#1 Posted by xCharlieSheen (75 posts) -

Assassins Creed 3 wasn't nearly as bad as Call of Juarez: The Cartel. If going by the last iteration of a franchise. Gunslinger was my favorite shooter of the year. I know Patrick really like it, can't believe no mention. I had absolutely zero expectations for this game based on the franchise so far. The first 3 in the series were $60 retail games, this one was a $15 downloadable, and By far the best. The shooting felt real solid, the storytelling was unique, the rewind feature, the duels, and looked nice. Was surprised they left it out.

#2 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Good point, though looking at the recent Wolfcast they must have talked about it somewhere.

#3 Posted by AMyggen (2833 posts) -

On his Tumblr, Patrick said he just forgot about it.

"I fucked up", I believe is the exact quote.

#4 Posted by jkz (4008 posts) -

Agreed. Not a huge deal or anything since I don't expect the awards to be definitive, and only Patrick seems to have played it, but yeah, that gane's REALLY fucking good in a way I totally didn't expect. Especially from the story telling. Pretty sure it's the only game I played in one sitting this year

#5 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3796 posts) -

It's always going to be personal... and yeah maybe they forgot I guess. I didn't find AC IV to be some huge surprise that it was good (III wasn't as bad as people put on and it was one game in an annual series now).

I think Bound in Blood was a really great game too. But I guess it was pretty surprising.

#6 Posted by cthomer5000 (765 posts) -

This years awards seem riddled with blatant omissions in my opinion. Not just this category.

#7 Posted by Capum15 (4873 posts) -

It's now on a Steam Flash sale for the next 8 hours for $5. So I should probably get it?

#8 Posted by sub_o (884 posts) -

@amyggen said:

On his Tumblr, Patrick said he just forgot about it.

"I fucked up", I believe is the exact quote.