#201 Edited by Winternet (8035 posts) -

You're ridiculously long, fake SexyToad.

#202 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

You're ridiculously long, fake SexyToad.

FexyToad.

#203 Posted by believer258 (12072 posts) -

I agree that it's long enough if this is the only podcast I listen to. However, I don't. I probably listen to 5 other podcasts also. Giant Bomb cast needs to be reduced to 1.5 hours!!!!!! GET TO THE POINT GUYS!!

Then don't listen to so many podcasts? And why did you bump this just to say the same thing, again, when almost every other person has already said that they like the length?

#204 Posted by gaminghooligan (1476 posts) -
#205 Edited by Ekami (266 posts) -

@savingpvtbryan: My theory is that this topic went so badly that you went into a coma for a month and reset for a do over

#206 Edited by Brenderous (1106 posts) -

Keep it loooooooong

#207 Edited by ProfessorEss (7467 posts) -

It's "Giant Bombcast". "GIANT Bombcast". Ain't nuttin' giant about an hour and half.

I understand that people find it long and meandering but I listen to it while I work so I have five hours more than I need every day :)

#208 Edited by shepdelonge (20 posts) -

I love it that it's at least three hours long. As others have said, I'm a little saddened when it doesn't hit three hours. I sometimes have trouble fitting in the whole thing during a week as I listen to a lot of other podcasts but I fit it in when I can. If I'm cooking I stick it on, washing up, it's on, going to work, whenever. You'll be surprised how much you can get through by doing it that way.

#209 Edited by RedCream (706 posts) -

Stretch it out for a week.

#210 Edited by PolygonSlayer (432 posts) -

The Bombcast is too short, please make it longer so that it lasts throughout my whole workday, in fact please make one every single work day of the week so that I never run out of podcasts at work.

:P

Different people different strokes, but as the others have said, there is nothing wrong with splitting the podcast up throughout the week. I don't see the problem personally.

#211 Posted by tread311 (357 posts) -

I work at a job by myself all night. The quiet kills me without podcasts or something to listen to so it could be even longer and I'd be happy. Totally understand it being hard to find time if you work a full time day job though.

#212 Edited by redgonzo (98 posts) -

Hey don't like it? Then why don't you make like a tree and get out of here.

#213 Edited by SJSchmidt93 (4897 posts) -

A whole week to listen to three hours? It's really not that hard, I don't care how busy you are. You can do other things while listening, such as drive, play games, work out, whatever.

#214 Posted by Dacnomaniac (443 posts) -

@soapy86 said:

The Bombcast doesn't revolve around you.

#215 Posted by Alex (2366 posts) -

The Bombcast is ridiculously long. The sky is up. Water is wet. Some things are just inarguable constants.

Staff
#216 Edited by thebolt (9 posts) -

@savingpvtbryan: You don't HAVE to listen to the entire thing. You could just listen in chunks until the next one is released and then switch to the new one. There is no completionist achievement for podcast listening.

#217 Edited by Ekami (266 posts) -

we've now been yelling at this guy for two months straight about this

#218 Edited by psylah (2182 posts) -

Don't like long Bombcasts? Don't eat.

#219 Posted by vikingdeath1 (995 posts) -

I listen to it to and from classes, and I end up getting through the whole thing around twice before the next bombcast comes out.
so no, I want it long. XD

#220 Posted by Jay_Ray (1116 posts) -

@alex said:

The Bombcast is ridiculously long. The sky is up. Water is wet. Some things are just inarguable constants.

In Australia the sky is down and in Antarctica water is dry. But the bombcast is long everywhere, just how it should be.

#221 Posted by Kidable (127 posts) -

You want a 1.5 hour Bombcast? Only listen to it for 1.5 hours then. Skip right to the outro when you've had enough. Boom. The second half never happened for you. Everyone's happy.

#222 Posted by WilyBoy (163 posts) -

More content = good, right?

#223 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@the_laughing_man said:

Listen to sections during driving. There ya go.

@soapy86 said:

The Bombcast doesn't revolve around you.

Yeah, basically. I'm sure you can find 3 hours a week. If you have a commute, just listen to it every time you hop in the car. You're bound to finish it unless you count a 15 minutes drive as a "commute." You can also listen to the podcast on lunch breaks, during workouts, hell even during sex. That last one is especially fun, trust me! ;D Oh, and pop a comfy pair of earbuds in before bed to fall asleep to or something.

#224 Edited by Cheesebob (1245 posts) -

Its three hours long and OP wants it to be about 1.5 hours long. Why doesn't he listen to it in two sections?

