Help: Can't remember which bombcast it was

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By stafax

I think it was from 1 or 2 months ago, but on one of the bombcasts the crew was talking about the definition of "Triple A titles" and how kids misuse it, thinking it means something else. Does anyone remember which bomcast this was on and when they started talking about it?

sw0rdfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sw0rdfish

I remember listening to it, but I can't remember what the underlying subject was...  they were talking about how marketing terms are being used too much in gaming now, but I totally don't remember what brought it up.   Was probably some game that was being released or something... but I have no idea.

fynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By fynne

I remember the discussion but not which episode.  AAA simply refers to what a company decides to put its marketing muscle behind.  Think of it as the summer blockbuster movie but as a game.  It doesn't mean it's good (ie. Transformer) but it's got a big budget.

vasta_narada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By vasta_narada

Weirdly enough, I just encountered a person that used it in terms of the game being really great. Usually they are, but that's not what AAA means. Too bad the guy's not someone you can argue against without him being stubborn.

stafax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By stafax
@fynne said:
" I remember the discussion but not which episode.  AAA simply refers to what a company decides to put its marketing muscle behind.  Think of it as the summer blockbuster movie but as a game.  It doesn't mean it's good (ie. Transformer) but it's got a big budget. "
I know what it means, I just want to find the sound bite so I can have someone else listen to it since they don't believe me.
cmac2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By cmac2099

I want to say it was right around E3? Not sure on that...

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Grimace

I'm pretty sure it was the episode they went to California Extreme.

14th July this year.