#1 Posted by SomberOwl (673 posts) -

So with few people currently in the SF office, they are needing to bring in guests for the Bombcast. I don't know how many people here frequent GameSpot, but I do. In addition to Danny, there are many awesome people at GameSpot.

Some people I think would be good on the Bombcast are Peter Brown and Kevin VanOrd.

Who do you guys think would be good on or want to see on the Bombcast from GameSpot?

#2 Edited by Vuud (1997 posts) -

I heard that Jeff Gerstmann guy is pretty good, Giant Bomb should hire him.

#3 Edited by csl316 (8682 posts) -

@vuud: Nah, he'd ruin the chemistry.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (5085 posts) -

None?

#5 Posted by sub_o (899 posts) -

Peter Brown can talk all day with Jeff about retro games.

#6 Posted by ottoman673 (517 posts) -

The only two they should ever bring in from GS are Giancarlo and Danny.

Ever.

#7 Posted by GodlyOne (140 posts) -

I want to see more of Shaun Mcinnis on GB, both on the Bombcast and UPF.

#8 Posted by themangalist (1735 posts) -

Kevin V is the man. Wasnt he one of the few who were at gamespot when the kane and lynch controversy happened, and still working at gamespot?

As much as i like the whacky ness of McInnis i just dont see the chemistry.

#9 Edited by ichthy (516 posts) -

I actually quite like a bunch of the Gamespot guys. Shaun Mcinnis, Chris Watters, Kevin VanOrd, not to mention Danny or Giancarlo Varanini.

#10 Edited by h83r (470 posts) -

@themangalist: Yup, he's still at Gamespot from those days. Justin Calvert and Ryan McDonald are still there as well. Would love to see any of those veterans show up on GB content. In fact, I'm super surprised that they haven't shown since the CBSi acquisition.

Edit - I actually really enjoyed seeing Chris Watters host that one episode of the GB+GS Wednesday live show alongside Ryan. I've always enjoyed Chris Watters on the Gamespot stuff that I've watched.

#11 Posted by csl316 (8682 posts) -

Mary could come discuss production if they ever do another BLLSL.

#12 Edited by themangalist (1735 posts) -

@h83r said:

@themangalist: Yup, he's still at Gamespot from those days. Justin Calvert and Ryan McDonald are still there as well. Would love to see any of those veterans show up on GB content. In fact, I'm super surprised that they haven't shown since the CBSi acquisition.

Edit - I actually really enjoyed seeing Chris Watters host that one episode of the GB+GS Wednesday live show alongside Ryan. I've always enjoyed Chris Watters on the Gamespot stuff that I've watched.

I stuck around for a while at Gamespot when Jeff and the majority of the old favourites left. I loved the Hotspot with Brian Sinclair, Kevin V, Chris Watters, Shaun McInnis, and Tom McShea. It was reasonable length and everyone seemed to have a good time (I even sent an email that got read once). That was before I found the appeal of the Bombcast, which back then I thought was too long with the occasional funny moment, even those highs were epically high.

Anyways, I really don't think the two crews mix. McShea was always very vocal about certain subjects, and that collab with Ryan Davis was painful to watch (when Ryan switches on his jerk mode you really know he means business). I remember watching McInnis do something with the bomb crew, and he just isn't himself (with all the dumb dumb puns and jokes... he's basically the Vinny of the post-Jeff Gamespot). And oh god Professional Wednesdays. I can't even count the amount of awkward moments between the two supposed hosts Ryan and Chris Watters. Chris was just constantly shoved around. Kevin VanOrd is the only one who's a cool cat when hanging out with the bomb crew, but most likely because he's a gentleman (was it violin or cello? I can't remember, just saying he's a classy man), and he mostly talks about video games he's passionate about.

Danny just popped out of nowhere and he's an awesome dude. I'm fine watching him and the bomb crew, but other Gamespot crew members just don't mix with the GB crew.

#13 Posted by Sargus (726 posts) -

That freelancer they've got for reviews, Britton Peele? He seems like he'd be good.

#15 Posted by FLStyle (4705 posts) -

Maxwell McGee for any fighting game discussion.

#16 Posted by spraynardtatum (2969 posts) -

KEEP THEM SEGREGATED FOREVER!

#17 Edited by TrafalgarLaw (1130 posts) -

Mary 'Stomping on prehistoric butterflies' Kish! She's like Vinny, only more non sequitur.

#18 Posted by Yummylee (21658 posts) -

I'm OK with anyone really. Except Tom McShea

#19 Edited by Trilogy (2655 posts) -

Mmm...I can't think of many. Danny and Kevin VanOrd are the only two people over there (that I know of) that I really like.

#20 Posted by mooncake (157 posts) -

I've always liked Justin Calvert. Probably less bombastic than some of the other personalities on the site, but he's a good guy.

I wonder how Mary Kish would fit in only because I don't think I've ever seen her interact with Giant Bomb at all. It would be a good idea to get a cool female voice in from time to time!

#21 Posted by Slag (4400 posts) -

I'd be down for a Mary Kish appearance, she seems like fun

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11741 posts) -
@yummylee said:

I'm OK with anyone really. Except Tom McShea

Pretty much this!

#23 Edited by Christoffer (1823 posts) -

Kevin VanOrd is great when given a topic he's interested in, actually better than most in the GB staff. How he is when spitballing random topics from the top of his head and #crackinwise I don't know.

Edit: I'd like Tom McShea, what the hell is discussion without a little salt

#24 Posted by Vuud (1997 posts) -

I know he's not Gamespot but gosh, when's the last time Brad Muir showed his face around here??

#25 Posted by Entreri10 (198 posts) -

My favorite is Danny, but I also enjoyed Peter Brown, and Giancarlo.... I'd also like to see maybe Kevin VanOrd on a few times as well.

#26 Posted by KaneRobot (1615 posts) -

Giancarlo works well but I'd prefer to keep him tied to the Powerbombcast.

Danny fits right in. Can be a regular as far as I'm concerned.

Peter would be a solid fill-in. Having him and Jeff going back and forth about older stuff is fun, as UPF showed last week.

#27 Posted by VorlonGod (12 posts) -

None. I haven't given a crap about Gamespot since the core GB crew left. I've checked back every once in a while but hey just seem to have some weird, soulless British people.

#28 Posted by Pazy (2581 posts) -

I want more Kevin VanOrd, he is the best!

#29 Posted by Franstone (1121 posts) -

Danny O
That is all.

#30 Posted by Fitzgerald (274 posts) -

To be honest, I'm still soured on Gamespot ever since that whole Kane & Lynch thing. Which is a shame because Gamespot was the first videogame website I ever paid attention to (since 1998!). To me, Gamespot was at it's best with Greg K, Jeff and Brad. I haven't visited since, like, 2007.

#31 Posted by ripelivejam (3974 posts) -