Got new android phone, can't download podcasts.

CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This probably isn't the greatest place to ask, but I just purchased an LG V10 after having an HTC One x for several years. On my old phone, when I hit the download mp3 button, It would give me the option to either play it online, or actually download the file. My new phone immediately plays it online without giving me the option. Is there any way I can actually download podcasts onto it? I now this isn't the greatest place to ask but I figured people who visit this board would probably know. Thanks.

iggypoptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@charlesda: I would just get an app. Easier to manage in the first place. I use PocketCasts, which is like $4, but I'm sure there's tons of free alternatives.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@charlesda: If you press and hold on the button it should give you the option to save the file. However a much better option would be to download a Podcast app (there's plenty of recommendations for specific ones in this thread), and let it download new episodes for you automatically.

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe on the download link hold over it on your screen til it gives you a prompt (kinda like right clicking in windows). But really, like the other guy said, I'd just get a podcast app, much easier.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5 csl316  Online

When I hit Download MP3, it takes me to a separate page that starts playing the audio. I then press and hold on that screen and get some options, including Save Audio.

That's how the Galaxy works, but worth a shot on yours.

CharlesDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blacklagoon: Thank you. Save link is the option that downloads it for me. I may try pocket casts at some point seeing as people seem to love that in the other thread.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i use the app podcast addict. you can add the podcasts there. both the giant bombcast premium podcasts and the giantbeastcast

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

I can recommend using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bambuna.podcastaddict&hl=en

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use BeyondPod, throw that in the mix when you decide on an app. I have it set to download all of my new episodes when I'm on WiFi, syncs playlists and episodes across multiple devices. I'm sure those features aren't unique, but I haven't felt the need to seek out a better app.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still just hit download and stream it, too lazy to find/manage a podcast app.

That said, life was hell before they fixed it so you can actually see a list of episodes in the mobile site!