• 109 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#51 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

Borderlands 2 of course!

#52 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

@shootermcclay said:

Mark of the Ninja = 360 Game of the Year.

Comes out on the pc this week = disqualification

#53 Edited by Mesoian (1574 posts) -
  • Final Fantasy 13-2

Haha, aww that's cute.

#54 Posted by huntad (1940 posts) -

I'm fine with spoilers. If I didn't play the game, I probably didn't want to.

#55 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4679 posts) -

I need to play the rest of the Walking Dead and Spec Ops. Don't want those spoiled for me. I may get Assassin's creed 3 too. Otherwise I don't care.

#56 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Cheesebob said:

Binary Domain (one hopes)

Sleeping Dogs

It goddamn better show up somewhere, I just beat it yesterday and that game is pretty great! Amusingly enough, the next game I'm going to beat is Binary Domain!

Hey! I also just beat Sleeping Dogs recently, and I do agree! Though, unfortunately, the game gets marks against it for strongly insisting that you do the bloody "drug bust" missions.

I did them up until a certain point, it was still fun though!

Now that this is sort of brought up again: I finished Binary Domain and that game was pretty awesome as well, it will definitely be brought up when I start talking GOTY stuff.

#57 Posted by stooven (33 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma!

#58 Posted by TheIronWeasel (26 posts) -

I'd say that Diablo 3 and Torchlight 2 will likely be discussed as well.

#59 Posted by WolfHazard (471 posts) -

KoA was a fantastic game!

#60 Posted by Barrabas (326 posts) -

Though I don't really expect it to take home any awards, I hope SSX at least gets a mention. I know it's easy to forget a game from that early in the year, but that was a hell of a game. I seem to remember the GB guys thought it was really good. Didn't Jeff say he liked it despite not liking any of the previous games in the series?

#61 Posted by me3639 (1760 posts) -

@Hizang said:

Syndicate will make an appearance as Jeff mentioned earlier it was one of the best games he had played so far this year.

First 6 months of the year i think i totally agree.

#62 Edited by Aegon (5642 posts) -

Eff....I mean fuck...just...damn. How am I gonna beat all those games? I wanted to beat darksiders before II and I left somewhere in the middle of it. Now I have XCOM, Dishonored and Mark of the Ninja. I also left Syndicate in the middle of it.

Oh man, I didn't finish Amalur either.

#63 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -

I say really who cares? At this point if you haven't gone back to play thoes games are you REALLY going to go back and play them?

#64 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

wow, this thread made me realize how dire is the situation of disc-based exclusive games on the PS3 this year... there's nothing apart from PS All Stars, ouch.

That said, jf the best ps3 exclusive category comes down to Journey vs. Tokyo Jungle, that could be an EPIC argument. Two profoundly different games, graphics quality notwithstanding two very good games.

Mark of the Ninja could be a lock for 360 exclusive, but it is out on PC so I'm not sure they'd still consider it exclusive. Also, I have a hunch Halo 4 might have a better shot than most people give it credit for.

#65 Posted by FCDRandy (219 posts) -

Need for Speed Most Wanted is conspicuously absent, as many of The Dudes are looking forward to it.

#66 Posted by kishinfoulux (2312 posts) -

@49th said:

Journey is gonna win GOTY calling it.

I would vomit if that's the case. Luckily I don't think it will. It will be brought up but I just don't see it happening.

The Walking Dead needs serious consideration. I'm unsure if Jeff has played it though, which makes me worry.

#67 Posted by fuzzy510 (206 posts) -

@Rafaelfc said:

wow, this thread made me realize how dire is the situation of disc-based exclusive games on the PS3 this year... there's nothing apart from PS All Stars, ouch.

That said, jf the best ps3 exclusive category comes down to Journey vs. Tokyo Jungle, that could be an EPIC argument. Two profoundly different games, graphics quality notwithstanding two very good games.

