#101 Edited by Benny (1955 posts) -

The more the better. I often listen to the podcast while playing parts of video games without any story, which could be sports games, grinding in an RPG, shooters, anything where I feel like a nice stretch of gaming without much thinking and I just zone out and focus on the podcast.

#102 Edited by cmblasko (1354 posts) -

I'd be disappointed if the Bombcast ever shortened that much; it only takes up around 1.5 of my work commutes as is. Long podcasts save my sanity from the monotony of commuting.

#103 Posted by Gamer_152 (14113 posts) -

There are a few people with this problem, and I sympathise, but I don't think any one user gets to tell the staff how long to make their podcast.

#104 Edited by Svenzon (731 posts) -

Three hours is awesome. I usually listen to it in chunks while walking to and from work, while surfing the web and so on. It's great. Most other podcasts are over way too quick.

#105 Edited by Happenstance (469 posts) -

I love the fact that the Bombcast is so long, gives me something to listen to while walking around town. Only problem of course is that I look like an idiot laughing at the guys all the time lol

#106 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3925 posts) -

Sorry dog you're on your own with this one. I listen to it at work I would be happy with an 8 hour podcast. You don't need to listen to it all at once ya know.

#107 Posted by psylah (2187 posts) -

Giant Bomb was founded on these attributes:

1.) "We like long pages."

2.) "We like long podcasts."

3.) "We like long videos."

This website might not be for you.

#108 Posted by Zero_ (1977 posts) -

I think I'm apparently pretty crazy then cuz I re-listen to the Bombcast about 2-3 times in a week. Mostly when driving or eating, I like the smooth tons of the Bombcast echoing into my brain..

#109 Posted by Lava (672 posts) -

I love how long the bombcast is, if anything I would love it if there were more hours to it. Listen to it walking around campus and in bed at night. I have a long car ride on Friday too so I'll probably finish it up then. Always more bombcast.

#110 Edited by Nux (2427 posts) -

Listen to sections during driving. There ya go.

Yup, thats what I do every week and it works wonders.

#111 Edited by Brodehouse (10136 posts) -

I can understand your position. But I don't think the solution is necessarily just putting an arbitrary limit (beyond the one already on it, when Ryan has to skip emails).

If I was going to suggest anything it would be timestamps. Because as much as I enjoy them being a video game podcast who doesn't start talking about video games until 45 minutes in, maybe that's not for everyone. Also frustrating to hear emails or news get completely abandoned because there was a 30 minute discussion about home ownership in California. To talk about the week's new release for 8 minutes but talk about restaurants or reddit drama for 20.

But I don't advocate shortening it or lecturing them to stick to games, just give your users a guide that allows them to get to the stuff they want. In game terms, give the game 20-30 hours of enjoyable play time, but make the core story campaign in the 8-10 hour length, and make the rest optional.

#112 Posted by Soap (3645 posts) -

Please limit it to 1.5 hours per episode. I've got a job and family now, I can't spend 3 hours a week listening to just one podcast.

Are you intending to sound like a selfish idiot or is that just coming naturally?

Seriously, the podcast doesn't live to serve just you. Go away.

#113 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I like them long. How about you listen to them in chunks? There's absolutely nothing that forces you to listen to it all at once. This shit isn't meant to cater to you specifically.

#114 Edited by TooWalrus (13258 posts) -

@shaunage said:

Petition to increase the Bombcast to five hours starts here.

SIGNED.

You have my... signature.

#115 Edited by SlashDance (1843 posts) -

I listen to it in my sleep. It's fun !

And I get to dream of Ryan riding unicorns.

#116 Edited by SuperZamrod (269 posts) -

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! What else am I supposed to do during my commute during the week? Perfect length would be 3hr30min for me.

#117 Posted by nophilip (194 posts) -

Long Bombcasts are the best. If you don't like the length, don't listen to all of it.

#118 Posted by Winternet (8059 posts) -
@psylah said:

Giant Bomb was founded on these attributes:

1.) "We like long pages."

2.) "We like long podcasts."

3.) "We like long videos."

This website might not be for you.

Pretty much this.

#119 Edited by Bob_Loblaw (112 posts) -

Blasphemy! Blasphemy I say. Smite this teller of false truths.

First thing I do is check the length and anything under 3 hours is a disappointment these days.

#120 Edited by Barrock (3553 posts) -

I want it even longer. 3 and a half hours!

#121 Edited by Max_Cherry (1151 posts) -

You will shut your entitled mouth before you ruin the bombcast!

