#1 Posted by Warihay (480 posts) -

This seems like an awesome idea and I really hope that the goals for every region are met! Check out the new site here

So what are you waiting for? Go subscribe!!

#2 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -

that is such a shoddily made website I can't believe it :D

#3 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" that is such a shoddily made website I can't believe it :D "
It takes prime talent to make something so dumb. Alexis did a great job.
#4 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

I-is that Whiskey Media's interpretation of the world? I would subscribe but...most of the features are useless to me and I really need the cash to upgrade my PC. Sorry lads!

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

I'm already helping you guys out but damn that sounds like a fun idea!

#6 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

"A new car!" made me laugh hard.

#7 Posted by AlisterCat (5489 posts) -

It crashed Chrome, but hey, such excellence comes at a price. Really hope you guys come to England. Even you Dave! We'll talk PC games and websites.

#8 Posted by Zaph (274 posts) -

God, Firefox's JS performance is shoddy as fuck.

Thankfully Chrome nailed it.

#9 Posted by MisterMouse (3543 posts) -

haha the voices are great! and it is really tempting me to get a membership

#10 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

Wow, this sounds awesome.

But uhh, hey, some more details would be cool. Like when and how and what and where and who and how, and also how.

#11 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

So wait, am I getting another free shirt?

#12 Posted by President_Barackbar (3440 posts) -

If I didn't already live in the same state as the GB crew I might be more excited.

#13 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6191 posts) -

THE LABREA TARPITS!

#14 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

Oh man, that new t-shirt is sweet. I might actually get a yearly subscription for 2011. 

Let me just check if I got paid yesterday.

#15 Posted by ckeats (489 posts) -

I wish there were enough people in my city to get there here, or even in my province. I doubt I'll be able to travel to any of the Canada shows. 
Maybe I could subscribe a friend as a "gift" and keep the shirt. Evil maybe, but hey, sweet shirt.

#16 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

Is the new shirt just for new subscribers or are current ones getting one too?  -_- 

Now I'm confused as hell.

#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Is the new shirt just for new subscribers or are current ones getting one too?  -_-  Now I'm confused as hell. "
Me too. 
#18 Edited by SlightConfuse (3963 posts) -
@KaosAngel:  Dave said details would be explained on the happy hour. looks as thoug we get the option(as members) to purchase them as a later date 

seems cool, hope there are  a lot of new york duders who sign up
#19 Posted by Gilsham (293 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" Is the new shirt just for new subscribers or are current ones getting one too?  -_-  Now I'm confused as hell. "
I would also like to know if there is a way for me to have the new shirt
#20 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:
" @KaosAngel said:
Me too.  "
It also doesn't help that the site says "Thanks for Being A Member" and whatnot when i do try to go to the store.  -_- 

Dave!  Explain, also explain when your promised HTML5 site is going up.
#21 Posted by Animasta (14651 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @KaosAngel said:
Me too.  "
It also doesn't help that the site says "Thanks for Being A Member" and whatnot when i do try to go to the store.  -_-  Dave!  Explain, also explain when your promised HTML5 site is going up. "
from what I understand, it's gonna be available to buy on the happy hour, like those other shirts/hoodies or whatever they were.
#22 Posted by Musou (380 posts) -

Just subscribed, even though I don't think they'll come to Brazil =p

And the Lincoln Force T-shirt is effing amazing

#23 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

Okay, wait...what does this mean?  Like, you are going to schedule live Bombcasts around the world for people to attend, much like PAX?  Giant Bomb is going to visit our hometowns and we'll go get tanked at the local bars?  Are they going to search around for the lamest arcade in the country (which I can almost guarantee is the one in MY hometown)?  I'm confused on what exactly this thing is. 

Moreover, are they going to set up meet and greets or anything?  Deets, man.  We need deets. 

Also, I feel this is an opportunity to say... 

DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A MEMBER!!!

#24 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -

At least the Moon's getting some love.

#25 Posted by Megasoum (352 posts) -

All that and yet, six months laters, we still don't have paypal support... Also, a membership package that isn't a rip-off for people outside of the US would be appreciated...

#26 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -

To be clear. New subscribers will get the Lincoln Force shirt. 

Old subscribers will be able to buy the shirt on Friday. We'll send an email and announce more details then. 

