#151 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Tbf i would probably listen to it more often if it was shorter.

#152 Posted by Weird_Pete (23 posts) -

The longer the better. When this is over the quality of my podcasts choices drops dramatically.

Also - it is a probably known fact...

Those that say 'it's too long' probably have it too short...

#153 Edited by dudeglove (7844 posts) -

Listen to sections during driving. There ya go.

Or on the way to work/school/uni/whatever.

#154 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

It is indeed. Longer the better. We'll get to four hours one of these days. :D

#155 Edited by mbdoeden (178 posts) -

I enjoy how the bombcast seems off the cuff. There's something sincere about them loosely moving through sections rather than doing the usual podcast "pretend radio show" with defined times and sections.

This also applies to the length, as I really like being able to digest it in chunks over 5-7 days while I'm driving or doing mindless work.

What I am saying is, bring it on, keep it long.

#156 Posted by gogosox82 (424 posts) -

I have trouble fitting them in as well but i actually think they should be longer. When they are short, usually don't like them that much. I usually find time between school work and when i have time to play a game, i throw on the bombcast.

#157 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4351 posts) -

Needs to be LONGER! I listen to podcasts while driving, cooking... showering. There's too many hours in a day and not enough BOMBCAST to cover it!

This, I manage to go through the podcast fast cuz I have it as background noise any time I'm doing mundane/simple stuff.

#158 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

I have an hour commute to and from school so I can't complain. The bombcast makes driving better.

#159 Edited by Ben_H (3356 posts) -

@mcghee said:

The best way to improve the podcast at this point would be to drop the videogame talk all together.

YEAH what he said. Screw video games, more Vinny dad stories and Jeff messed up old roommate stories. The more I hear about Chris with the white car the happier I am.

#161 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

What's wrong with listening to it in chunks instead of all at once? It's what I do.

I really don't see a problem here, this is beyond stupid.

#162 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

@galiant said:

What's wrong with listening to it in chunks instead of all at once? It's what I do.

I really don't see a problem here, this is beyond below stupid.

Fixed.

But yeah, the longer the better as far as I'm concerned. Although I agree with Jeff's thought in his recent jar video about tighter productions being more interesting.

#163 Edited by alternate (2704 posts) -

It can get a little bloated but the OP loses any support for his argument in his reasoning - i.e. he is a whiny self entitled little bitch. With any luck your wife will wise up to this and leave you taking the kid - then you will have plenty of time to listen to long podcasts :D

Seriously though.

Don't constrain them. The people saying it has to be at least 3 hours and those saying it should be 1.5 hours (mainly just the OP) are as bad as each other. The bombcast works when they just do it and find the natural length each week. You don't want them to feel either rushed or the need to artificially pad it. In the last few years of The Hotspot (and most of the IGN podcasts) the people doing it always sounded like they have one eye on the clock and that it is a chore that is necessary for their job.

#164 Posted by Jeust (10643 posts) -

You don't have to listen to all of it, sir.

If you don't want to hear it don't do it. Nobody is forcing you to.

#165 Posted by Ducksworth (660 posts) -

This is the only podcast I listen to and it last me maybe two or three weekdays. I can understand that it's frustrating to not have enough time in your day to go through all of it but that's how it is I guess. Have you tried taking peoples suggestion of listening to it on the commute?

#166 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

You sir, are crazy.

#167 Edited by oldenglishC (957 posts) -

I'm the exact opposite. My job puts me in on the road quite a bit, so the longer the better.

The real problem is the lack of other podcasts. I've tried them all, and the only other one I really enjoy is "How did this get made". Add that to the fact that radio in my area is a putrid wasteland, and it all equals up to a shorter Bombcast being a shitty idea.

#168 Edited by Pr1mus (3907 posts) -

Longcast are bestcast.

#169 Edited by Dallas_Raines (2161 posts) -

It is a little weird that 3 hours is the normal length now, but I have no life, so it's okay.

#170 Posted by Dunchad (494 posts) -

The mind boggles.

Instead of trying to change your own situation or, you know, just learning how to use the pause button, you demand that others change to accommodate you? What kind of world do you live in?

I'm the exact opposite. My job puts me in on the road quite a bit, so the longer the better.

The real problem is the lack of other podcasts. I've tried them all, and the only other one I really enjoy is "How did this get made". Add that to the fact that radio in my area is a putrid wasteland, and it all equals up to a shorter Bombcast being a shitty idea.

You did say that you've tried them all, but just in case you were exaggerating, you should try MBMBAM, The Besties, Gamers With Jobs and Idle Thumbs. I listen to those regularly and they often provide Bombcast levels of enjoyment.

#171 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

@galiant said:

I really don't see a problem here, this is beyond below stupid.

Fixed.

But yeah, the longer the better as far as I'm concerned. Although I agree with Jeff's thought in his recent jar video about tighter productions being more interesting.

Wow, I've never seen that before. Jeff really has looked the same since like 1999 ryan on the other hand holy shit man not as crazy as blonde hair ryan but still....

#172 Posted by Wraithtek (59 posts) -

Hey, I understand the feeling. Was just thinking today about how it's hard to keep up with all the original video content the site produces, even without forays into the back catalog. (I could always watch less TV and more Giant Bomb.) But I just have to keep myself from being OCD about it. I'm not going to watch every video, but I know there'll always be something to watch when I have the time and inclination.

