• 93 results
#1 Posted by TheAdmin (703 posts) -

So we know that they said there would be a game of the year deliberation Bombcast... What do you hope it'll be like this year? I'm hoping it's like 8 hours long and they get into giant arguments about titles... where the verdict is split 50/50 and Vinny has to box Jeff, live on air, to see who wins. Last years format was really great and I'm super pumped about it this time. Thoughts on what it might be like? Guests? Does it need guests? probably not - just the 4, in a small room, arguing about the legitimacy of Game Room. 

#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

i hope 10 hours long. Cause then i can play wow for a long time and listen to the bombcast.

#3 Posted by FLStyle (4396 posts) -

I am ready for the epicness.

#4 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

I am still waiting for my all Game-Room Bombcast. 

#5 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

2-4 hours is enough thank you. This year there won't be much arguing. Mass Effect 2. End. List.

#6 Posted by litrock (173 posts) -

Yeah, pretty sure it's going to be ME2 this year.  I'm more curious how the smaller awards pan out.

#7 Posted by matti00 (663 posts) -

After last year, I'm actually really excited to see what they do. Looks like it's gonna be even crazier.

That's the way I see this site going. Gradually getting crazier and crazier until visiting is like some kind of frightening fever dream where Jonathan Frakes is constantly trying to lick your face.

#8 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

I won't lie, I don't like this time of year beacuse it brings the worst in the gaming community in general, 
but I guess I'm excited too

#9 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I really, really, really want to hear Jeff's thoughts on Red Dead.

#10 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

I bet whatever game Ryan or Jeff pick will get GOTY.

#11 Posted by TheAdmin (703 posts) -

I want them to be extra honest - if you hated a game, just say you hated it and why. Sometimes they beat around the bush saying things like "yeah, I didn't care for that part" when they could be like "That part sucks big time" - hopefully they'll be as direct as possible.

#12 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -
@matti00 said:
"That's the way I see this site going. Gradually getting crazier and crazier until visiting is like some kind of frightening fever dream where Jonathan Frakes is constantly trying to lick your face. "
Isn't that what the site already is now after the MCP Quick Look?
#13 Edited by nick_verissimo (1373 posts) -
@Scooper: Ya, it usually seems to boil down that way doesn't it?
#14 Edited by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I really hope Mass Effect 2 doesn't win. Just another incredibly boring Bioware RPG that gave a lot of overexcited fan-nerds what they (thought) they wanted.

#15 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4480 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
" 2-4 hours is enough thank you. This year there won't be much arguing. Mass Effect 2. End. List. "
lol, dream on. RDR says hi.
#16 Posted by EpicSteve (6442 posts) -

It might not be up until early January. Most game journalists seem to utilize winter break as catch up.

#17 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (174 posts) -
@Gizmo: 

It will win and it deserves to. Cry more
#18 Posted by solidwolf52 (295 posts) -

I think it'll be a long argument between Jeff, Ryan and Vinny over ME2 and RDR while Brad just sits there yelling Starcraft 2.  

#19 Edited by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -

It'll be five minutes long, and they'll decide on Deadly Premonition.  

Nah, as much as I like Deadly Premonition, it's probably going to be either RDR or ME2. 

#20 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@Belmont_Shadow said:
" @Gizmo:   It will win and it deserves to. Cry more "
It really doesnt, there have been far better games out this year forinstance RDR.  
Personally i think it'll be a split between RDR and starcraft but i also thing that arcade games like SMB might  be in there too. 

I hope the bombcast is around the three hour mark again.
#21 Edited by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -
@solidwolf52 said:

" I think it'll be a long argument between Jeff, Ryan and Vinny over ME2 and RDR while Brad just sits there yelling Starcraft 2.   "

I dunno, in the Undead Nightmare Quick Look, Brad pretty much said that RDR was his favorite game of the year...
#22 Posted by MEATBALL (2787 posts) -

I don't particularly care about the outcome of their deliberations, more about the discussion and content that surrounds those decisions. Can't wait for it all to go up, should be fun!

#23 Posted by Master_Funk (723 posts) -

I just wanna hear Jeff's reasoning for hating RDR when that and mass effect 2 are most likely the finalists

#24 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@CptChiken said:
" @Belmont_Shadow said:
It really doesnt, there have been far better games out this year forinstance RDR.  
Personally i think it'll be a split between RDR and starcraft but i also thing that arcade games like SMB might  be in there too.  I hope the bombcast is around the three hour mark again. "
On one of the recent bombcasts Jeff seemed to be staking out his position for ME2 pretty early, but I'm curious just how hard Brad will fight for Starcraft. On their first GOTY podcast Brad backed off his first choice of Banjo Kazooie pretty quickly when he realized he was the only one in its corner. Also, Jeff seemed pretty down on RDR recently, I thought I recall him saying some unflattering things about the Vanilla game when they were talking about the zombie expansion.
#25 Posted by solidwolf52 (295 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan: He didn't go to Korea to watch people play RDR though...
#26 Posted by CptChiken (1987 posts) -
@sixghost said:
" @CptChiken said:
" @Belmont_Shadow said:
Personally i think it'll be a split between RDR and starcraft but i also thing that arcade games like SMB might  be in there too.  I hope the bombcast is around the three hour mark again. "
On one of the recent bombcasts Jeff seemed to be staking out his position for ME2 pretty early, but I'm curious just how hard Brad will fight for Starcraft. On their first GOTY podcast Brad backed off his first choice of Banjo Kazooie pretty quickly when he realized he was the only one in its corner. Also, Jeff seemed pretty down on RDR recently, I thought I recall him saying some unflattering things about the Vanilla game when they were talking about the zombie expansion. "
yeah brad did back off pretty quick, but hes much more into starcraft than he was banjo kazooie.
#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (9765 posts) -
@solidwolf52:  That's because they don't play RDR in Korea. I wouldn't be surprised that if there were some sort of equivalent tournament for RDR in Texas (or somewhere more akin to the western setting), he would have gone. 
#28 Posted by Grissefar (2843 posts) -

I'm hoping for. Twenty. Four. Hours of Bombcast. But it won't because spoilers: 

ME2 wins.

