#1 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (200 posts) -

What am I doing wrong? I go to my phone, I go to my podcasts, I go to Giant Bombcast, I go to get more, and there's nothing. The most recent listed podcast is the first day of the GOTY deliberations. There hasn't been anything posted since.

I want to listen to these damn things but I don't want to be tethered to my computer to do so. Anyone have any advice for finding them and downloading them to my phone (iPhone 4 with 5.1.1 because I hate the newer podcast app and never wanted to get involved with it. Could that be the problem?)?

#2 Posted by Mister_V (1170 posts) -

Can't help you with iTunes but I use instacast for podcasts on IOS and it works fine on there.

#3 Edited by Asky314159 (58 posts) -

Yeah, in old iOS, the podcast stuff comes from the iTunes Store, which doesn't update its podcast listings very often. If you were subscribed through the podcasts app, you'd be hitting the Giant Bomb RSS directly, which would let you see the new stuff.

#4 Posted by DarknessMyOldFriend (200 posts) -

Yeah, in old iOS, the podcast stuff comes from the iTunes Store, which doesn't update its podcast listings very often. If you were subscribed through the podcasts app, you'd be hitting the Giant Bomb RSS directly, which would let you see the new stuff.

That explains it. Damn. Ok, I guess I'll try an alternative podcasting app like @mister_v suggested.

#5 Posted by Baillie (4025 posts) -
#6 Posted by automatontribe (196 posts) -

I use the podcast app and am subscribed and I can see every part expect 2! Where the hell did it run off to?