Don't worry, if you want a shirt, you'll get one.

#27 Posted by listerfeend (55 posts) -

You guys, this needs to happen. Make this happen for me! I CAN'T BE A MEMBER MORE THAN I AM RIGHT NOW!

#28 Edited by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -
@snide: What about that proper HTML5 site, any chance it'll hit before the end of this year?  >.>
#29 Edited by Echo (391 posts) -

God damn, this sounds amazing. I hope enough people subscribe for you guys to come to Australia. I've wanted to meet Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Alex and Rorie since the GameSpot days. So amped! 

Also, If you guys are looking for a place to do a talk in Melbourne, I suggest ACMI at Federation Square. Really easy to get to and the place has theatres with stages and big screens. Then Beer Deluxe is right next door!

#30 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6191 posts) -

I wish I can buy the shirt but I need to stand by my 2010 member shirt and my GB logo shirt. :)

#31 Posted by shadyspace (457 posts) -

Now THIS is how you increase subscriptions!

#32 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2450 posts) -

Wait, are all these going to be at bars? I can't drink until I'm 19.

P.S. I will kill every Canadian who doesn't subscribe if this fails!!

#33 Posted by shadyspace (457 posts) -

To be clear, does going from silver to gold membership count towards the 15,000 required subscriber count?

#34 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

I think there are like 5 people from Holland on this site...  :(

Cool idea though, guys.

#35 Posted by DeeGee (2116 posts) -
@snide:  The last time shirts went on sale, they sold out before I reached the checkout. What's the chances of this happening again?
#36 Posted by snide (2413 posts) -
@FlyingRat said:
" I think there are like 5 people from Holland on this site...  :(   Cool idea though, guys. "
Uh. I can definitely say we have waaay more than that. You'd be surprised.
#37 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

I hope Canada gets to our quota as I am curious to see what cities would be included in the tour besides Vancouver & Toronto. If you come to Calgary I will let you use my basement in exchange for a T--Shirt. 

#38 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -
@snide said:
" @FlyingRat said:
" I think there are like 5 people from Holland on this site...  :(   Cool idea though, guys. "
Uh. I can definitely say we have waaay more than that. You'd be surprised. "
Alright, well that's cool then... Still leaves the problem of not having a credit card, but maybe i can find someone who will let me use theirs.
#39 Posted by JellyFish_Gsus (769 posts) -

Going subscribe in the morning. I doubt enough members from Ireland would make it a stopping point. But a man can dream!! 

Also I want that shirt. 

#40 Posted by Thoseposers (781 posts) -

Awesome idea guys, can't wait to see the great videos that come from this. I just had a question though Dave, if i wanted to upgrade to gold have i missed the chance of getting the roller coaster shirt? Cause that was a pretty sick shirt.

#41 Posted by Brackynews (4050 posts) -
#42 Posted by strangone (179 posts) -

Almost makes me wish I wasn't leaving Toronto in a month, since that would be a likely stop in Canada. But then I think of the government-run liquor stores, and that feeling goes away.

#43 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

So... if the other regions beat the US to getting the required number of subscribers... Dave doesn't go to Russia?
Man... if I were outside of the states right now, I'd almost not want to upgrade to yearly!

#44 Posted by Video_Game_King (36110 posts) -
@Brackynews: 

Copyright laws forbid it in my country. Apparently, if you have "Universal" in your name, you can extend your reach to the stars above.
#45 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3702 posts) -

I finally went yearly for the Lincoln Force T shirt. You guys are welcome.

#46 Posted by Bonsai (93 posts) -

@Snide 

Hey, if you guys meet your U.S. quota, that means Chicagoland right? Please let it mean you would come out to Chicago.

#47 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

Can't wait until you guys come to Orlando! 

#48 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

This is pretty damn tempting, but I've haven't been able to buy dead space 2 and a few other games that I've wanted to pick up lately, so I might have to pass for the time being.

#49 Posted by TurboMan (7427 posts) -

there seems to be a lot of members that live in the south(VA, NC, SC)... can we get a place somewhere closer than Florida?

#50 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11501 posts) -

If I can buy that Lincoln Force shirt separately, I will do so. Just don't ask me to buy a yearly subscription.