Mark of the Ninja could be a lock for 360 exclusive, but it is out on PC so I'm not sure they'd still consider it exclusive. Also, I have a hunch Halo 4 might have a better shot than most people give it credit for.

I'd assume that it's far more likely that, like last year, they don't bother with console-exclusive awards at all. Which makes sense, given that 95% of releases that are worth mentioning are released on multiple platforms.

#68 Posted by BeachThunder (11947 posts) -

Out of that list, I only need to play Dishonored and Spec Ops and Far Cry 3; the others I've played/have no interested in.

#69 Posted by EVO (3913 posts) -

FTL?

#70 Posted by Twiggy199 (498 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

I doubt I Am Alive will be mentioned other than in passing for Disappointment of the Year.

Were there any high expectations?.

#71 Posted by Superkenon (1436 posts) -

Man, I've played, like, none of those games.

#72 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Updated into a more "proper" list, suitable for the proximity.

#73 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7096 posts) -
@Twiggy199

@MariachiMacabre said:

I doubt I Am Alive will be mentioned other than in passing for Disappointment of the Year.

Were there any high expectations?.

Yeah because the concept sounded awesome and before it was a downloadable it was going to be a retail release and much larger scale.
#74 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

The only ones I haven't played that I care about having spoiled for me in the slightest are Spec Ops and Walking Dead. Maybe if Spec Ops drops real low during the steam sale before the GOTY stuff gets going I'll grab it and play through it, but other than that I'll take my chances.

It's hard for me to imagine how anyone could really spoil Journey though. I mean, talking about that game doesn't really strike me as spoiling it. I imagine it would still be a great experience whether you know the end or not.

#75 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@pyromagnestir said:

The only ones I haven't played that I care about having spoiled for me in the slightest are Spec Ops and Walking Dead. Maybe if Spec Ops drops real low during the steam sale before the GOTY stuff gets going I'll grab it and play through it, but other than that I'll take my chances.

It's hard for me to imagine how anyone could really spoil Journey though. I mean, talking about that game doesn't really strike me as spoiling it. I imagine it would still be a great experience whether you know the end or not.

Probably, but I'm sure some people would consider being told what happens at the end a 'spoiler,' same way some people would consider them describing the mechanics of the final mission of XCOM a spoiler. Not saying they are ones, but spoilers are different things to different people, so they all go on the list. What you do with the list, is up to you...

#76 Posted by Kerned (1170 posts) -

@EVO said:

FTL?

Certainly one of my overall favorites this year, and I'd be surprised if it didn't get brought up briefly. I would be equally surprised if they don't quickly move on to something else.

#77 Posted by RazielCuts (2955 posts) -

Looking at this list is kind of depressing, hasn't been a stellar year. XCOM should be up higher, thats GOTY contender. Wheres Diablo III? Spec Op's is getting way too much cred around these parts for what it tried to do, not what it actually did, and other than what it did story wise the gameplay was a generic third person shooter, not GOTY material. Resident Evil 6 got 2 Stars and panned by all the crew, whys that even up there? Journey, Fez and Mark of the Ninja should be up there in the 'main players' to be talked about. Darksiders II and Darkness II won't get mentioned and Syndicate only by Jeff. I can't believe Amalur came out this year, funny what can happen in a year. Sine Mora won't get mentioned at all, at all (wishful thinking on your part OP?).

#78 Posted by WarlockEngineerMoreDakka (432 posts) -

@Vitor said:

Fuck me Binary Domain was the best thing to come out of Japan since Vanquish (and equally enjoyable as a shooter).

I really can't understand the mediocre reviews it got, the shooting is super satisfying and the story charming and with a wonderfully keen eye vis a vis modern Japanese subculture that made it all the more enjoyable for anyone who's lived there before like I have

It was probably because of some of the following reasons: :(

  • A few of the game's set-pieces were annoying (I'd say no more than 2-3 though)
  • The character-relation system wasn't as fleshed out as some were expecting
  • The allied AI was inconsistent

Those are the main reasons I can think of for the mediocre reviews it got.