It seems they're planning something special for us. Exciting.

#29 Posted by HaroldoNVU (591 posts) -
@MEATBALL said:
" I don't particularly care about the outcome of their deliberations, more about the discussion and content that surrounds those decisions. Can't wait for it all to go up, should be fun! "
Same here. I hope the process is fair and the discussions are entertaining and informative.
#30 Posted by Kurtdyoung (1289 posts) -

This is my favorite time of year. A 3+ hour bombcast would be awesome.

#31 Posted by TheAdmin (703 posts) -
@solidwolf52 said:
" I think it'll be a long argument between Jeff, Ryan and Vinny over ME2 and RDR while Brad just sits there yelling Starcraft 2.   "
hahaha. SO true.  
@MooseyMcMan said:
" It'll be five minutes long, and they'll decide on Deadly Premonition.   Nah, as much as I like Deadly Premonition, it's probably going to be either RDR or ME2.  "
Deadly Premonition should get SOMETHING... I mean, it was an awesomely entertaining game and lots of people tuned in for the ER
#32 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

It'll probably be like the 4 hour one last year.

#33 Posted by dubios451 (134 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" I won't lie, I don't like this time of year beacuse it brings the worst in the gaming community in general,  but I guess I'm excited too "
@Gizmo said:
" I really hope Mass Effect 2 doesn't win. Just another incredibly boring Bioware RPG that gave a lot of overexcited fan-nerds what they (thought) they wanted. "
Ding Ding, you were correct Kjellm87.
#34 Posted by Vextroid (1316 posts) -

Heres hoping a Mic doesnt die again.
#35 Posted by zudthespud (3278 posts) -
Is it going to be today's bombcast? 
#36 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -
@dubios451 said:
" @Kjellm87 said:
" I won't lie, I don't like this time of year beacuse it brings the worst in the gaming community in general,  but I guess I'm excited too "
@Gizmo said:
" I really hope Mass Effect 2 doesn't win. Just another incredibly boring Bioware RPG that gave a lot of overexcited fan-nerds what they (thought) they wanted. "
Ding Ding, you were correct Kjellm87. "
nope, just because someone doesn't like ME2 doesn't make them "the worst in the gaming community" (I wouldn't put ME2 on my list, personally)
#37 Posted by Lake (125 posts) -
@jorbear said:
" I am still waiting for my all Game-Room Bombcast.  "

Ryan would hang himself.
#38 Edited by Hot_Sawce (66 posts) -
@Grissefar said:

" ... It seems they're planning something special for us. Exciting. "

Judging from Vinny's tweeted pic, yeah they do.

http://bit.ly/hW8uAe
#39 Posted by dubios451 (134 posts) -
@Laketown: Entirely correct, however the fellow I quoted was not exactly eloquent in his denouncement of the game. Anyone is free to dislike it, I just prefer they try to do so in a way that is not offensive to the people who do (rather like you did).
#40 Posted by TooWalrus (12978 posts) -

I still haven't played ME2, but I hear it's great. I hope there's at least some mention of Assassin's Creed, because that's probably my game of the year.

#41 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1636 posts) -

I think this might be the Ice T thing they had cooking a while back. Ice T's Super Dope Game Of The Year presented by Ice T.  

#42 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

I'll probably skip GotY bombcast because Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 in about a month 

#43 Posted by HubrisRanger (470 posts) -

I think in terms of being a game that everyone can stand behind, Mass Effect 2 is the only game that A) everyone played, and B) everyone had a high opinion of. Jeff didn't care for the beginning of RDR so never got past it, Brad's not played the back half of the Assassin's Creed series, Ryan's excitement about Starcraft is pretty minimal, etc.  I think it will come down to how comfortable the team would be putting a game that three of the four can get behind at a GotY, even if the fourth either is indifferent or actively dislikes it. If they aren't, I can't think of any game (other than MAYBE Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, but they all had some criticisms for the game after the initial high wore off) other than ME2 that they all played and were blown away by.

#44 Posted by DjCmeP (1145 posts) -
@jorbear said:
" I am still waiting for my all Game-Room Bombcast.  "
There will be one next week when M$ announces that they are shutting it down.
#45 Posted by cutyoface (525 posts) -

I can't wait

#46 Posted by Grilledcheez (3919 posts) -

I hope it's 1000 hours long!

#47 Posted by RobotHamster (4156 posts) -

I hope it's really long, I'm on Christmas break and ready for some awesomeness!

#48 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2712 posts) -
@luce said:
" I'll probably skip GotY bombcast because Mass Effect 2 is coming to PS3 in about a month  "
Me too, 'cause I haven't played Red Dead yet.
#49 Posted by sixghost (1679 posts) -
@99X said:
" @solidwolf52 said:
hahaha. SO true.  
@MooseyMcMan said:
" It'll be five minutes long, and they'll decide on Deadly Premonition.   Nah, as much as I like Deadly Premonition, it's probably going to be either RDR or ME2.  "
Deadly Premonition should get SOMETHING... I mean, it was an awesomely entertaining game and lots of people tuned in for the ER "
2010's Dreamcast game of the year possibly?
#50 Posted by chogi (546 posts) -

Still pulling for RDR. I think it still has a chance.