For the Bombcast, I listen on the way home from work in 15 min increments, when I'm playing PC games that aren't dialog-heavy (SimCity, Tropico, Civ, GW2), and while driving on longer weekend trips. Sometimes while doing mindless tasks like laundry. Driving is really the ideal podcast environment, for me. I try to avoid listening while at work since I can't really focus on reading/typing and listening to something else simultaneously.

I'd say, if you're short on podcast-friendly time, don't worry about listening to the whole thing by the following Tuesday. If you build up a bit of a backlog, don't worry about it. Make a dent in it when you find the time. Or else become one of those people who wears earbuds everywhere they go.

#173 Posted by Poppy_Persona (154 posts) -

I don't want or expect it to change i just accept that there are bits of the podcast that bore me a bit, when they talk about food for example or when they go on a long rant about some inside baseball video game company stuff that i don't understand. I think I've listened for long enough that i can anticipate how long the forth coming ramble will be and i just skip forward like 5-10 minutes.

#174 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

Is this the thread where we complain that the Bombcast should be way, way longer? If so, hear, hear!

#175 Posted by Nightriff (5080 posts) -

I agree it is long and bloated a lot of the time, last weeks was very boring for 3 hours, not even good funny bits just...talking and talking

BUT I will never tell them to shorten it because "I have a life." That is selfish of anyone to think that. Obviously they don't mind doing them that long and the majority of people enjoy longcasts so fuck off and go away if it is too long. I am in the same situation as you and I make it work.

#176 Posted by Dalai (7029 posts) -

I really do think they can shorten the Bombcast to a more reasonable length, especially during slow news or release weeks. And while I have no problems with the staff talking about their personal lives outside of gaming, just try to keep it to a minimum, guys.

#177 Posted by DefaultProphet (459 posts) -

Don't want to listen to 3 hours of bombcast?

Don't listen to 3 hours of bombcast. Don't actively try and ruin it for those of us who like the long casts

#178 Edited by 6n00bkilla9 (152 posts) -

@dalai: that is the best part of the bombcast and why i like it so much more than any other podcast its like having the boys over and just having them talk to you like one of their friends. friends which love awesome things.

#179 Posted by Rafaelfc (1347 posts) -

ridiculously long and ridiculously good. Complaint dismissed, next!

#181 Posted by jaffaz (138 posts) -

This is definitely something I have been thinking more and more recently. I do find it quite hard to fit into the week. But it remains very popular so I guess the majority have spoken!

#182 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7241 posts) -

I like the fact that it's 3 hours. If I don't have enough time to listen to all of it in one sitting, I'll just come back to it later. My suggestion to you would be to break your listening sessions up.

#183 Posted by fRAWRst (236 posts) -

I dont get it

if you have 1.5 hours a week to listen, then listen to 1.5 hours of a bombcast

now you're bombcasts last twice as long!

i dont see the issue

#184 Posted by shiptoncraig (149 posts) -

Shortening it only affects those who like the 3 hour podcasts. You can always pause it, but we can't generate another one and a half hours by magic.

#185 Edited by Superfriend (1553 posts) -

Yeah, you have a family and kids now, congrats dude.

That doesn´t mean the whole world will all of the sudden bend to your will. You will find quite the opposite to be true.

Besides, nobody said you have to listen to the whole thing in one sitting. I tend to listen to a single bombcast over the course of 4 to 5 days, since it´s perfect material for walking/biking/driving to work.

#186 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5490 posts) -

I just listen to it throughout the week.

#187 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Do what I do and just not listen to it.

#188 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

I work, go to school, have somewhat of a social life and still manage to listen to the entire podcast each week. As others have said it's something that can be done on commute. I spend three hours in transit Sunday-Thursday, meaning a "lengthy" podcast only covers me for a single day.

#189 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

This thread is ridiculously long.

#190 Posted by woutr (23 posts) -

3 hours is the sweet spot for me, because that's how long I spend sitting in a bus every week.

#191 Edited by Ekami (261 posts) -

@mtcantor said:

This thread is ridiculously long.

Never has the community been more unified then in the need to tell this dude how bad his idea is.

#192 Posted by Ekami (261 posts) -

This guy is the fifth element

#193 Posted by 2HeadedNinja (1617 posts) -

nope ... I listen to it at work and there is never enough bombcast ... the longer the better as long as the crew feels like it. I wouldnt want to force them into 3 hour bombcasts, but if they do those I am happy.

#194 Posted by ragintaft (48 posts) -

NOT LONG ENOUGH.

#195 Edited by Dethfish (3661 posts) -

Lately I've been listening to the bombcast twice in a week, so the longer the better for me.

They should just start using the entire workday on Monday to record a podcast. Recording a podcast is probably easier than actually working, right?

#196 Posted by kristov_romanov (459 posts) -

The longer the better.

<Insert girth joke>

#197 Edited by zenmastah (912 posts) -

I love that its longer than other podcasts out there.

If the OP has other things to do, there is this thing called pause and resume at your own convenience.

#198 Edited by darthbator (3 posts) -

I like how long it is. Sometimes I'll have enough time to take a few mile run. Come how and shower. And then game some all in one podcast. It's a great zone out tool. I'm waiting for it right now before I head out and take my run!

#199 Posted by savingpvtbryan (5 posts) -

I agree that it's long enough if this is the only podcast I listen to. However, I don't. I probably listen to 5 other podcasts also. Giant Bomb cast needs to be reduced to 1.5 hours!!!!!! GET TO THE POINT GUYS!!

#200 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

You face is too long! You look like Russell brand, dude.

Actually it does drag sometimes. Not all topics are of interest to me, but that is ok. Were it up to me more time would be spend on non game talk.