So I don't quite consider it GOTY material- but it was still one of the more pleasant surprises of the year with a variety of points arguably counter-acting the downsides:

  • The shooting is solid- I can agree with that.
  • The story is enjoyable
  • They effectively managed to make vanilla cannon fodder enemies feel surprisingly dangerous and never get old throughout pretty much the whole campaign- thanks to a combination of the variable effects of shooting their parts off, and surprisingly varied enemy AI.

Definitely deserves consideration for at least a few side-awards methinks. :)

#79 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

Looking at this list is kind of depressing, hasn't been a stellar year. XCOM should be up higher, thats GOTY contender. Wheres Diablo III? Spec Op's is getting way too much cred around these parts for what it tried to do, not what it actually did, and other than what it did story wise the gameplay was a generic third person shooter, not GOTY material. Resident Evil 6 got 2 Stars and panned by all the crew, whys that even up there? Journey, Fez and Mark of the Ninja should be up there in the 'main players' to be talked about. Darksiders II and Darkness II won't get mentioned and Syndicate only by Jeff. I can't believe Amalur came out this year, funny what can happen in a year. Sine Mora won't get mentioned at all, at all (wishful thinking on your part OP?).

These aren't games which could win, these are the most likely games to be spoiled. Like, it's possible that some crazy shit that happens in Sine Mora may be mentioned in passing, because they said on the bombcast that some CRAZY SHIT happens in that game. But it's not going to win anything, dear god no. This is only about which spoilers could be brought up.

#80 Edited by pyromagnestir (4324 posts) -

@Tylea002:

Might it be worth mentioning dlc for some games? Leviathan for Mass Effect 3 springs to mind. Whether or not they have a best dlc category this year, as last year they didn't, it still might get brought up during Mass Effect discussions. Omega, too.

I can't really think of any other specific dlc which could get brought up, though.

#81 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@pyromagnestir: You're right! It may indeed. They may mention Nightmare in North Point or Dragonborn, perhaps. I can't really remember what DLC got released this year...

#82 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3847 posts) -

You are doing a great service with this. Thanks!

EDIT: So are you going to try to time stamp spoilers on the GOTY podcast? If that is what this is that's a really good idea.

#83 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

I hope they don't talk to much about Far Cry 3 because I will be getting that next year and don't really want it spoiled.

#84 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads said:

EDIT: So are you going to try to time stamp spoilers on the GOTY podcast? If that is what this is that's a really good idea.

Perhaps not personally, because I will be following my own advice and waiting til I've finished some more games until listening - but if people post them in the thread I'll edit them into the main post, or if I do listen, it'll go in the post.

So, yes, one way or another!

#85 Posted by Nilazz (613 posts) -

It's such a small coffin!

#86 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3847 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

EDIT: So are you going to try to time stamp spoilers on the GOTY podcast? If that is what this is that's a really good idea.

Perhaps not personally, because I will be following my own advice and waiting til I've finished some more games until listening - but if people post them in the thread I'll edit them into the main post, or if I do listen, it'll go in the post.

So, yes, one way or another!

Even if it was just whats spoiled in which podcast itd be nice. But that'd be the ultimate. There are just three games I'd like to not be spoiled for me: Dust and Spec Ops and AC III. Would have finished AC but my save got deleted like 13 hours in. Sucks.

#87 Posted by BeachThunder (11947 posts) -

I really wish they wouldn't so flippantly blurt out spoilers for things =(

#88 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

I don't want to break it to you guys but Forza Horizon is going to make their top 10. Ryan will fight for it. Jeff will agree. And if Brad gets his shit together and plays it he'll agree too.

#89 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@JasonR86 said:

I don't want to break it to you guys but Forza Horizon is going to make their top 10. Ryan will fight for it. Jeff will agree. And if Brad gets his shit together and plays it he'll agree too.

