Giant Bomb East Podcast!

tadros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

Alex mentioned that he and Vinny were tossing around the idea to start a podcast for Giant Bomb East. How awesome would that be to get a weekly dose of Vinny and Alex again? I'm so glad Alex came out of his shell working with Patrick, and I can't wait to see what these guys come up with on the east coast! Being a Jersey native, it's nice to see my favorite gaming website branching out to the east coast!

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

Thanks for sharing. =)

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

After having two Alex shows a week for so long, it already sucks that he's done for the time being.

But 2015 is the Year of the Beast. New office, new studio, new hires, presumably new podcast. I know that in a year we'll be in an absolutely amazing place.

tadros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I just hope they start taking interns in the Giant Bomb East office, I'd love to work for Vinny and Alex!

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

With Bombin' in the A.M. unofficially done or on hiatus, a void needs to be filled. A Beastcast could work, but I think it needs to be more than just a Bombcast clone. They could utilize whoever their new hire will be or maybe have special guests talk about upcoming projects or opinions on various game industry topics. I'll gladly take a Bombcast East, but they can make something unique if they wanted.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Really looking forward to a more regular appearance of Vinny and the continuation of Alex in a podcast format. 2015's looking pretty bright for Gb East.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A weekly podcast on what is broken in Vinny's house

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If I don't get more regular Vinny content I might cancel my sub honestly.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really, really hope they do a weekly Beastcast every Thursday. So we get the Bombcast on Tuesday, and the Beastcast on Thursday. Life would be amazing. And then they would start beef between them. Via emails of course.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@dalai said:

With Bombin' in the A.M. unofficially done or on hiatus, a void needs to be filled. A Beastcast could work, but I think it needs to be more than just a Bombcast clone. They could utilize whoever their new hire will be or maybe have special guests talk about upcoming projects or opinions on various game industry topics. I'll gladly take a Bombcast East, but they can make something unique if they wanted.

VInny's hosted bombcasts tended to be way more produced than anything Ryan, Jeff, or Brad ever did. I think Vinny's personality would make the Beastcast different enough.

Here's an example:

Loading Video...

thelastrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny hosted Bombcasts are highly produced and take a long time to come out. Maybe a fortnightly or monthly podcast where they don't have to focus on covering the latest news (because the Bombcast does that), and that can bring in a different perspective in regards to game industry topics?

(Yes, I know it's blasphemy to suggest content that'd come out less often than weekly, but quality over quantity?)

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Oh man, I can't wait until GBeast is fully up and running. New podcast, features, and (hopefully!) coast v. coast TNTs!

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I want this very badly.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If we can't get a podcast with Alex, Vinny, and the person they hire to be the new senior news editor can we at least get Bombin' The AM with VBOMB and the Wolf?

Salvationtwist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I don't want to be that guy, but Alex just takes over podcasts and for me can make it hard to listen to. Those game of the year podcasts, I am sure he spoke 50% of the time even though there were 7 other guys there. Maybe its his anxiety and feels like he has to speak at all times and not stop to fidget?

Eaxis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eaxis

I liked the Scoops and Wolf show so I hope for a Stallion and the wolf podcast.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it wrong that I want a Vinnycast that focuses on his home and woodworking projects? I think it might've been for PAX but the podcast where he talked about his busted sewer pipe was both horrifying and entertaining.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dalai said:

VInny's hosted bombcasts tended to be way more produced than anything Ryan, Jeff, or Brad ever did. I think Vinny's personality would make the Beastcast different enough.

Here's an example:

Loading Video...

Yeah, a lot of that stuff was carried over during his days as the Hotspot host so he was very familiar with the way the podcast room equipment worked, probably more so than Jeff and Ryan did.

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to it! I agree with others that the new person they hire should be on on the podcast with them.

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yes, please.

More Vinny.

thelastrewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hippie_genocide said:

Is it wrong that I want a Vinnycast that focuses on his home and woodworking projects? I think it might've been for PAX but the podcast where he talked about his busted sewer pipe was both horrifying and entertaining.

Giant Bomb has a wrestling podcast, a four hour show with the Ryckert family, an F1 podcast. Woodworking is exactly what we need. Bring it on. :)

Brother_PipPop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please based Vinny.

Soulibon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always loved the episodes Vinny hosted. Way more produced than the Bombcast, but do they have enough people? Maybe once they hire a new editor down there, right?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@soulibon: Yeah, they got equipment room guy, the lady from the first video, and uh... Max?

No wait, Max doesn't count.

Ozzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A weekly podcast on what is broken in Vinny's house

Sold!

lord_python

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vinny is one of the funniest guys out there, his voice must be heard!

BlamBlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Need to wait for that 3rd chair. Exciting news though.

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can not imagine them NOT doing "something" after they hire the 3rd person up there.

Naoiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would strongly support a Alex and Vinny Podcast.

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another weekly podcast with them, the new hire, and maybe a guest every once in a while would tickle me in the oh-so-right places. Make it weekly, and hopefully not premium (although a weekly podcast with Vinny may be the thing that gets me to resubscribe).

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tiamatsword22

I hope it has nothing to do with videogames.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I don't care how I get my Vinny, whether a new podcast or from the dadcast, I just want more. Wish we had some news on this in someway. Telling me they couldn't start something with just V and A before the 3rd person joins them?

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another podcast is always a good thing. A podcast with Vinny on it is awesome!

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Following Vinny's Twitter he seems to have be friends with another producer in the building.

I wish they'd just start now. I know they probably want to plan it out, but they should just sit down and let it form organically.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316: Following Vinny's Twitter he seems to have be friends with another producer in the building.

I wish they'd just start now. I know they probably want to plan it out, but they should just sit down and let it form organically.

Yeah, I'd enjoy something like the early Arrow Pointing Down podcasts when Ryan and Jeff were starting out on Giant Bomb.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By phantomzxro

I'm happy to have more Vinny because giantbomb is lacking in Vinny content right now. I would be down for a podcast with them but i wonder how the structure of the show would be. I often feel like Vinny and Alex are two opposite forces of nature that make magic happen or cancel each other out. I would love for them to have someone else mix it up if they do a podcast or get a little more creative with the format.