#225 Posted by ripelivejam (4568 posts) -

@redgonzo said:

Hey don't like it? Then why don't you make like a tree and get out of here.

lmao sweet bump brah

#226 Posted by geirr (2673 posts) -

Old topic is old, but fuck no, the longer it is the better.

Oh my :3~

#227 Edited by cthomer5000 (845 posts) -

I've been meaning to write this post for a long time but I've never had the chance to.

Bottom line: The Giant Bombcast podcast is way too long, generally speaking. Please limit it to 1.5 hours per episode. I've got a job and family now, I can't spend 3 hours a week listening to just one podcast.

I've been a longtime listener of Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Alex, et al. and followed them here from Gamespot. The Hotspot was a podcast I listened to religiously. I loved these guys so much that I came to Giant Bomb and became a paid subscriber (I still am although I'm not as active as I used to be on Gamespot). If I was younger I wouldn't mind listening to all the extra stuff the guys on the podcast talk about but I've got a career and family now so it's very difficult for me to listen to just one podcast for three hours. Gaming is and always will be a very important part of my life and the guys at Giant Bomb have helped me keep my connection to the gaming world for a long time. I only wish they could do it in 90 minutes or less. A podcast that was structured for people like me would be much appreciated.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it just me?

You're an adult now. Make hard adult choices. Either find the time to listen to the Bombcast if it matters that much to you. Or realize it doesn't and let go of it.

You make decision like this with finances, do the same with your free time.

I can't keep up with all the video content on this site, but i don't want them to do less of it because I can't always find the time.

#228 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2523 posts) -

Personnaly I enjoyed the Hotspot back in the day more than the Bombcast now, it was a reasonable amount of time and conversations pretty much stayed on track.

#229 Edited by ripelivejam (4568 posts) -

I DEMAND A MEATIER, GIRTHIER BOMBCAST STREAIGT INTO MY MOUF

#230 Posted by BerserkingGuts (79 posts) -

I listen to it in sections too. Usually I'll listen to the first half before sleep, and the rest of it the next day.

#231 Posted by NTM (7516 posts) -

No, I don't have the same problem, but I find myself skipping a lot of what they're talking about to hear the things I'm interested in, and if they have nothing to say that I'm interested in at all, I won't listen to the podcast. I wish they would add... Well actually, as I type this, this seems about right from how I feel:

I don't mind the length, I just wish there was some way they could do chapter markers or timestamps or something. There are times I just don't have interest in what they are talking about or want to avoid spoiling something.

#232 Posted by Lelcar (730 posts) -

i never understand these constant threads saying that the bombcast is too long. who's forcing you to listen to it all at once? hey, i have a life too, and that's why i listen to it in segments throughout the week. i have commutes and i do menial tasks, and the bombcast is perfect for those situations.

there's no way throughout an entire week do you have less than 3 hours of cognitive downtime. if you're so busy that you cant even concentrate on listening to something for 3 hours separated throughout an entire week, then that blows my mind.

#233 Edited by 2HeadedNinja (1721 posts) -

IF ANYTHING, it should be LONGER

I second that. Well said sir.

#234 Edited by Reisz (1522 posts) -

You seem like a nice dude @savingpvtbryan and I'm sorry you feel you can't enjoy the things you like but I assure you, you aren't as busy as you think you are. You should schedule a massage for yourself or something man. Just think, you could have been listening to the bombcast instead of writing this post or reading my comment. Find a way to de-stress, it's easier to make that time for yourself than you think.

Good luck man,

#235 Posted by dudeglove (8140 posts) -

I remember the threat of it being cut in half for non prem members.

Yeah did anyone ever hear the exact details about that?

#236 Posted by SharpShotApollo (146 posts) -

So it's decided then? The bombcast needs to come out in IV form? Directly into my veins!!

#237 Posted by Orbitz (67 posts) -

I usually put it on in the background while I do other stuff. I'm glad it's as long as it is personally.

Having said that, I don't exactly listen to it often.. Only once in a while to be honest. It's great though!

#238 Edited by MEATBALL (3386 posts) -

3+ hour bombcasts are the best bombcasts.

#239 Posted by Rafaelfc (1410 posts) -

will the regularly scheduled bombcasts reach the 4 hour mark at some point?

#240 Edited by RenMcKormack (1074 posts) -

i want like a ten hour bombcast where the guys are like killing each-other out of madness at the end. GOTY was not contentious enough this year.

#241 Edited by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

Nothing stops the Bombcast.

I demand that the first hour be about nothing even related to gaming.

#242 Posted by Matt_F606 (320 posts) -

The longer the podcast the fucking better. NEVER CHANGE BOMBCAST! NEVER CHANGE!

What he said! The Bombcast is cool just the way it is.