I agree with you... so, thanks for breaking it to me?

#90 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

@Tylea002 said:

@JasonR86 said:

I don't want to break it to you guys but Forza Horizon is going to make their top 10. Ryan will fight for it. Jeff will agree. And if Brad gets his shit together and plays it he'll agree too.

I agree with you... so, thanks for breaking it to me?

Your welcome mother-fucker.

#91 Posted by theveej (831 posts) -

out of those games, I don't have AC3 and won't be playing it this year. Kind of bummed out cause I know for sure it will get spoiled. Planning to finish Spec Ops, Walking Dead and Farcry 3 by the time the Podcasts go up and by the sounds of things I need to play Leviathan for ME3. I was hoping to finish Syndicate and Binary Domain also before the end of the year, but finding time to play games has become extremely hard for me.

#92 Posted by ValiantGrizzly (498 posts) -

Oh man, I really need to play Spec Ops, don't I? Wrapping up Sleeping Dogs now, hopefully I'll manage to get through AC3 and Spec Ops after that. Then I should be golden.

#93 Posted by kishinfoulux (2312 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

I really wish they wouldn't so flippantly blurt out spoilers for things =(

Wait what? Most of these games have been out a good long while. And spoilers are to be expected on these GOTY podcasts.

#94 Posted by mak_wikus (524 posts) -

I want to hear Patrick talk about Dragon's Dogma. What the fuck happens in that game?!

#95 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

I just now realized that Kingdoms of Amalur came out this year. With everything that has happened with that game and that developer it feels like that game came out a long, long time ago

#96 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

Pretty sure Journey will have significant spoilers in regards to Best Ending, Best Story, and Game of the Year. Not that I necessarily think it'll win any of those categories, I just know Brad or Ryan will bring it up and Brad will talk about it!

#97 Edited by believer258 (11914 posts) -

  • The Walking Dead
  • Far Cry 3
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Max Payne 3
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • Black Ops II
  • Syndicate

All right. I either have (ME3, Max Payne, Sleepy Dawgz, Syndicate) or will have beaten (Walking Dead, FC3, BlOps 2) all of those by the time I listen to the GOTY podcasts.

  • Spec Ops: The Line
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  • Halo 4

Those are the only other three whose stories I care about that I haven't beaten, and it seems like Halo 4's story isn't much to write home about. Or, rather, it seems like Halo 4's story is something of a barely-understandable clusterfuck to those who haven't deeply invested themselves into the expanded universe so I'm really not too concerned about it. Spec Ops, however... if someone could point me to a good deal on that right now, that'd be great, I haven't spoiled that story for myself yet and I'd hate to have it spoiled in the GOTY podcasts, though I'm not going to put those off too far for one five hour shooter. Kingdoms of Amalur... well, I'm just going to have to hope that they don't spoil that one, it's too long and I've got too much to play through already.

It's not that I'm not interested in some of those other games, it's that I don't have much story interest in any of them. Borderlands 2, Darksiders 2, Dust, Diablo 3, none of those seem like games with decent stories. As for Journey - from what I understand, it's less a story and more an experience.

#98 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2220 posts) -

A lot of those games don't really need to be spoiled story wise as any issues will most likely be game play related. The GB crew are usually good about keeping the Bombcast spoiler friendly and apart from The Walking Dead which is most story and little game play the rest of the games will be fine to talk in depth about much like they do on a regular Bombcast.

#99 Posted by WolfHazard (471 posts) -

If RE6 doesn't win biggest disappointment I'll eat my hat.

#100 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

@cutyoface said:

I hope they don't talk to much about Far Cry 3 because I will be getting that next year and don't really want it spoiled.

I wouldn't worry about getting anything spoiled. There are about 3 scenes of any worth, and it's not so much for the plot as the writing.

Seriously, as great as the game is, the campaign missions/story are pretty lacking.