -

The ads don't really matter to me at all. They aren't all that long anyways, and it's easy to just skip over it if I want, but I'll most likely just listen to it. I'll never understand why some people get all bothered/annoyed by a minute or so ad, especially when it's surrounded by 2-4 hours of normal podcast. People complain about the dumbest shit.

#178 Edited by CptBedlam (4460 posts) -

I'm okay with it and I found it pretty funny (much better than Brad talking Dota :P ). However, I don't know if I would be okay with it if I was the advertiser. Maybe they should record the ad instead of doing it live.

#179 Posted by Silver-Streak (1387 posts) -

All I know is that Drew's "WHY IS MY MICROPHONE OFF" was hilarious. As long as they keep the humor up and it doesn't start becoming weird branding stuff, whatever helps the guys keep going is good with me.

#180 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3050 posts) -

Jeff asks you to remember to "Put a Stamp on It!®"

#181 Edited by GiantLizardKing (566 posts) -

I like the ads. Jeff and the gang consistently make these one of the funnier parts of the show.

#182 Posted by csl316 (9515 posts) -

I dunno, the fact that they genuinely give a shit about Stamps.com makes me wanna visit.

I mean, they do? Right?

#183 Posted by Fattony12000 (7582 posts) -

I sure do feel like posting something in the mail right about now.

#184 Edited by jimmyfenix (3753 posts) -

Stamps need stamps..............................

#185 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3050 posts) -

I'll admit it, Jeff & Vinny makes postage cool. They are the Cheech & Chong of postage advertising.

#186 Posted by blackcat0158 (43 posts) -

As a premium subscriber, I feel like I miss out on some of the dumb hilariousness of the podcast if I don't have the advertisements. I don't understand why people would let it rustle their jimmies. The crew makes it work.

#187 Posted by Sgtpierceface (648 posts) -

Dammit people, stop reviving dead threads!

#188 Edited by Xeiphyer (5612 posts) -

I listen to the non-premium stream because the ads are usually pretty hilarious.

#189 Posted by BisonHero (7073 posts) -

@monkeyking1969 said:

I'll admit it, Jeff & Vinny makes postage cool. They are the Cheech & Chong of postage advertising.

Are you saying weed wasn't cool until Cheech & Chong did it?

#190 Posted by spraynardtatum (3735 posts) -

No thank you!

#191 Posted by Ravelle (1414 posts) -

As a premium subscriber, I feel like I miss out on some of the dumb hilariousness of the podcast if I don't have the advertisements. I don't understand why people would let it rustle their jimmies. The crew makes it work.

You can still download the podcasts with the ads in them though, they're pretty funny with them making fun of the sponsors a bit.

#192 Posted by Korwin (3042 posts) -

Making off the cuff "bits" out of the ad deals is amusing, i feel like I'm a crazy person for preferring the non premium version.

#193 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

GB ads are so funny that I feel cheated out of not having them as a subscriber, its bizarro world! luckily I usually listen to them at work on mah phone and its the regular version o/

#194 Posted by Scotto (1221 posts) -

I need to stay on top of nominees for the Golden Stevie.

#195 Posted by Insectecutor (1205 posts) -

@korwin said:

Making off the cuff "bits" out of the ad deals is amusing, i feel like I'm a crazy person for preferring the non premium version.

What? There's a premium version of the Bombcast?

#196 Posted by Drebin_893 (2934 posts) -

@korwin said:

Yeah I had no idea about this, either. I love the ads!

#197 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4500 posts) -

@korwin said:

Same but their delivery style for ads is only getting better

#198 Posted by ottoman673 (576 posts) -

I'll never buy anything they advertise, but the ads themselves are funny enough

#199 Posted by ripelivejam (4904 posts) -

@insectecutor said:

@korwin said:

Yeah I had no idea about this, either. I love the ads!

guys, we already HAVE the premium version B)

#200 Edited by Miso_JEFF (2 posts) -

Glad they're able to make some money off the podcast! Just wondering why they haven't gotten one of those affiliate links to Amazon yet. Or am I crazy and they do have one?