#122 Edited by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

@buft said:

I listen to mine on the go with podkicker, it saves the position of my podcast when i stop listening, even if i listen to multiple podcasts it saves my progress on each individually,

Holy crap, that sounds awesome. I'm gonna go install that.

#123 Edited by Deusx (1910 posts) -

Just listen to it in little chunks throughout the week. That's what a lot of people do.

#124 Posted by Amukasa (53 posts) -

#125 Posted by TheGorilla (229 posts) -

Don't listen to the Bombcast then. It needs to be longer. The universe craves more Bombcast.

#126 Posted by Grelik (161 posts) -

For me I love the length and hell, I wouldn't even mind if it was longer. I listen to the podcast throughout the week while I'm driving and really like the long ones because I hate listening to radio.

#127 Edited by Beaker (94 posts) -

The longer the better! I rarely listen to it in one go anyway.

#128 Posted by The_Ruiner (1140 posts) -

no one's twisting your arm here man...

#129 Posted by MonetaryDread (2180 posts) -
@shaunage said:

Petition to increase the Bombcast to five hours starts here.

Signed

#130 Edited by bartok (2585 posts) -

Each listener of the Bombcast should get an individually tailored Bombcast to fit their specific interest and podcasting needs.

#131 Edited by djou (878 posts) -

No way, perfect length. I echo the need for time stamps, chapter markers, or even keywords. After a while they all blend together, sometimes I want to go back and relisten for a specific moment but there's no way to figure out which episode it was.

#132 Posted by kortex (435 posts) -

go big or go home

#133 Posted by Brewmaster_Andy (524 posts) -

I listen to the Bombcast along with a bunch of others - a combine 17-18 hours of podcasts every week. For me, I listen in the car on my way to and from work, and I throw on a pair of headphones most evenings after my daughter is in bed and I am cleaning up. It doesn't feel overwhelming for me.

#134 Posted by kpaadet (413 posts) -

I love the 3 hour bombcasts.

#135 Posted by Wraxend (570 posts) -

I hope they get even longer

#136 Edited by Dolphin_Butter (1917 posts) -

Throwing another hat in the "I wish it was longer" camp.

#137 Edited by MOAB (429 posts) -

@soapy86 said:

The Bombcast doesn't revolve around you.

#138 Edited by louiedog (2335 posts) -

Things I do while listening to the Bombcast:

• commute
  • grocery shopping
  • cooking dinner
  • cleaning
  • folding laundry
  • walking around town running errands
  • and a bunch of other things

I have plenty of time during the week to listen to all of my podcasts. If you don't, cut back on the number of podcasts or skip through sections of the bombcast. Don't expect them to cut back on content when you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself.

#139 Edited by DxBecks (72 posts) -

I don't mind the length but it would be nice if they would offer the full podcast and split sections by topics.

#140 Posted by LikeaSsur (1592 posts) -

Listening to it in segments is a wise idea.

To the people saying "Then don't listen to it at all," please be quiet. OP clearly likes the Bombcast, he just wants it to be shorter. You are missing the entire point by saying this.

#141 Edited by Jimbo (10006 posts) -

Yeah, well so is my Johnson.

#142 Edited by Wacomole (837 posts) -

Download it and play it at double speed.

Voila! It's instantly half as long and you get bonus Chipmunk voices.

#143 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

DON'T LIKE BOMBCAST, DON'T EAT.

The Bombcast isn't the only podcast about videogames. If all you want is videogames, go somewhere else. But if you want videogames mixed with Fast and Furious talk, this is it. Listen to it in bits and pieces along the week if your schedule gets in the way. Don't take it away from people who do want 3 hours.

#144 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

Seeing as I can just about finish each Bombcast just in time for the new one, with me just listening for about 30 minutes a day, I would say it's the perfect length. Granted, that's not the case for everyone, but still...

#145 Edited by mtcantor (951 posts) -

If they could go ahead and make them 4-5 hours that would be great.

#146 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

The bombcast is long, that's one thing. ~ But its the best damn podcast out there. And there's quite a few of those.

#147 Edited by Morka (164 posts) -

I workd between 7 to 8,5 hours each day, and most of those hours i spend listening to the newest bombcast, or even relistening to old ones. I really wish the bombcast was even longer then what is now.

Bring on the five hour bombcast. It's sure to happen one day.

#148 Posted by Hunter5024 (5980 posts) -

My opinion cancels yours out.

#149 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1228 posts) -

For me, I don't think that it's long enough. I can't get enough of the bombcast.

#150 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

MORE BOMBCAST MORE MONEY